The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "One Person PM" Challenge

Go down 
+5
azarhal
Grome
Selven
Ty-Odi
Darka
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

The "One Person PM" Challenge  Empty
PostSubject: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:33 am

Community is about people, and many of us feel the personal element in gaming has been kicked to the curb long ago
So i have a little project for everyone
Its just a bit of Challenge more then anything

We want to spread the word of what we want to do, to reach more like minded people and raise awareness
So tell someone

We have a thread, we have a forum, but what is underrated? Word of Mouth

I ask everyone here to tell one person.
But here is the catch
You must do it via PM, you must make it personal, and they cant be in your guild or a member here already
You should choose them because you feel they would like what we are doing, and they would want to be apart of it.

So go out, have a look through your friends lists, see who stands out, and tell them you have something you think they will like

A little effort goes a long way Smile
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:49 am

Thanks for this idea Darka! Smile

It would be awesome if everyone could do this! Smile

If I could go one step further, and thats to the guild leader/reps out there, if you know another guild, or have seen any on the guild forum, (Not one I visit much being unguilded I am afraid, so perhaps this is a great place for you guys to help out in this regard?) Speak to those guilds who you think might take an interest?

Anyways, any help, or assistance you can offer in bringing others to the cause it will not only benefit the community but yourselves as well, as Darka has said many times, a little effort is required from us all if this idea is to succeed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 3:11 pm

Good idea, Darka. I'm on it Smile
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 4:17 pm

Selven wrote:
Good idea, Darka. I'm on it Smile

Just to show I am very much on board with this, hehe, I have sent out over 150 PMs to people since this started lol, as many of you will likely know as it is how a number of you found your way over here Smile

It does not take too long, and in doing so it really helps us build the community, I think its a great idea, and I am still in convo's now with people, in fact most days now I have about 7 or 8 PMs from people asking about this idea, and offering support and so on, its been a great experience for me Smile

You are all Ambasadors for 'The RiG'

You are all an equal part of 'The RiG'

This is your community.

I am sure you are all familiar with the law of 3? One person tells 3 people, they tell 3 people, and so on. Before you know it, those quick and easy 3 messages have led in many ways to a large number of people finding their way to the boards thanks to you! Smile

If any of the people you message have any questions, and you are unsure how to answer, please feel free to get them to either come on the boards to ask the question, or to send me a PM or something, and I will do everything I can to help! Smile
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Will do this! Great way to expand our community!

World domination is but a step away.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:46 pm

Grome wrote:
World domination of cookies production and sofa hording is but a step away.

Corrected.

I will see if I can send a PM to somebody somewhere...*look around*.

Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:24 pm

You got it Dark'!

I'll go out and spread the RiG word!! Muuauuahhahahahaahaa!
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:06 am

It doesnt take much effort Smile
Back to top Go down
Mannic

Mannic

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:14 pm

Darka wrote:
It doesnt take much effort Smile

It took me 3 minutes to find someone to send a PM to. 3 minutes! The "One Person PM" Challenge  645704

I need a brownie now.
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:20 am

I thought this needed to be bumped again. It's a cool idea.
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:59 am

Well, I'm kinda taking it a step further. I'm in the process of talking with Ten Ton Hammer atm about doing a feature article on R.I.G. I've also posted on their SWTOR recruitment forums...you can check it out
here

I'll be hitting up more sites as I have time. Gonna let mah R.I.G. hang out...of course I mean get it out there and known, jeezzz
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Awesome Coldhart!! Smile

I like the initiative sir!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Coldhart wrote:
Well, I'm kinda taking it a step further. I'm in the process of talking with Ten Ton Hammer atm about doing a feature article on R.I.G. I've also posted on their SWTOR recruitment forums...you can check it out
here

I'll be hitting up more sites as I have time. Gonna let mah R.I.G. hang out...of course I mean get it out there and known, jeezzz

Good deal!
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:36 pm

Got us on the SWTOR Wiki site. You can check it out here

Listed in the "International Guild Directory".

More to come later.
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Ok...Also in touch with Massively and Darth Hater. We'll see if anything comes from any of this.

Not too sure about Darth Hater, but Massively likes the whole concept of the respect based community and they have tons of writers.

I'm sure if we can get just one or two more featured articles, we could get a lot more sites lined up as well...everyone will want to jump on the bandwagon.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:38 pm

Awesome mate!! Smile

And thank you so much for putting our name out there! Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:21 am

Thats the Cold man!! woohoo!! /hi5 Coldhart
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:12 am

I had emailed Massivily too, because i know they check fan forums like this, but they had already covered a community article or something along those line s
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:42 pm

Well one thing Massively is always preaching is people coming together to make a strong community which is exactly what we're doing here. We'll see. I got an e-mail back from them and Ten Ton Hammer both saying that they're reviewing my e-mail and the info provided and may be in touch for further Q&A. I know still doesn't mean that they'll do anything with it, but maybe something will come out of it.
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:32 am

From: Karen Hertzberg (Premium Program Manager) @ Ten Ton Hammer...

We would love to do an early 2011 community spotlight on the R.I.G. community and what they stand for. Please send me any and all information you would like i.e. name, e-mail addresses, info and links. We will be in touch with you again for this 2011 feature spotlight

One down...and a bazillion more to go mwahahaha

How many people will this dang server hold at once anyway?

Last edited by Coldhart on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:41 am

Appreciate what you're doing there, Cold! Great initiative!

Been trying to get RiG a little more out there myself as well :-)
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:39 pm

The "One Person PM" Challenge  368635

Coldhart wrote:
How many people will this dang server hold at once anyway?

About 30k players, but I have no idea if that is concurrent or not.

I'm not that much into "marketing", so I'll let you and Grome do the promoting.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 8:21 am

Coldhart wrote:
here

Nice one!

/hands out a cookie ..jar
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:04 pm

Coldhart wrote:
One down...and a bazillion more to go mwahahaha

A winner is you! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "One Person PM" Challenge    The "One Person PM" Challenge  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "One Person PM" Challenge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: The OSC - Events and Suggestions-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com