The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer

Go down 
+4
Variable
azarhal
Ty-Odi
Kai-Sun
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  Empty
PostSubject: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Does look interesting, I have to say Smile

I really hope you can choose who you fight, I mean come on, how cool would it be if it was 8 Imperial players from here versus 8 republic guys from here?

We could PVP against each other and have such a laugh doing it Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Some nice info, hidden through the 2 week old stuff.

and Yoda statue!

Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:34 am

Anyone notice at around 2 minutes or so he mentions multiple level 50 pvp sets? I'm not sure if the level cap has been confirmed or not, but this has the distinct mewing sound of a cat out of its bag if it hasn't been confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:42 am

Yeah I think 50 could be a decent starting cap.
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:44 am

Well, we've seen many abilities labeled in the 40-48 range, but NEVER anything above, so some people have been speculating that 50 has been the cap for a little bit.

This however, as you put it variable, is probably the closest we've gotten to an actual confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:55 am

To me level 50 is pretty much confirmed as the initial level cap. They might not have said explicitly "level 50 is max at the beginning" because of course, things can still go another way if they get some unexpected results during testing, but they have said level 50 so many times associated with "endgame" and other things (like with the chapters a hint to this as well).

Ty-Odi wrote:
Does look interesting, I have to say Smile

I really hope you can choose who you fight, I mean come on, how cool would it be if it was 8 Imperial players from here versus 8 republic guys from here?

We could PVP against each other and have such a laugh doing it Smile
Damn, that would be outright awesome!
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:15 am

Grome wrote:
To me level 50 is pretty much confirmed as the initial level cap. They might not have said explicitly "level 50 is max at the beginning" because of course, things can still go another way if they get some unexpected results during testing, but they have said level 50 so many times associated with "endgame" and other things (like with the chapters a hint to this as well).

Ah, see, I hadn't ever actually heard any dev mention level 50 specifically (although I admittedly haven't exausted all TOR news sources). I think most people assume the cap will be 50, as that tends to be a common starting cap in most MMOs, but it piqued my interest when I actually heard him mouth "level 50." Appologies if I jumped on something already fairly well confirmed Smile
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:34 am

Daniel Erickson mention a level cap of 50 in a recent interview (one the Machinima crafting interviews). Although the interview said it first, so he might have "slipped".
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:09 am

Variable wrote:

Ah, see, I hadn't ever actually heard any dev mention level 50 specifically (although I admittedly haven't exausted all TOR news sources). I think most people assume the cap will be 50, as that tends to be a common starting cap in most MMOs, but it piqued my interest when I actually heard him mouth "level 50." Appologies if I jumped on something already fairly well confirmed Smile

Well, it's never been directly confirmed, it was just part of a bunch of speculation due to not ever seeing skills or characters ever above 50. Plenty of pretty amazing skills in the 45-48 range, but nothing ever more then that from the leaks.

Didn't mean to imply that it was common knowledge, just trying to help give a bit o context and example!

azarhal wrote:
Daniel Erickson mention a level cap of 50 in a recent interview (one the Machinima crafting interviews). Although the interview said it first, so he might have "slipped".

Probably because he was trying to craft weapons, while crafting armor.

Seriously though, Dan is the man.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:36 am

Kai-Sun wrote:
Probably because he was trying to craft weapons, while crafting armor.

Seriously though, Dan is the man.
LMAO

He sure is! Smile
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:40 am

Ty-Odi wrote:

We could PVP against each other and have such a laugh doing it

Imagine if they have 8 or 10 person pvp (hopefuly even more...40 Vs. 40 would be nice, especially if they want to keep it epic like they say). We could all split into 2 vent servers, one for republic and one for imperial. Or even one vent server (2 different channels) for 8 Vs. 8 or 10 Vs. 10. But yeah, that would definitely be a blast being able to organize each side and just have fun. But I say we get to pick teams cuz I'm no pro at PvP so I need someone good to help balance my side out LMAO!

Just like high school gym class and playing dodge ball...I can see it now...

Schwen - "Uhgh, I don't want Cold. He sux!"

If nothing else, we'll have fun making the premades for each side, even if we don't get to fight each other. Win or loose, premades are always so much more fun because you can usually get everyone in vent and come up with some kind of strat for offense or defense.

Cold - "Schwen, you, Tee and Lak watch my back while I click on this terminal and watch the cannon blow the bejesus outa their ship!" "The rest of you play some offense to cause a distraction" /ques MC Hammer "Can't touch this" WoW did I just say MC Hammer? Really??? Ok, sorry guys but the other side deserves to win for that one

Hopefuly they'll have some type of PvP battle ground that will be set up like wintergrasp in WoW. Everyone just zoned in when it became available. Then we could be fighting each other. Of course there would be other players as well, but still have fun with each other. I'd kinda feel sorry for that guy who came running up by himself tho, not knowing we were together in a premade. He would be toast. But hey it's PvP and just killing him isn't doing anything wrong mwahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
MorgonKara
Shot First
MorgonKara

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Sweet, thanks man I hadn't seen that one.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:37 pm

You are absolutely correct Cold, that would be a blast....and...WILL BE..muuuahahhahahahaa! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer    All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All about The Old Republic's PvP with TOR's Lead PvP Designer
Page 1 of 1