The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Bounty Hunter
Guild: Beskar

Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:13 am

While not a "RiG guild", per se, Beskar runs on a similar philosophy and it's not beyond the realm of possibility that it will end up on the "RiG server" in the live game. Or, at the very least, our semi-serious Republic guild (the place our members will play their Republic alts), might end up there. It will be on a separate server to Beskar, so there's no collusion between the two.

Anyway, if anyone's interested in us, understanding we aren't RiG, but we're RiG-ish, and might end up playing alongside RiG guilds, and also I saw a request for more guilds like this in general... do free free to have a look...

Last edited by blur on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:22 am

Either way Blur, a big welcome to Beskar! I hope to see you IG-TOR!
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 am

Welcome blur and Beskar!

Hopefully you will end up on the server this community is choosing. And why not? :-) For now there is nothing decided anyway and if you have an opinion as to where we should end up, please share!
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:32 am

It's a possibility. The "why not?" you ask relates, in a very big way, to the fact that Beskar members will determine where we go. And I would be a deeply selfish individual to tell them, today for example, "Guys, everything I have said for over two years has been a lie... we will simply go on the server RiG chooses." There's no way I can do that -- or would want to do that. I'm actually quite surprised at how many guilds want to make this agreement already. I must assume guild votes have been taken or the guilds in question just don't care where they go? Even on the matter of PvP and PvE servers... what if RiG takes one style and some of its guilds wanted another style? Maybe you'll have people refuse to join your server when "push comes to shove" and the live game looms large? I'm just being upfront and honest -- which is my hallmark -- that I cannot commit Beskar to "the RiG server" at this time.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:40 am

Its ok Blur. I have discussed this(RiG/RiG's potential) over with our guild. We have 10 in here active now, with more coming as the game draws near. We parallel RiG in our convictions across the board. Thats why we are so supportive. Plus, in the last month, we have met a ton of like-minded individuals in RiG. I can't wait to play TOR with them all (great RiG, don't get cocky!) hehe.

You are welcome to do as much, or, as little in RiG as you/your guild would like. You are welcome Smile.

Hope you are doing well health-wise also. I remember our conversation on the SWTOR forums...
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:51 am

That's good to hear. As you have 10 members it makes the decision making easier, too. I already have five times that number, spread across interests in PvP, PvE and RP (and of course, all to varying degrees), which totally and uttelry makes it a decision that I can't just snap my fingers relating to one server type and everyone will say, "Hell, yes!" about.

In terms of my health, thanks for remembering. I am taking medication now, and for the next six months which has, essentially, saved my life and will get me back on the right track, so it hasn't been easy, but I'm OK.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:56 am

Thats great news, blur. Hang in there.

I just meant we have 10 "RiG-active" guild members in here. We have 40-70 going into TOR. I am in contact with most of them through various mediums (including our own "Crazies forum". Just hope you all have fun IG-TOR eithe way...(off to work Sad )
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:00 am

Ahhh, so how will that work in practice? Will the other 50-60 people have to follow the wishes of the "RiG 10" or will you end up splitting across two servers or will those 50-60 outvote the "RiG 10" and you won't join RiG? See, to me, these are very real questions that many guild leaders might have to face when it comes to joining a community like this...
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:16 am

Oh well, posted a whole bunch of text in the other thread Smile

Your health must have been in serious trouble if you talk about having saved your life. Well, it's good it's going better then!
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:25 am

Yes, blood clots and thrombosis aren't things to mess with.

If one goes into your lung, for example, you're gone.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:30 am

Things can happen very fast sometimes and we're all closer to death than we'd imagine. I have experienced it not myself but people around me have.

As long as it's going better though!

Not trying to depress anyone ;-)
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:27 am

Sry Blur, work calleth...

I have the Crazies guild with our other leaders on a similar "sheet of music". We're not heavy RP or PvP...Those are the big "deal breakers" when it comes to server decisions. PvE/Raid will be in all servers. Thats more us....PvE....Heavy Heavy community...Thus our interest in joining a great community server...(this is pretty much the consensus of our guild...we are having a vote on our own guild forums, also)
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Indeed. Blood clots are no joke. I hope you're feeling better, blur. My mother had similar health problems, but she's managed to make lifestyle changes (and come off blood-thinners as a result) and everything has been looking good so far. So -- all the best to you over the holidays.

-

Guild concerns is one thing I can understand. I'm very much into PvE/raid stuff, but my guildies will also want PvP ... a few might RP if they had the chance, too. However, as a guild who already has strong alliances, it's difficult for anyone to commit to anything without the two or three (four?) other guilds signing up as well. I've been doing my best to talk the RiG up and I know they're all keeping an eye on the place as launch approaches.

I like what you've done by 'announcing' Beskar to the RiG forums, though. Even if you're not (and can't) really 'commit' to the RiG server thing until some time in the future, it's good to have you as a presence/similar-minded group.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:47 pm

If anything, if this forum were to somehow turn out to be a listing of guilds across many many servers that have the notion of mutual respect in mind, it would still be a very meaningful place.

In fact I think it can be just that along with everything else... That's why I would not like people to shy away because they have doubts about their guild goals being synonymous with RiG goals. The goal of RiG is just to bring us all together in one place (which will be this forum for all times - how it turns out ingame we will see).
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:19 pm

SandsS wrote:
I like what you've done by 'announcing' Beskar to the RiG forums, though. Even if you're not (and can't) really 'commit' to the RiG server thing until some time in the future, it's good to have you as a presence/similar-minded group.

Yeah, thanks. It seemed like the right thing to do, even though I'm aware if won't make this the most popular of guild posts if I'm flat out saying there's a chance we won't even play with RiG people in the future. I daresay any unguilded people here would take a look and say, "Well, I'm not joining them!" LOL.

But that's cool. As I've said elsewhere, there's still no ironclad guarantee that all "RiG guilds" will jump the the RiG server (or servers), when the game starts, anyway. As well intentioned as some leaders, or members, might be... if something happens in the development of the game and/or what the servers mean to guilds... there's certainly major potential for some guilds which currently say they're "RiG", to not be "RiG" in the game.

I'd much rather say we're RiG-friendly, and have similar goals, than commit to RiG 110% at this time.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:33 pm

I think it's very fair of you to mention it. It is very hard if not almost impossible to commit oneself to say "we're for sure going to be on the server where most of these people are going to play".

That's why I think anyone going into these forums, maybe looking to join a guild, should be cleared up about that.
Joining a guild that presents itself here does not right away mean that you will be playing with all of the people you meet on the forums. First and foremost it means you will be a member of a guild that agrees with the principles of the RiG-community. And that is in the end what it means to sign up to RiG and be part of this community. :-)
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:58 pm

I wasn't going to go quite that far, as undoubtedly some guild leader would tell me that his/her guild was absolutely committed to RiG and I had no place suggesting that guilds might not end up with RiG in the future... but... what you say is totally correct.

Unless a guild is so over-the-top passionate about RiG, and has guildwide support for the idea right now as we speak, I don't think many guilds can actually commit themselves 110% at this time. Not until Bioware releases more information, and their members have their say, of course. Even in a benevolent dictatorship like Beskar, members have their say about stuff like this.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:17 pm

The Crazies of Korriban are "Over-The-Top Passionate" about RiG Smile.

*hugs Selvan, her profanity filter, and Ty'Odi*
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:26 pm

Schwendo wrote:
The Crazies of Korriban are "Over-The-Top Passionate" about RiG Smile.

*hugs Selvan, her profanity filter, and Ty'Odi*

Never mind Schwen ... they have "crazy" in their guild titles. I love you
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:35 pm

farao < Schw-Im-Ho-Tep!
Back to top Go down
blur

blur

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:26 am

Ha, very funny Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:19 am

Blur, life is just that....life....you gotta "live" it...

I guarantee that us Crazies, we LIVE playing games together Smile

*leghumps Coldhart*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008   Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beskar - Mandalorian PvP/RP/PvE - Est. 2008
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Hello & Welcome :) :: Guild Zone - A chance for you to introduce your guild-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com