The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...

Go down 
+42
Arzon
Hereafter
Orkayl
Rafel Xavian
Matte_Black
ElderJames
Aohh
Garbon
Selven
Lednik
Pyara_Raga
Darka
TheJW
Ivyrane
Launa Starfall
Stryklone
archifikos
HDubNZ
vlak
JotOrSeth
Mli
WesleyP.
sleepntherain
Jester
Rayviin
Aldemarran
Ty-Odi
JedinWaiting
Coldhart
Kai-Sun
SVTCarnage
Mongo
Zepour
azarhal
Godric_Barbarosa
Velaxi
Lanius
Horeon
Aylin
Dresgar
Grome
Schwendo
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Will do Garb' Smile
Back to top Go down
Aohh

Aohh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aohh Soleil Noir
Guild: N/A

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:30 am

I am currently undecided. :/
Dilemma.
I want to play with the RIG community so bad, but on the other hand, not being able to kill on sight and peacefully cohabiting with members of the opposite faction sounds repulsive to me, hence my preference to a PvP-RP server.
Cruel world.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:39 am

I hear ya Aohh...i'll add you to the "undecided" list Smile
Back to top Go down
ElderJames

ElderJames

Location : If there's a bright center to the universe, I'm in the place that it's farthest from

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Jandor Tarvin
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: To Be Decided

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:02 am

My own personal preference is for an RP server and for reasons similar to those listed by Godric_Barbarosa. However, I am willing to go wherever RiG goes with one exception. I will not play on any server that is primarily PvP. I enjoy PvP, but I'm not interested in constantly being flagged for it.
Back to top Go down
Matte_Black

Matte_Black

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:01 am

Put me down as the following to the RiG server with a PVE/RP preference. The only PvP I'll be seeking are pre-arranged fights with players I know and trust. I suspect that respect and more vibrant RP will be better nurtured on a PvE/RP server.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 6:53 pm

Gotcha M_B! Sry for the delay, work/snow/sick is a beyotch. (<--Selven profanity filter activated)
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Hey Schwen, just noticed your percentages are off...only adds up to 96% total.

So in all fairness, I think you should add 2% to #1 and 2% to #2 lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:52 am

I do the %'s on a weekly basis...but...I update the roster as it is posted...thus the slack in the %'s Wink

All better now C' Smile
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:53 pm

lol I know. I was just joking about adding the extra percentages to numbers 1 and 2
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:36 am

Its ok...I got it Wink

Its still updated though, hehe...We're at 50 now (well, 49) Keep them votes/preferences coming!! /hi5 RiG
Back to top Go down
Rafel Xavian

Rafel Xavian

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Rafel Xavian
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Sanctus Amicitia

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:14 pm

Since timezones are not taken into consideration yet then me and the rest of SA would follow RIG to any RP or PvP-RP server.
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Sanctus_Amicitia
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:32 am

You're all set RX Wink. I'll re-do the percentages tomorrow. (Mr'Mom'n it)
Back to top Go down
Orkayl

Orkayl

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Sanisar
Class: Bounty Hunter
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:44 am

To me it depends on the true difference between PvE and PvP servers. I enjoy PvP greatly when it is team oriented and goal oriented. If the only difference is open-world ganking then I could live with whatever server the RIG community decided to roll on.

My decision could also change depending on if I actually joined a guild prior to launch as I am not a member of an active guild that is going to migrate to TOR.

I suppose that makes me undecided.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Gotcha Orkayl...I'll add ya to the "undecided" list Wink.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:43 pm

We now have confirmed server types.

PVE

PVP

and RP

We can now make a decision, or at least start discussions on what the RiG server type will be.

I'm for anything really, as long as we stay together. I'd prefer PVE or RP, but I am not opposed 100% to a PVP server...however it's on the bottom of my list. Nothing set in stone, I want to talk with everyone and come to a consensus we can all agree and love Smile
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:52 pm

I am going where ever the majority of RiG is going, but I would argue for RP server for several reasons

1) it seems like there is at least a plurality here that is against a PvP server,
2) RP servers generally have a more mature community
3) It is doubtful that RP will be mandatory on an RP server hopefully allaying the fears of the non RP-ers among us
4) I fear we may lose a number of excellent guilds (Force Academy, Zero^3, Sanctus Amicitia, ect) if we don't go RP server
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:57 pm

I see the list has been updated and expanded. It makes good sense now and it will help us in our decision. Still, timezone is another matter we will have to turn to later.

Kai: so no PvP-RP or the likes, correct?

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
4) I fear we may lose a number of excellent guilds (Force Academy, Zero^3, Sanctus Amicitia, ect) if we don't go RP server
You pretty much can expect "losses" either way we choose (those within the "this is the only type of server I'd play" list will probably the ones we'll lose).
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Alright, a quick look at the list pretty much tells the story for me, at least in regards to what the main preferences are.

Most who are not open to join any server are either warming up to the idea of a PvE server or opposed to the idea of playing on a PvP server. The majority vote would probably clearly go for PvE this way.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:03 pm

http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/guilds
http://www.swtor.com/guilds

Yea, no RP-PVP or the like, only the 3 different rulesets.

It is my sincere hope we suffer no losses when selecting a ruleset, but I am not 100% sure it's possible to avoid none. I have a strong hope though, as everyone here seems to be quite level headed and willing to come to agreements, we'll find a server to all congregate on that we'll all be happy with.

PVP wouldn't offend me at all, specially if it's not forced. Some of my members don't care for it while some do, so it's easy to work that or a PVE server into the plans. PVP still on the bottom rung, but still willing to discuss it.

As for number 2, the server maturity will be good because WE will be there, in addition to those good souls who are already there Smile Any server we pick will become a great server for everyone, non member and RiG members alike.

My only worry is the auto placement, and that some of us may have to dodge it in order to all land on one server.

And yes, PVE seems to be the top pick at the moment. Need to get everyone's new input though based on this new information.

Edit* Also, check out that snazzy cape the Smuggler has, and that bitchin Guardian armor on the main page pic...damn that's sweet.
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aylin Reeves
Guild: ARES

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:21 pm

I share your worries Kai, even though we do not know the exact mechanics of bioware's phase 2 in the guild system where you can choose allies or adversaries, but it might well be that some RiG guilds will be loaded onto a different server. A smart move from Bioware to make sure their server populations are kind of pre-balanced, but it might make it harder for RiG to get everyone on the same one. Who will be willing to disband their guild and join one of the lucky guilds that made it to the RiG server? Ewww I don't like that scenario lol someone comfort me and say I'm reading it all wrong please?!?!?! Razz

Anyway my preferences haven't changed, and we will be going where the majority decides to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aresproject.de
Hereafter

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:39 pm

I tend to do PvE mostly, but I like the dynamism of a PvP server. I've never had particularly bad experiences playing PvP and I like the random battles that can happen. Or the tension when you come across someone around the same level as you and there's almost a stare down that happens.

My vote is a RP-PvP server (US West maybe?), but it's not a hill I'd die on. I realize RP-PvP hasn't been confirmed, but they'd be crazy not to have it, I think.

also: hello RIG forums! I'll introduce myself properly on the welcome forum, but when I joined, I got sidetracked making a userpic for myself... soon though
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:56 pm

I was wondering if there was a way to do a poll/list where we rank server types by preference where each server type (PvE, PvP, and RP) are ranked on a 1-3 scale.

1. Preference- This is where you'd prefer to go
2. Acceptable- Not your first choice but if the majority is going here you will too.
3. Not Acceptable- If RiG goes here you will not be rolling on a RiG server

Of course, RiG could/should have a presence on each of the server types, but I definitely think we should pick one "main" server that is acceptable to the most people.

Also we could add RP-PvP servers to our rankings since I feel that there will be enough of a community outcry and Bioware will eventually add them.

I think it's as important to know where people are willing and unwilling to go is as important as where they would prefer to go. Despite Schwendo's best efforts I'm not sure his list accurately portrays that.

Is this a worthwhile idea that should I break this off into it's own thread, do you think?

Oh and for the record I would rank them:
1. RP (simple because I don't think my wife would want to stay on a RP-PvP server once she got ganked)
2. RP-PvP
2. PvE
2. PvP

Obviously I'm willing to go where ever the majority is going.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:07 pm

It might be a good idea to write BioWare explanation of the server types:

Player-vs-Environment (PvE) servers can be considered representative of the standard play style and rule set. The focus on PvE servers is on experiencing the story and working with friends against the non-player enemies in the game world.

Player-vs-Player (PvP) servers have a slightly different rule set as PvE servers. On a PvP server, players may be attacked by other players from the opposing faction in more areas of the game world.

Role-Playing (RP) servers use the standard PvE rule set, but are identified as great places for players who enjoy acting out their characters in the game world to congregate and find other like-minded players.

From what I understand of these, the only difference between PvP and PvE/RP is that there is more zone that allow for PvP on PvP servers. That's it.

////my ranking
1. PvE or RP
2, PvP
Back to top Go down
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Reign is pretty much decided on PvP (with the high hopes Bioware wises up and creates an RP-PvP server). We just remade our internal poll on it and the overwhelming majority want to go PvP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:15 pm

I don't know about polls.

In the end, the people who post here currently are solely the core. Meaning, whatever polls, lists, etc tell us, it's probably not the big picture.

Not saying this is a bad thing, or a good thing - you could deffo find reasons for both point of views.

Before we decide we have to be clear how we want to decide? Will it be the "core vote" (majority of people on the forums win the decision) which might not reflect the wish of everyone somehow involved in this (especially talking about guild members whose guildmaster might be the only member on the forums).

Or will it be something entirely different, as in taking on more than one server right away for example. It will not be possible to cast a vote for "all of us".

Now my opinion:
I see two options, we either choose more than just one server - or we go for what the "core" wishes. We can't honestly try to accommodate everyone and big ideas and projects always start with a core of like-minded individuals who decide to go a specific way. Yes, this step has been made in creating this with the notion of respect but it applies as well to the details. With this approach WE have to lead the way and that's how this project will have its second bloom (or something less poetic).

Hope I made myself clear :O too tired to reread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...   RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)... - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RiG SERVER PLAYER LIST (WHICH LIST WILL YOU BE ON??)...
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next