The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has Interest Dropped?

Go down 
+10
Schwendo
Stryklone
Horeon
Godric_Barbarosa
azarhal
Kai-Sun
Variable
Zepour
Dresgar
Darka
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

Has Interest Dropped? Empty
PostSubject: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:37 am

Do you honestly feel interest in the project has kind of dropped?
With release closer to launch i have felt that since the change of the thread from general to community we have seen a massive drop in interest in people wanting to take part, it also feels that much of the interest from many posters has left too
Yes people are busy, yes life happens and most importantly regardless of what happens here to this site i know many of us will continue with the ideal and do our best to make sure that community is a great experience
As 2011 is here, what are your thoughts on the project, its direction and current situation, are we facing a struggle? and where to as we get closer to launch ?

Smile
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:19 am

Ive not lost interest, even tho I barely log into the forums I do lurk around and read the posts whenever I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:29 am

I think interest in the project is sill here, only intensity has somewhat decreased. Community spirit is alive. But we need the game to play to (significantly) move forward. *looks into crystal ball* Once Bioware publishes the release date, interest will soar again.

Ah, the waiting ... it's killing me. *installs RIFT*

Edit: changed first two sentences.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:38 am

Well, I don't believe interest has waned, but I do feel as though we are not growing as fast as we once were. I believe this is in large part due to the original thread being moved to the less traveled Community Creations section of the SWTOR forums.

I believe more visibility within the SWTOR forums would help the RiG community here as well as internal support from the other guilds here. Reign, for example, is in the process of drafting master/apprentice and trials systems that will have inductee members completing tasks set before them. Many of the sample tasks we've drafted include measures for promoting the RiG community.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:26 pm

Well, we all had to think it'd plateau eventually, at least before the game actually launched.

I think it's mostly the xmas months and the part of the forums the main thread is in, it doesn't get really much foot traffic.

For my part, I just got a new job and have had to fill in for people who've pulled the no call no show, so I've been picking up extra shifts and doing a few doubles, so I'm usually dog tired when I get back home.

Some people also aren't as big forum socialites, even should they sign up.

Maybe we should have little contests, no real prizes or anything, just something the community can do on their own time, but together. Get people involved that normally don't interact or not as much, and help continue to get consolidate our ideals here on RiG.

I'd suggest hide and go seek, but how hard is it really to find an Ithorian wearing the Best Hat Ever!?

Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:58 pm

I'm kind of waiting for the game to be release personally...not much to talk about until then.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:09 am

azarhal wrote:
I'm kind of waiting for the game to be release personally...not much to talk about until then.
Says the man with over 600 posts. lol!
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:52 am

I would like to maybe give some hope for those that might be losing it.

I'm a member of a community called the Unwashed Villagers. The UV has been around for a VERY long time, and we're a group of people who stood up for what was right and kind, we began as posters back on Interplay's forums for the original Fallout. We helped curb spam posts and the like, so much so that we got a mention in the credits of Fallout (wee!)

We continued as our own entity once we made our own forums during those days (and that's about when I came in,) and we even landed our own random encounter in Fallout 2 (as well as holodisk entries and some other easter egg mentions,) of some of our higher profile members fighting a spammer from back in the Fallout boards.

We've never numbered very many, and I think at our height we were as large as the RiG is currently is currently, with people coming and going over the years.

The Unwashed Villager is well over 13-15 years old now (start date is a lil fuzzy lol) and while it's FINALLY slowed down to a semi crawl (gets about as many posts if not a bit less then we do,) we're still around.

Fallout wasn't even an MMO, it's just a bunch of like minded individuals who enjoyed hanging out and conversing, and most of us have seen children grow and people get married/etc (even some unfortunate passings,) while we've been members. I've almost spent half of my life as a member, and it's something I always keep with me and am proud of.

We may start with TOR, but never doubt that we'll exist far past this game if we hold true. I see many of the beginnings that I witnessed while the UV was young.

There will be ups, and there will be downs. There will also be sideways! But we'll be here, because it's a worthy ideal. As the article that Ty-Odi has linked in another thread, we've already done what we've set out to. Now it's just to see how we can bring that into TOR, and many other games we play.
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:18 am

I would say that too many people are registered and too few are talking.

*eyes everyone suspiciously*

But, no, seriously, people need to realize community doesn't just happen by clicking the approve-button (or pressing "Like", yuck, facebook). You have to be in it, too, and work for it. And usually work just means to talk openly and alot, participating in general.
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:06 am

Exactly actions do speak louder then words, and while some may think bu typing /support the work will be done
When the game goes live every day we wil be trying to make TOR a great place,
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
Says the woman with over 600 posts. lol!

I'm not posting as much as I used too, which was about 20 posts a day.

Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:44 pm

No new info to speak of, so no need to speak.

It's a carryover from the days before cell phones. You only made a call when you had something to say.
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:09 am

Stryklone wrote:
It's a carryover from the days before cell phones. You only made a call when you had something to say.
Good days! I miss not having a cellphone.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:17 am

Cell Phones were a great tool til texting unraveled the social fabric of America....Nowdays texting while driving kills more than drunk drivers...oh the irony...how it mocks me...

I think we'll be fine in here. Like most said, we've covered a ton of bases. Only thing really important that remains is server timezone preferences (Soon!), and organizing/streamlining IG events with the RiG affiliated guilds both light and dark. Other than that, I think we are just like peas and c-arrots..
Back to top Go down
Vhayl Una

Vhayl Una

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:24 pm

I got all into it. Looked through the TOR website, even bought the Fatal Alliance book hardcover (good book by the way). Since then though the lack of material deflated me a bit. I'm still very excited about the game, and look forward to joining a guild but for now I'm working quite a bit and I never played Mass Effect 2 so I am going through ME1 and then I'll try 2 (hit the steam sale over the holidays...nice), that and I have other things going on at the moment. I know what I want my character write up to be for the most part, I just need to sit down and do it, and I have been thinking about how I have played MMOs in the past and what I really want from the game and from a guild. I find when I take my time and research I tend to be happier with the result.

Anywho I'm glad I found this community, I check in every day usually, so I'll be around Smile
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:53 pm

I think the thread being moved kinda hurt us in terms of numbers, but otherwise no, I don't think the ideal or people who already on here are loosing heart as such, I just think as others have said we have kind of hit a bit of a plateaux so to speak.

Don't get me wrong, anyone on here who merely added a link to the site onto the main boards sig would help, it would no longer matter where the main thread was kept as people would be reminded of it often. I have a link to the thread and the boards on mine as do many others I have seen which is great! Smile

I think once the game nears properly, and we truly know what is what, Open Beta will also be another good opportunity for us to get our name and ideas out there, and so on, we will grow. In all honesty, it may be better to start off small (if thats even right given the number of individuals and guilds we already have? lol) And then grow as the game grows as well, too many people in the beginning may even be counter productive in so much as it becomes harder to communicate with vast numbers, especially those with whom you do not speak too or hear from very often.

I see this group as pretty close knit already, and I am sure that as and when launch day finally lands upon us, we will find all manner of ways to get ourselves out there, and ways in which we can make this work Smile

I am already in mind overload looking into ideas lmao Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:37 am

The rumoured delay might make things interesting

Gaitius and I were talking about how guilds have got a bit bitchy of late,
Back to top Go down
Launa Starfall

Launa Starfall

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Launa Starfall
Guild: -

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:49 am

I think many off us are lurking under the surface, waiting.. We are not to active because we are saving energy and has entered "sleeping mode", but we are here, lurking..
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:38 am

Interest hasn't dropped here. Not posting as much but still love being a part of this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Interest Dropped?   Has Interest Dropped? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has Interest Dropped?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: The OSC - Events and Suggestions-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com