The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server priority

Go down 
+34
Dresgar
Aohh
Philtony
Aldemarran
Matte_Black
Darka
Belenos
Natheless
Arzon
Pyara_Raga
Crebain
JedinWaiting
Mythicrose
Xavier
Godric_Barbarosa
Selven
Lord_Paladin
Schwendo
Lanius
Zepour
vgk
Lugaidh
azarhal
Variable
ShavedEwok
Grome
Lednik
Snakezzz
Velaxi
Ty-Odi
Kai-Sun
Horeon
Sylrah
Gamewiz
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What one aspect is most important for you in choosing a server for RiG?
I want it to be a PvP server.
Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 8 ]
I want it to be a PvE server.
Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 16 ]
I want it to be an RP server.
Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 7 ]
I want it to be a PvP-RP server.
Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 18 ]
I want the server to be West coast of the US.
Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
I want the server to be East coast of the US.
Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 7 ]
I want the server to be European.
Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 9 ]
I want the server to be Oceanic.
Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_lcap1%Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
I want something not listed (please elaborate)
Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Server priority - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 71

AuthorMessage
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Server priority - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:33 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:

Well all that suggests to me is our good Canadian friends, still speak and write proper English!! Smile

Hehehe.

Thankfully American English is a recognized dialect? <.<

It is?? affraid

Hehehehehe Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Kai-Sun wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:

Well all that suggests to me is our good Canadian friends, still speak and write proper English!! Smile

Hehehe.

It is?? affraid

Hehehehehe Smile

Last I've heard they were pondering about killing off the British English.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:45 pm

Grome wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:
Kai-Sun wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:

Hehehe.

It is?? affraid

Hehehehehe Smile

Last I've heard they were pondering about killing off the British English.

I think we are doing a good enough job of that ourselves......lol.

Can you believe they actually allow "text speak" in english exams over here now??? I mean seriously??? My teacher would have kicked my ass if I had done that when I was at school.....
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:59 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:

It is?? affraid

Hehehehehe Smile

Ya'll didn't know? Ain't it obvious?

And, I actually don't know. haha.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:16 am

Ty-Odi wrote:
I think we are doing a good enough job of that ourselves......lol.

Can you believe they actually allow "text speak" in english exams over here now??? I mean seriously??? My teacher would have kicked my ass if I had done that when I was at school.....

They do? haha... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
vgk

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:05 am

I would personally prefer a PvP server, I'm personally not much for an RPer but an RP-PvP server would work well enough should there be enough RP'ers.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:17 am

Hello vgk.

Current poll results...a tough fight between PvP, PvE and PVP-RP.

Actually, at the moment of this post, everything end with a 6. I wonder what this mean...

Last edited by azarhal on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correcting spelling mistake...)
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:18 am

azarhal wrote:
Hello vgk.

Current poll results...a though fight between PvP, PvE and PVP-RP.

Actually, at the moment of this post, everything end with a 6. I wonder what this mean...

That must just be another one of the Emperor's evil plots.
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:24 pm

The Emperor is not evil, he's just misunderstood. *grins*
Back to top Go down
Lednik

Lednik

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:31 pm

Zepour wrote:
The Emperor is not evil, he's just misunderstood. *grins*

Yeah!! And Darth Vader is crippled old man with respiration problems Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Well, I chose Europe because I think that the timezone is really a big deal when it comes to MMOs.
I really wouldn't want to have to wait hours to find a group just because when i'm playing is still very soon in the US timezone.
To be perfect it would have to be a European PvP server.
Back to top Go down
Lednik

Lednik

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:36 pm

The best solution would be all of us grouped on single server. But the time difference between West Coast and Central/Eastern Europe is just too big to be ignored.
But i wouldn't be surprised if they choose to place all the servers at one location.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Lanius wrote:
Well, I chose Europe because I think that the timezone is really a big deal when it comes to MMOs.
I really wouldn't want to have to wait hours to find a group just because when i'm playing is still very soon in the US timezone.
To be perfect it would have to be a European PvP server.

If there is enough member in the community, we should cover all the timezones.
Back to top Go down
ShavedEwok

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:53 pm

azarhal wrote:
If there is enough member in the community, we should cover all the timezones.
QFT
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:42 pm

As far as my vote...I voted "other",

I feel that I am speaking for most of "The Crazies" (Cold' correct me if I am wrong), but, as long as we have a solid community/fun environment, we are down for just about anything. RP? With this band of goofballs, I think we can drop a RP server anywhere at will! PvP? same...without the whining/griefing...we can actually have fun with a bunch of pals ala' paintball...lasertag IRL!...PvE? Hell yeah, all of us together! Time zones? thats the tough one...You have Ty and the Vikings in Europe, and Haven and the rest out west...thats a 10 hour time differential. That is the big "X-factor" in my book...we figure that one out, the rest of is it is a cakewalk

Just my 02.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Yea mostly seems to boil down to server location then server type (assuming they even have them, would be nice if there wasn't segregation.)

Looks like I'm looking at a RP or PVE style server anyway, cause in the end it really doesn't matter because you can foster RP or PVP on any server regardless of type.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:12 pm

yerp! I agree Kai...damned Earth ro-ta-schwen!...wish there was only one time zone.....stupid orbit...
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Yea mostly seems to boil down to server location then server type (assuming they even have them, would be nice if there wasn't segregation.)

Looks like I'm looking at a RP or PVE style server anyway, cause in the end it really doesn't matter because you can foster RP or PVP on any server regardless of type.

Except for those of us who enjoy world PvP... which is pretty much non-existent on PvE servers. Sad That's my major fear... I really don't want to give up open-world PvP.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Don't get me wrong Wiz' Smile,

I think it would be a blast to have "see an opposing faction/ fight"...its more realistic...

I'm just happy to hang with the "gang", and have fun too...
Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Gamewiz wrote:
Kai-Sun wrote:

Except for those of us who enjoy world PvP... which is pretty much non-existent on PvE servers. Sad That's my major fear... I really don't want to give up open-world PvP.

Ye, world PvP is something I must have if it is in the game. :\ Kinda changing my vote here. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:27 pm

Gamewiz wrote:

Yea, I agree that world pvp is awesome, just not sure how many people interested in guild are big pvp nuts, especially if it's a big turn off for some of the other members.

We'll see, it will be much easier to decide near launch.
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Gamewiz wrote:

Yea, I agree that world pvp is awesome, just not sure how many people interested in guild are big pvp nuts, especially if it's a big turn off for some of the other members.

We'll see, it will be much easier to decide near launch.

Well, let's hope they will implement WAR's core server ruleset, where there is still open-world PvP, it's just sectioned off to various areas in each zone. So those who want to world-PvP can venture in those areas, and those who want to quest in peace can also. And when you throw in those little indicators on your map to show people where the "hot spots" are currently happening (so you can always find people to fight in the open-world), it's a perfect system imo. Some of my most favorite world PvP memories are from WAR, and I didn't play on a PvP server, I played on a core server.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Gamewiz wrote:

Well, let's hope they will implement WAR's core server ruleset, where there is still open-world PvP, it's just sectioned off to various areas in each zone. So those who want to world-PvP can venture in those areas, and those who want to quest in peace can also. And when you throw in those little indicators on your map to show people where the "hot spots" are currently happening (so you can always find people to fight in the open-world), it's a perfect system imo. Some of my most favorite world PvP memories are from WAR, and I didn't play on a PvP server, I played on a core server.

Yea what I was getting at, large areas of risk and PVP for those that want it, while being able to avoid those areas if you aren't big into pvp. I do hope they go with something more like this, because I'd rather not see too many different server types.

Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:27 pm

Gamewiz wrote:

Mythic is taking care of the PvP for TOR, somehow I'm not really scared of getting Open PvP imposed on me when I don't want it, I'm also not really scared of what kind of Open PvP we will get.

I'm more scared of all the QQ on the forum when some people will realize they can't go gank the newbies...
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:18 pm

azarhal wrote:

I'm more scared of all the QQ on the forum when some people will realize they can't go gank the newbies...

Although it was always fun to gank up on some higher lvl player with like 20 lowbies... It was like PvP raiding, lol. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server priority
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next