The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Behind the Player

Go down 
+20
Dresgar
Arzon
Quince
Redriot
Velaxi
Coldhart
Grome
azarhal
UK
Stryklone
Crimson Black
Selven
Schwendo
Horeon
Variable
MorgonKara
Kai-Sun
Ty-Odi
archifikos
Darka
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ElderJames

ElderJames

Location : If there's a bright center to the universe, I'm in the place that it's farthest from

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Jandor Tarvin
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: To Be Decided

Behind the Player - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:03 am

Name:
James

lordofthemark@gmail.com

Sacramento, California. Come the end of July 2011 ~ Somewhere in the UK.

Characters:
Jandor Tarvin Jedi Knight (Guardian). Eventually at least one of each class on either side for the full experience.

Interests:
I dabble in video editing, music mixing and occasionally put up a "Let's Play' video on Youtube. I am also a writer when I can find the time to sit down and put a few words together.

Music:
I enjoy most music with a few small exceptions. If I had to name some favorites: Mike Oldfield, Beethoven, Mozart, Phillip Glass, Jeremy Soule and The Divine Comedy.

Movies:
Top 5 in no particular order. The Star Wars Original Trilogy (count that as one), It's A Wonderful Life, Evil Dead 2, The Truman Show, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure/Bogus Journey.

Television:
Band of Brothers, Doctor Who (Jon Pertwee/Tom Baker/Peter Davison eras were the best. This new fangled stuff... I'll watch it if there's nowt else on), Peep Show, Q.I.

Books:
Terry Pratchett, Stephen King, H.P. Lovecraft

Games:
I've played a lot of games since I first sat down in front of a television and plugged in an Atari 2600 when I was a kid. I tend to prefer RPG computer games, but also enjoy a decent FPS, such as the CoD and MoH series. Even though I've played Computer Games in one form or another since the very early 80's, I only recently got involved with MMORPG's. And the only reason I got into them at all was because of Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X. Final Fantasy XI came out as an MMORPG and I was excited to play it being a huge fan of three of the four previous games in the series. It was fun to play alongside other people. From there I progressed to Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, Matrix Online, Lord of the Rings Online... if it's come out in the past 8 years I've probably played it. My absolute favorites were Star Wars Galaxies (before the NGE which caused a lot of my friends to leave) and Lord of the Rings Online which I still play now and then when I have the time. Alongside this I have also played table top RPGs of various sorts starting with the old red box set of Dungeons and Dragons back when I was twelve up until today where I am currently test playing an in development RPG via Skype and MapTool online.

About You/Bio:
Hmm... I was born at an early age in a hospital in order to be near my mother.

Seriously: I am the eldest of six children (though due to events in the past few years involving one of my brothers the rest of my family has decided that there were only five children), I am happily married, and have a year old daughter. I was born in the UK, I grew up in Australia, I spent the summer between my second and final years of college in Africa, and I currently live in the United States.

If I had to state my profession it would be 'Full Time Father'.

There are no pictures since I react to cameras in a manner not dissimilar to the traditional (i.e. non-sparkling) vampire's reaction to sunlight. There may be baby pictures however, depending on whether or not I can figure out hot to put them up. Everyone loves baby pictures after all, and it would be infinitely preferable to my own hideous mug.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Name:
Aron

schmid.aron@gmail.com

Characters:
Godric Barbarossa- Sage, Bragi Jian- Scoundrel, and eventually one of everything, maybe two

Interests:
Cave Exploration, Tai Chi, Backpacking, Hiking, Camping, Rock Climbing, Kayaking, Canoeing, Cooking, Reading, Wine and Mead Making, and discussing Philosophy, Religion, and Politics.

Music:
All types but mainly blues, funk, olds school soul, rhythm and blues, and classical

Movies:
Jet Li's Hero (though I like the Dustin Hoffman one as well), Big Fish, Holy Mountain (Jodorowky), American Beauty, Dr. Horrible Sing-Along Blog (though I don't know if that counts as a movie

Television:
I own one but have neither cable nor an HD converter box so I mainly use it to watch movies and as a computer screen.

Books:
Player Piano (Vonnegut), Chaung-Tzu, Misquoting Jesus (Ehrman), God's Problem (Ehrman), The Stranger (Camus), The God of Small Things (Roy), Catch-22 (Heller)

Games:
I had an Atari 2600 as a child. I got into the 1980 Dungeons and Dragons Red Box in the mid 80's and have played numerous pen and paper games. Favorite video games include Cosmic Balance, Wizardry, Ancient War at Sea, Myth, KoTOR, Jade Empire, and Masters of Orion II. I haven't played any of the recent Bioware titles (Mass Effect or Dragon Age (the new DA:2 does not like my low end laptop)). As far as MMO's, I started playing WoW in late 2005 and played it for about a year and a half. I have also played DDO, and LoTRO. I am very much looking forward to TOR and GW2.

About You/Bio:
I am the youngest of four brothers raised in northwest New Jersey (in the country not the giant NYC-Philly suburb). I came to Pittsburgh to earn a Bachekor's Degree in Anthropology and History, and European Studies (another history buff Schwendo) from Carnegie Mellon University. I had worked as an Archaeologist (yeah for Archaeology being skill in TOR- oh wait, they haven't announced that yet) for over a decade before going to the University of Pittsburgh to earn a Master's Degree in Geographic Information Systems. I am currently looking for employment.

I am married (she will likely be playing TOR as well) with no children-yet. Oh and as I'm sure as many of you who have read my posts know I tend to write in long, Kafka-esque sentences.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Awesome Ald', Elder, Godric! (history rawks, by the way)

See Grome? My lil' "mistake" hath panethed....um...out-eth. Wink
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:58 pm

*puts on DeNiro voice*

You talking to me ... ?!
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Hell yeah I am! (Taxi Driver is a weird flick)

Oh, and welcome to the rarified air of the "1000 post club" Grome! Smile
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 4:54 pm

Crazy post count...

Behind the Player - Page 3 645704
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Behind the Player
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3