The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server priority

Go down 
+34
Dresgar
Aohh
Philtony
Aldemarran
Matte_Black
Darka
Belenos
Natheless
Arzon
Pyara_Raga
Crebain
JedinWaiting
Mythicrose
Xavier
Godric_Barbarosa
Selven
Lord_Paladin
Schwendo
Lanius
Zepour
vgk
Lugaidh
azarhal
Variable
ShavedEwok
Grome
Lednik
Snakezzz
Velaxi
Ty-Odi
Kai-Sun
Horeon
Sylrah
Gamewiz
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What one aspect is most important for you in choosing a server for RiG?
I want it to be a PvP server.
Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_lcap11%Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 8 ]
I want it to be a PvE server.
Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_lcap23%Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 16 ]
I want it to be an RP server.
Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 7 ]
I want it to be a PvP-RP server.
Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_lcap25%Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 18 ]
I want the server to be West coast of the US.
Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_lcap3%Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
I want the server to be East coast of the US.
Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 7 ]
I want the server to be European.
Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_lcap13%Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 9 ]
I want the server to be Oceanic.
Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_lcap1%Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
I want something not listed (please elaborate)
Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_lcap4%Server priority - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 71

AuthorMessage
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

Server priority - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:18 am

I voted PvE. What is important to me is "consensual PvP". I would be equally happy on an RP server. Arguably I would prefer an RP server, but what is important is not being forced to PvP.
Back to top Go down
Philtony

Philtony

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Darth Farkas
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:12 am

Doesn't make much difference to me; I would just like to drop in on the one that has this community, and these players. I'm really not a fan of PvP servers, but that's something I could get over for the sake of this kind of IG support and friendliness.
Back to top Go down
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Really wish BW would release some info about server rulesets already. Our guild is almost evenly split between a PvP and PvE server now much in the way it is here with the exception of the RP outlayer. Which, I would also have made an option for RP-PvE in case there will be such a server.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Aohh

Aohh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aohh Soleil Noir
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:37 pm

I want it to be a PvP-RP server.
But I'll go where the R.I.G community will go.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:55 pm

How long have we all been going about this? A month??

Its incredible, and gives my cynical azz (<--Selven profanity filter activated) hope for the future of humanity (at least the MMO-IG "humanity"). These are just a few examples of the comments in here. If you are looking for a reason of just, "Why am I here in this forum", look no further than this!!

Thanks a ton for the selflessness I read in these. I really think we may just exceed even our own expecta'schwens on the SWTOR/IG community!!

Like I said before, I think 90-100% of the Crazies have no hangups on what server to play. We're playing on whatever server RiG is on!! /hi!...I need a "pump up" song now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN-eG1zk

Crebain- "I guess the real question is, are we willing to make sacrifices in what we want to all join the same server?

Natheless- "If I happen to be on a server shared with any of you amazing people, personally, I don't care if it's a US or EU server. I tend to play at really weird hours anyways. It would be an honour to know any of you in the actual game."

Belenos- "I didn't vote because I'm willing to adapt. Playing with you guys (or against Twisted Evil ) is more important than playing on my preferred server type (EU RP-PvP).
So whatever you folks decide , I'll be there.

Godric_Barbarosa- "My preference for RP-PvP is just that- a preference. I will go where ever this community goes.

Philtony- "Doesn't make much difference to me; I would just like to drop in on the one that has this community, and these players. I'm really not a fan of PvP servers, but that's something I could get over for the sake of this kind of IG support and friendliness

Aohh- "I want it to be a PvP-RP server.
But I'll go where the R.I.G community will go."

Selven- "If they don't, I will go with the majority. Don't even get me started on the US/EU thing! /sigh sometimes it's hard to have so many wonderful friends! Wink
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:35 pm

Those quotes sound like something you see advertising posters or TV. lol!

*hug R.I.G. community*
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Embarassed

*RiG Community hugs Az' right back*
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Community hugs are a odd, people are always grabbing someone else's ass D=
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:17 am

bah... so right dres.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:13 am

It happens....sometimes (Forrest Gump)
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Guild: Crazies

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:24 am

Schwendo wrote:
It happens....sometimes (Forrest Gump)
theres schwen gumbo, and schwen stew and roasted schwen.......
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:24 am

There's schwen and potatoes...you can broil schwen....you can fry schwen...theres...schwen burger....................thats.....thats about it....Wink
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Guild: Crazies

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:55 am

Schwendo wrote:
There's schwen and potatoes...you can broil schwen....you can fry schwen...theres...schwen burger....................thats.....thats about it....Wink
Quick, someone good with photoshop make me a Bubba Gump schwen boat !
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:43 am

(forrest): You got Shot-t-t Bu-bba...
Back to top Go down
Aohh

Aohh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aohh Soleil Noir
Guild: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Schwendo wrote:

Thanks a ton for the selflessness I read in these. I really think we may just exceed even our own expecta'schwens on the SWTOR/IG community!!
This proves that the R.I.G. is already awesome. ^^
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 4:40 am

Yes it is Aohh, and its barely a month old! I can't wait for launch! We are all going to have a blast playing TOR! Woohoo!

*runs around the room, all excited and stuff*
Back to top Go down
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:53 am

I love RP but I'm still kinda on the fence with being forced to PvP on a pvp server >.< Aion really struck a cord on me when I was playing it. Not sure if I can stand all the wasted hours of being farmed on while trying to finish up some quests. Man I'm sounding all negative again. I think I'm going to get some sleep.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:14 am

I hear ya...It'll prolly be a big issue. But, until they actually let us in on just how the servers will be, we can only speculate. I am generally a "cup 1/2 full" type of optimist. The RP vs. PvP will be the biggest issue I think for us all...
Back to top Go down
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:56 pm

I'm also starting to look at this from an immersion perspective. The more gameplay, leaks, etc... I see that shows how amazing it is going to be to play through killer storylines, the less I want to see things like ganking and whatnot. However, by the same token, if the world is going to be truly immersive I would think these factions would KOS no matter what. Bah, the dilemmas... really wish Bioware could release info on rulesets already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Calvillanous

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:15 am

I vote for what I know/enjoy best PVE!

I'm not completely against other server types ...

RP ='s something I have no prior experience with, I'm always to busy being Me (a funny smart-ass)

PvP ='s 80+% bad experiences for me thus-far. It's very rare that anyone who is really good at PvP will take the time to encourage a noob (raises hand) ... I have a problem with getting my ass handed to me virtualy everytime.To Me? World PvP ='s gank-fest city. 1 second I'm working on a quest, gathering resources, etc. & the next? I'm on the receiving end of a gang-rape (how is 3 or more on one ever fair?). I have a huge Anti-bully complex. I hate being taken advantage of & I hate seeing others get picked-on. AND then after the rape comes the trash-talk. OWNED! PaWND! U suck. Now I'm really seeing red. I want to get whomever was F'n with me in the boxing ring and crack that head open! (any guesses who'd be talking trash after that?) <--- My biggest issue with PvP is I'm never going to get my hands around some punks throat who has been tea-bagging me all day, lol!

*Now that I've frightened several of you? I'm a good listener, I understand strategy (after it's explained) & I'm sure if some of you were gentle with me at first? I could realy start to like PvP. I love competition! Server priority - Page 5 756107
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:18 am

I voted for PvE, but then I remembered that you can PvE on PvP-RP servers. Even though I'm pretty fail at PvP, and I never RP, I think we should be going where we can accommodate the most playstyles.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:58 pm

Calvillanous wrote:
I vote for what I know/enjoy best PVE!

I'm not completely against other server types ...

RP ='s something I have no prior experience with, I'm always to busy being Me (a funny smart-ass)

PvP ='s 80+% bad experiences for me thus-far. It's very rare that anyone who is really good at PvP will take the time to encourage a noob (raises hand) ... I have a problem with getting my ass handed to me virtualy everytime.To Me? World PvP ='s gank-fest city. 1 second I'm working on a quest, gathering resources, etc. & the next? I'm on the receiving end of a gang-rape (how is 3 or more on one ever fair?). I have a huge Anti-bully complex. I hate being taken advantage of & I hate seeing others get picked-on. AND then after the rape comes the trash-talk. OWNED! PaWND! U suck. Now I'm really seeing red. I want to get whomever was F'n with me in the boxing ring and crack that head open! (any guesses who'd be talking trash after that?) <--- My biggest issue with PvP is I'm never going to get my hands around some punks throat who has been tea-bagging me all day, lol!

*Now that I've frightened several of you? I'm a good listener, I understand strategy (after it's explained) & I'm sure if some of you were gentle with me at first? I could realy start to like PvP. I love competition! Server priority - Page 5 756107

My biggest problem with PvP is the system Bioware is going with. (<---- dangling preposition I don't feel like fixing). It is not based on skill (not that I'm the most skillful PvPer), but on the loot you get based on the amount of time you spend PvPing. The person who spends all his time PvPing and getting the PvP loot will always have a huge advantage over the person who enjoys other aspects of the game and, therefore, doesn't spend as much time PvPing and getting the best PvP loot. (<---nasty run-on sentence)
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:26 am

Hehe, GB, thats some serious "English class" going on there! I feel like I have homework all over again Wink.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:39 pm

We now have confirmed server types.

PVE

PVP

and RP

We can now make a decision, or at least start discussions on what the RiG server type will be.

I'm for anything really, as long as we stay together. I'd prefer PVE or RP, but I am not opposed 100% to a PVP server...however it's on the bottom of my list. Nothing set in stone, I want to talk with everyone and come to a consensus we can all agree and love Smile

Edit, you know what, gunna link this to Schwen's thread since it's got better info. Lets use that one.

https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk/t365p75-rig-server-player-list-which-list-will-you-be-on
Back to top Go down
Wetworks

Wetworks

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Unsure-Republic

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Living in WA I hope for PST server, but atm leaning more interest on where the RIG community goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server priority
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next