The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snow's Embrace

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Snow's Embrace Empty
PostSubject: Snow's Embrace   Snow's Embrace I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:47 am

Snow's Embrace
By Andrew (Kai-Sun)

As I lie dying on the blood soaked snow covered ground of the cemetery, I find my mind beginning to wander as it recedes into the darkness of oblivion. Memories of my childhood fill my head as my life starts to flash before my fading sight. I can see the forest of my youth stretching out far and wide in every direction, surrounding the humble village of my birth save where a single travel worn road dares to lay it’s path in betwixt the trees. My eyes did oft wander to the sunlit sky, seeking a glimpse above the rooftops for the cross that innocently betrays where our church did stand, and the graves of our forefathers just beyond. It was not an unhappy place to live, to grow up in with my sister and father, it seemed as if nothing would ever change, like it had fallen beneath the notice of time and history. Left alone as it was, this may have been true for longer than I would have ever known in a dozen lifetimes, but change was blanketed across it like a shadow.

Shadows that hungered. Shadows the lived, and yet did not.

I can still recall it well, when we became afraid of the night, afraid of the things that lurked amidst the darkness. The villagers whispered of demons, of creatures too horrifying to comprehend, of how they had seen the very night itself move and take form. What things the mind convinces itself of when it does not understand, things it cannot understand. Vigilance and farm tool alike were of no avail in the act of protection as neighbor after neighbor turned up missing night after night, only to be found returned to their very beds, never to awake again in this world. I cared not for the problems of others, as my family had as yet been untouched by this nightmare, but this would not last.

Winter had begun to clutch at the world; the night had been steadily growing longer as if mocking that the end of it all may never come to pass, snow covering the land. Andrea, my sister, vanished without as much as a stir from her room, with nary a thing undisturbed as if she had never entered it yet that night. My father was driven to the brink, it seemed his sanity tottered farther over the edge with every passing day. Just as the others, there she lie in her bed a few nights beyond that of the one of her disappearance. But quite the contrary to the others, naught a hair was harmed on her head nor any mark mar her skin.

If nothing did appear to be out of place on her placid surface, then her scars hide beneath the surface. Never did she wish to leave except dangerously near or after dusk, and often did I wander with her to the church and cemetery long after most would consider sane. I began to hear voices in the night air, voices that seemed to come from no direction and yet all at once, and it seemed they only spoke to me. The voice was like no other I’d ever heard, it was like ambrosia for my soul. Why I continued to go with Andrea was shrouded in mystery despite the fear I still harbored in my heart, I was drawn as if compelled by some unseen force.

Reason soon melted away, I no longer cared that the villagers thought us possessed by the evil that had descended upon them, I no longer cared that I spent my every night at the cemetery in the arms of a woman I didn’t know. The voice I was hearing, what seemed like a dream, coalesced into the form of a breathtaking woman with skin as pale and clean as the snow upon which she stood. Endless seemed her hair, the color of the blood in my veins, the color of her lips that called to me. Transfixed in her stare as I was, lost amidst the blue ocean of her eyes, I did not notice the rather…unkempt man far off to her left with Andrea. It didn’t matter, I saw nothing but the woman, wanted to see nothing but her. Closer, closer she seemed to drift, or was it that I moved nearer? I can’t remember. Her arms reached out and were around me, embracing me, and I lost control of my entire being. And then…those lips were at my neck, drawing the very life out of my body…and I’ve never felt such bliss. The world began to fall away as she laid me upon a stone slab, my body lying listlessly against it…

Death icy tendrils began to caress my still beating heart, and I feel myself beginning to slip away into the darkness surrounding it. The light in my eyes begins to fade, and I can no longer see my breath in the air…

I can see the snow falling, and I feel my mind returning. My senses come alive as never before as my unlife grabs a hold of me, my eyes seeing the world anew, my nose smelling what I never did, my ears can hear the faintest of movements. My throat thirsts like never before. She still cradles me in her arms, lowering me away from where blood now slide down the wound upon her slender neck. I can see the sun beginning it’s first peek above her shoulder, and I can feel her leading me deeper into the cemetery…
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Snow's Embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow's Embrace   Snow's Embrace I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Wow! Love this short story! Your writing style is absolutely amazing!
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Snow's Embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow's Embrace   Snow's Embrace I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:27 pm

Gamewiz wrote:
Wow! Love this short story! Your writing style is absolutely amazing!

Thank you, I think this might be the best work I've done, though it still requires a great deal of editing (which I'm lazy at, and probably not the best either.) I have to give a lot of credit to Robert Jordan as well, cause I was deeply involved in reading the Wheel of Time series, and he's got a wonderful head for detail that I was trying my best at times to live up to. Ultimately, he goes far beyond what I've written here.

I was created as a backstory for a Vampire the Masquerade character, but it kind of stands on it's own. I'm very glad you enjoyed it, I had started another story of this character but never finished it, I might post the bits I have.

Think I wrote this after feeling inspired by watching Interview With The Vampire and Queen Of The Damned.

I've got one I have to find of my Werewolf character, I'll try posting that one when I can fetch it off my old hard drive it's sitting on.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Snow's Embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow's Embrace   Snow's Embrace I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:36 pm

This isn't even halfway near finished, not really read over after I typed it to see how it actually reads (well, cause if I do that I'll end up staying up to 6 am editing it and I don't wanna do that right now lol) So if it reads oddly at parts, or a bit dry of description in others, it's because I usually just pour my thoughts out and fix it all later. Oh, and a cookie to whoever figures out whats going on with just the small ammount I've written here (hint, no it's not a romance story -_-) T

Wiping the last of the night's meal from my chin, I leaned back and let my eyes soak in the wondrous creature occupying the seat across from me. Candles set dim light and shadows dancing across her scandalous scarlet dress, her sultry form only a prisoner to its fragile grasp by a faint shred of hope. She had hair that was darker than midnight itself; azure eyes so light to rival the clearest of skies, with smooth unblemished slightly pale skin. No words were offered to pierce the silence as I slowly took all of her in. Finally, I penetrated our little bubble of oblivion with, "Would you like for me to tell a story? Not often does the mood strike, and I'm feeling uncommonly verbose." Slowly rising from where I sat, I sauntered over and pulled another seat close to hers. She hadn't even shifted in her seat, only did her eyes move to transfix me. Putting my arm around her and reaching out to caress her hands, I started to whisper in her ear. "I do so love an attentive listener…"

The creak of wood could be heard off in the distance as a carriage made its way amongst the deep rutted forest path. It was still far off, only faint light made it seem like a wandering firefly off on the evening horizon. Night had consumed the forest, making traversing anything but the path all but impossible, and out right dangerous besides. All manner of beast stalked its prey, never being seen or heard until nothing could be done to the contrary. As I stumbled closer and closer, I could hear the horses and the slight muttering of men that accompanied the carriage, but I refrained from calling out, in fear of setting them on edge. Finally drawing close enough I made my presence known for sure, if they hadn't managed to know I was there merely by the sound of rustling leaves and snapping twigs. I all but fell out into the open, barely catching myself beside a tree, and stood standing before three mounted horsemen and said carriage. Some lord or lady by the looks of it; all gilded and worked over as it was. "Hold man, take not another step", bellowed the gruff man in plain leather sitting atop the horse closest to me. A retainer most likely, the stripes of color on his matched those of the carriage. Standing somewhat slouched, cloths somewhat torn and bloody here and there, I pleaded, "Help… I need…help. We were beset by wolves my good lord," I did my best to affect some semblance of respect with a minor bow, "my wife lies dying, and my brother cannot be found. I wounded one of them to chase them off, but I fear their return! Help us!" I shambled over and dropped to my knees next to the gruff man's horse. Peering from within the confines of the carriage, I spied two sets of eyes watching intently. Cut short from offering a reply, the gruff man was summoned to the window of the carriage. Whispers were exchanged, and with a scowl that would have made stone jealous, the man boomed, "The Countess and her daughter demand we offer aid and sanctuary. You are to ride with Milady as her guest." The last more sneered than said, obvious to the fact he was quite dissatisfied with my upgrade of accommodations. I made my way slowly and cautiously to the step by the carriage door, staying a bit clear of the Countess's disgruntled retainer. Opening the door to an onslaught of perfume and candlelight that threatened to overwhelm my every sense twice over, I apprehensively clambered up into the inviting cabin. Thin silk cascaded from every corner and of the ceiling, making a sort of gossamer forest, twas a wonder it did not catch ablaze, and amidst this forest were two stunningly graceful and lovely women.

This was part of what was to come next, but I have not finished it. Just a bit more of the same, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Snow's Embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow's Embrace   Snow's Embrace I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Again... terrific writing even when it's not edited yet. Your natural style is great. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Snow's Embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow's Embrace   Snow's Embrace I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Gamewiz wrote:
Again... terrific writing even when it's not edited yet. Your natural style is great. Smile

Thank you, you as well have an amazing artistic talent, I really enjoyed your art postings!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snow's Embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow's Embrace   Snow's Embrace I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snow's Embrace
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Hello & Welcome :) :: The Sandbox - Fan Art, Stories and Pixels-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com