The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Possible delay #ohgodno

Go down 
+9
Schwendo
Launa Starfall
HDubNZ
Ivyrane
azarhal
Godric_Barbarosa
Calvillanous
Zepour
Dresgar
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild:

Possible delay #ohgodno Empty
PostSubject: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 pm

I will probably freeze myself like Cartman did in an attempt to avoid all the waiting time.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6286955.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:32 pm

That's unfortunate if it's true.

I guess I'll spend my summer with miss Asha Catari then, not with Darth Malgus. drunken
Back to top Go down
Calvillanous

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:40 pm

If you read the whole article you start to see some of the holes in the statement. It's basicaly all slanted negatively in ToR's direction.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:07 pm

I'm not surprised or particularly concerned. I have a feeling we will know by the Feb 1, investors call if this is true. I rather they take their time and get it right . However, if EA announces a release date in September and it's still not done I could see them pushing hard to get something out the door instead of delaying again, increasing the development costs with nothing coming back in.

Only two things could really hurt SWTOR in my opinion at this point. First is releasing an unfinished game. Second is releasing after Guild Wars 2 and that game being all that I hope it can be. None of the other games releasing this year, and there's a lot of them, strike me as a significant threat.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:54 pm

So an article written on a random website with inaccurate information* want me to believe that SWTOR will be delayed because they have a "source" inside of BioWare that told them so.

*STWOR have been in development since 2006, that make it 4 years, not 2. Also, EALouse said in his blog he didn't know anything about SWTOR and made up the number in his original post.

I think somebody is looking for page views.
Back to top Go down
Ivyrane

Ivyrane

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:03 pm

I'm not the most patient one (to put it extremely mildly Razz) but I will wait with any hibernation plans until it will be officially confirmed.

I hope though the article is just one of the silly rumors! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 1:04 am

There are a lot of people taking shots at this game quoting the infamous, "Sources close to" Meh, when it arrives, it arrives. I have plenty to do in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Launa Starfall

Launa Starfall

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Launa Starfall
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: -

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:43 am

I dont mind this at all, I do understand people can´t stand the wait, but for me, that would fit perfectly in my life , actually spot on. And the positive thing is that the game will be more polished, therefore might get better reviews, more subs, last longer, If they don´t push it back even further, and with the oppertunity to show it off at E3 this summer higly polished, may benefit the game actually.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:57 am

Launa! Missed ya in here!
Back to top Go down
Launa Starfall

Launa Starfall

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Launa Starfall
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: -

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:43 am

Hey Schwendo hows it going! Yeah haven´t been here mostly because of two reasons: work, work (at sea, and yes I am on a ship right now! Very Happy ), and I have kind of entered a robotic standby mode waiting for the game launch, scaning and waiting, scaning and waiting.. Nice to see you guys again, hope everything is good with you, can´t wait to play with you and RIG members!
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:09 am

Hell yeah! On ship eh'? Its been forever (1993) since I was on a ship (Belleau Wood LHA-3). Don't get seasick!

I hear ya, I think RiG will be exploding in the month before launch...take care...be safe!
Back to top Go down
archifikos

archifikos

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:24 pm

I would rather we didn't have a delay, but I won't really mind - better late than unfinished! And an ideal delay will be till September - summer will be over, I'll be down in the dumps but at least have TOR to look forward to!
Back to top Go down
Carver

Carver

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Carver Lelon
Guild: The Divine Vode

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:51 pm

I don't believe any of these "delay" stories until I hear it straight from the horses mouth from Bioware on the official forums. Every week someone on TOR forums finds another website with a different view on the release date and their reasons for thinking that and all it produces is a lot of ranting from certain members there.

Don't worry about it too much Dresgar, like Launa said, if it is delayed it will be so it can be released more polished so it will only be a good thing. I've been following TOR since the website appeared back in 2008 ( I am the 12,406th member Very Happy ) and i think I can survive a few extra months.........so long as its no more than that lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedivinevode.com/
Nerro

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:37 pm

I would have to say a delay wouldn't necessarily be the most awful thing for the game. I've had too many bad experiences with rushed content to demand they release TOR tomorrow. I see a delay as a good omen, though we will have to wait just a little longer... Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:28 am

Me too *cough cough* SWG *cough cough*
Back to top Go down
Nerro

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:18 am

Schwendo wrote:
Me too *cough cough* SWG *cough cough*

This is my exact thought. I picked SWG up right after the CU and all I heard from players was "the dev's have totally screwed this game up...etc, ad nauseum." and all I could think was 'WOW, this is such an awesome game.' I was caught up in the overall scope of the game, how large it was physically and being my first MMO the interaction I had with other players. The experience, for me, was moving. However, as I played more I began to pick up on the small faults and inconsistencies that plagued the game. Then, one sunny day in Naboo the "NGE" struck. For days players reeled and tried desperately to recover from the carnage. I remember feeling totally lost in the newness but still being a relatively "veteran" player I felt betrayed. It was a completely different game. I felt abused, unappreciated and thrown aside. The Dev's had completely dismissed any player concern and implemented their eventual demise.

I'm willing to wait *I say this with passion but with hope that TOR will come soon* as long as it takes for this game to be perfect. i don't want to fall in love with the experience only for it to be ripped from my grasp and exchanged for a cheaper, less worthy version of itself. Even though I wait, I wait with hope and I encourage everyone to hold onto the same hope that I do. This will be a Great game, and I look forward to experiencing it with you all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Ivyrane

Ivyrane

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:07 am

Funny thing is that Amazon still stubbornly claims that TOR will be realesed on the 25.03.2011 Smile . They even offer express delivery if u want the game with u on that day... Possible delay #ohgodno 895574 Laughing

TOR on Amazon

I wonder what they will put there when 25 March comes and goes Wink
Back to top Go down
Rafel Xavian

Rafel Xavian

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Rafel Xavian
Guild: Sanctus Amicitia

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Personally I wouldn't really trust Amazon xD
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Sanctus_Amicitia
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible delay #ohgodno   Possible delay #ohgodno I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible delay #ohgodno
Page 1 of 1