The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SW:tOR professions?

Go down 
+4
Horeon
Godric_Barbarosa
archifikos
Zepour
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild:

SW:tOR professions? Empty
PostSubject: SW:tOR professions?   SW:tOR professions? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:57 am

Deleted.

Last edited by Zepour on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
archifikos

archifikos

PostSubject: Re: SW:tOR professions?   SW:tOR professions? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:45 am

Nice report, very interesting. The game seems to be getting along very nicely... I feel a bit "dirty" reading these leak reports... But I need my fix of info damn it! Embarassed

Underworld trader confirms my suspicion of smuggling being a crew skill as well (see DE's "trading in illicit goods" remark in a crew skills interview), logically smugglers should get a nice bonus to this skill.

Oh, and SW:tOR professions? 45250 JUST BECAUSE I CAN! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: SW:tOR professions?   SW:tOR professions? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:02 pm

nteresting to note on the SWTOR crewskills page there are 4 gathering, 6 crafting, and 4 Mission skills. With the above info here's what the breakdown looks like

Gathering
Bioanalyst
Scavenger
Slicer
Archaeologist

Crafting
BioChem
Armstech
Artificer
Armormech
Cybertech
Synthweaver

Mission
Treasure Hunter
Diplomacy
Underworld Trader
Researcher

It will be interesting to see how the gathering and crafting skills pair up. I think (and hope) that each gathering skill will supply multiple crafting skills and each crafting skill will need supplies from multiple gathering skills.

EDIT: With treasure hunting and underworld trader it looks more and more like my consular might "pull a Bindo."
EDIT2: First and last names! WOOT! looks like my Sage will be Learned Hand and my Guardian will be Godric Barbarossa
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

PostSubject: Re: SW:tOR professions?   SW:tOR professions? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Which part of gathering is for the synthweaving? Coal mining?
Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xavier Dragen
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Zero³

PostSubject: Re: SW:tOR professions?   SW:tOR professions? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm going Smuggler/Scoundrel with an emphasis on healing, so I'm probably going to go:

Gathering: Bioanalyst
Crafting: BioChem
Mission: (need more info). Be careful about posting any leaked info on these forums. If it's against the NDA Ty-Odi and the other admins may not want it posted.
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: SW:tOR professions?   SW:tOR professions? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Xavier wrote:
Be careful about posting any leaked info on these forums. If it's against the NDA Ty-Odi and the other admins may not want it posted.
Fair enough. I deleted my post. If administrators are against this sort of info, I suggest to add that to the Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums thread to avoid these sort of misunderstanding:

4.) Disclosure of information that breach the NDA
(etc.)
Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xavier Dragen
Guild: Zero³

PostSubject: Re: SW:tOR professions?   SW:tOR professions? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Zepour wrote:
Xavier wrote:
Be careful about posting any leaked info on these forums. If it's against the NDA Ty-Odi and the other admins may not want it posted.
Fair enough. I deleted my post. If administrators are against this sort of info, I suggest to add that to the Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums thread to avoid these sort of misunderstanding:

4.) Disclosure of information that breach the NDA
(etc.)
Sorry mate, I know you were just trying to share info and I wasn't trying to speak for the admins. I honestly don't know how they feel about it. What I was trying to say was, give'em a heads up before you post via PM, that way they can weigh in on it. That's all I meant. I'm sorry I wasn't clearer.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: SW:tOR professions?   SW:tOR professions? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 6:44 pm

Just read it on some other website.
I wish I had a chance to test it too. :\ And I'm glad that now we know the names of all the professions. ^^
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: SW:tOR professions?   SW:tOR professions? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:16 pm

Xavier wrote:
Sorry mate, I know you were just trying to share info and I wasn't trying to speak for the admins. I honestly don't know how they feel about it. What I was trying to say was, give'em a heads up before you post via PM, that way they can weigh in on it. That's all I meant. I'm sorry I wasn't clearer.
No no, you were quite right, and thanks for pointing it out. I just wanted to say that I had thought about the NDA, but then decided to post the info anyway. If I knew about the exact stance on the matter, I wouldn't have posted it at all. Hence my commentary about adding the exact info to the forum guidelines. It would have helped me to decide for sure. (Or maybe I should have used my brain. *grins*) I'm not a native speaker, so my message came across wrong.

The last thing I want to do is diminish the good reputation this site has. Therefore, my apologies to the R.I.G. community.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: SW:tOR professions?   SW:tOR professions? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Come on, it's no big deal! :-)
Thanks for wanting to share the info with us.

Although maybe it is better if we keep it away from the forums, eh?
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: SW:tOR professions?   SW:tOR professions? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:42 pm

Like expected, the bigger the group of players, the more info get leaked...

Although, I prefer reading people "feeling" about the game more then "what might be in it"...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SW:tOR professions?   SW:tOR professions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SW:tOR professions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: General Discussion - Talk about anything SW:TOR-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com