The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unified RiG Classs Councils

Go down 
+2
Godric_Barbarosa
Ty-Odi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Unified RiG Classs Councils Empty
PostSubject: Unified RiG Classs Councils   Unified RiG Classs Councils I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Ok, (Wall of text, lol)

I am treading carefully here, as I most certainly do not wish for one second to step on toes or anything of that nature in regards to taking things away from guilds and so on, but this is an idea which appeals to me none the less so thought I would at least throw it out there for consideration Smile

We will have 8 different classes, and as with the idea that Reign have put out their, there is a chance to do something kind of cool in terms of RP and game play, by setting up a kind of Council/Union etc, type situation for each class type?

I know many of you will have your own M/A rules, and ideas, and trial and so on to gain rank within your respective guilds, and I would never wish to take that away from anyone, but this is something we did on Eclipse in SWG, and it worked pretty well once we had ironed out all the kinks, and set a couple of basic rules for it and so on. (We would decide our own rules here of course)

This would predominantly be about RP, so would likely only affect those who take part in this, but it could however go further than that if people wished it, and start with M/A schemes to teach people to PVE or PVP and so on, new territory for me, for an idea like this, and likely a no go perhaps as people tend to do things like this in house and in guild, but it may be worth throwing it out for discussion anyhow?

The idea would be this.

We would have some uniform RP rules. Ones we all follow. Very, very, very basic rules, nothing constrictive what so ever, and definitely not something which would directly conflict with any guilds own ideals or ideas, this would be the tricky part, getting that balance, but I think if we persevered with it, it could well be worth all the effort!  (I know it was in SWG for us anyways)

I will do an example for the Jedi, as this is a pretty straight forward one really.

Top ranks would be Jedi Master Councilman (Or woman of course)

Then Jedi Master

Jedi Knight

Etc, etc, etc.

These people would gain there ranks on RP ability, regularity in play time, efforts in putting on events, helping people new to RP and so on. (Also not a bad idea to take one or two people based on guild rank from a number of guilds as well, as it brings in some form of uniformity across the play styles, at least in the beginning to help get everything set up)

Depending on numbers of course, you would only have a handful of council members, a fair few masters, more knights, and so on, on a pyramid system. I would suggest anyone who had an apprentice in guild kept their apprentice for RP as well, and all that could be kept in guild obviously. When a master believes his apprentice to be ready for ‘The Trials’ to become a Knight, (and again depending on RP type locations in game) All the members could come together and we would have a uniformed ‘Trials’ set up, which we may end up putting a number of people through at the same time. It could be anything but of course we need to play the game and see how it works really before we could uniformly come up with a set group of trials, but it would just turn into say a big monthly event or something? Just a chance for all the Jedi classes to hang out together, and have a bit of fun really.

Obviously their in guild ranking is down to the guild, this would only really be on a server wide RP level. Making it to the level of Knight for example would be more down to the guild and the master of that apprentice than anything else, as well, I don’t think we would ever need to limit the number of actual knights? (or masters really in this time frame?) But making it to the level of Master, would require some server wide RP credentials, you would have to be involved in a certain amount of events, help organise some, be a decent RP’er and what ever other idea we would have in order to make that kind of rank.

The council members would then be the very top echelon of the community. Voted in by the community. In the beginning we would not have any Council members, but on a month by month basis perhaps vote in one or two people, who would need to receive a recommendation from say 5 different people including at least 2 of those being from members outside their guild. Once nominated, we could then put those nominees names into a vote here on the boards. (In a section designated only for those of that class to stop a larger guild merely voting in their own, kind of thing) The member(s) with the highest votes, would then make it onto the council that month.

Again another chance for a get together for that class, and to run some random events to celebrate it etc.

You could do this for each class type, make it fun, light hearted, no real grab for power, as they would not really have any outside of RP anyways, and as their will have been voted in by their peers anyways, it should work ok?

Thought, ideas, or suggestions to improve this idea?

Last edited by Ty-Odi on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Unified RiG Classs Councils   Unified RiG Classs Councils I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:08 pm

I like the idea of drawing on a larger group than just a guild to get my RP fix.
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aylin Reeves
Guild: ARES

PostSubject: Re: Unified RiG Classs Councils   Unified RiG Classs Councils I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Just a quick question Ty before I start rambling in the wrong direction ... you are talking about a possible RiG wide <emphasis> roleplay</emphasis> system, right? This is not about installing RiG councils, merely a roleplay variant?
Back to top Go down
http://www.aresproject.de
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Unified RiG Classs Councils   Unified RiG Classs Councils I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Aylin wrote:
Just a quick question Ty before I start rambling in the wrong direction ... you are talking about a possible RiG wide <emphasis> roleplay</emphasis> system, right? This is not about installing RiG councils, merely a roleplay variant?

Spot on Smile

This is only in relation to RP. Like I said in my post, I am not wanting to take anything away from guilds in any respect. This would purely be a means to increase RP really Smile Just a bit of fun really.

I have been a part of something like this back in SWG and it was great fun Smile Led to all manner of events and cross guild/faction stuff and so on, was great! And just something I thought I would throw out there for discussion really Smile

Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aylin Reeves
Guild: ARES

PostSubject: Re: Unified RiG Classs Councils   Unified RiG Classs Councils I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 7:24 pm

Gotcha ty mate Smile

and I sure didn't want to come across sounding harsh or anything. I'm not a roleplayer myself(*), so I'll keep out of this one hehe. But who knows, maybe you guys can convert me *grins*

(*)p.s.: I've always had a problem with the definition of roleplayer. Aylin is a jedi consular. My real life me is no jedi (obviously). There you go, I roleplay. Eh, different story lol Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.aresproject.de
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Unified RiG Classs Councils   Unified RiG Classs Councils I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:32 am

Aylin wrote:
Gotcha ty mate Smile

and I sure didn't want to come across sounding harsh or anything. I'm not a roleplayer myself(*), so I'll keep out of this one hehe. But who knows, maybe you guys can convert me *grins*

(*)p.s.: I've always had a problem with the definition of roleplayer. Aylin is a jedi consular. My real life me is no jedi (obviously). There you go, I roleplay. Eh, different story lol Smile

I think we all roleplay one way or another. When I play my character, I feel her and do things no human on earth could, so in that respect I think I roleplay each time I make a choice for her in game. On the other hand, interacting with other players is more often than not out of character.

Ty, I think it's a very good idea. I've seen some awesome RP this way and when it works, it's taking roleplay in a direction I love.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Unified RiG Classs Councils   Unified RiG Classs Councils I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:43 am

So any more thought on this? Or should the idea be kind of abandoned? Smile

I honestly don't mind, it is just something I thought could have been a bit of fun is all Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Unified RiG Classs Councils   Unified RiG Classs Councils I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:07 am

I'm all for it ...um...all. I'm not a RPer either...but I support any fun thing to "bring together" the RiG gang. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Unified RiG Classs Councils   Unified RiG Classs Councils I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Good to hear mate Smile and it should just be a bit of fun really Smile

I love querky things like this, lol, they just tend to bring in some sort of structure to things, which in the Chaos that is MMO's lol, can often be a very good thing! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Unified RiG Classs Councils   Unified RiG Classs Councils I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Good to hear mate Smile and it should just be a bit of fun really Smile

I love querky things like this, lol, they just tend to bring in some sort of structure to things, which in the Chaos that is MMO's lol, can often be a very good thing! Smile

"We have a plan?"

hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unified RiG Classs Councils   Unified RiG Classs Councils I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unified RiG Classs Councils
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: The OSC - Events and Suggestions-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com