The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The TOR forums...

Go down 
+12
Ty-Odi
Akomo
SandsS
Schwendo
Kai-Sun
Arzon
Abslom-dak
Aylin
Zepour
Godric_Barbarosa
azarhal
archifikos
16 posters
AuthorMessage
archifikos

archifikos

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:32 pm

Hey all, long time no see. I've taken a break from the R.i.G forums but I'm back now The TOR forums... 408455

Is it my imagination, or are the TOR forums going to hell? I've bitten the head off two jerks in one day - their absolute, elitist, arrogant statements really made me go ballistic The TOR forums... 841825

I try to be calm and reasonable, but the attitude of some people really gets under my skin!

What's going on people? Are we getting the worse of the WoW community in the TOR forums? I play Wow myself and have positive experiences in general from the community as a whole - but it seems like their forum "jerks" are finding their way here. Posted here rather than off topic as this is about the games 5th pillar...

Just needed to blow off some steam. My "RL" mood is fine and peachy but my "forum" mood is glum The TOR forums... 475609
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:09 pm

I haven't been to the Official forums since December.

It's not like I'm missing much by not going over there and I always had the impression that the "WoWers" moved in back last summer and never left. For better or worst.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:15 pm

I'll admit the negativity and misinformation over there is disheartening. If I just looked at the forums and not the media Bioware and their media partners have released I would think this game was doomed.
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild:

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:37 pm

I somehow expect the TOR community to plunge down to toxic levels of the WoW one. And if Bioware decide to implement cross-realm Dungeon Finder, I might just skip the game altogether.

The current WoW forums are another proof of The Greater Internet F*beep* Theory, excuse me my strong words. I fear the TOR forums will eventually go down the same path.

I hope that the RIG community will develop solid foundation on which several groups of people would find a modus operandi to enjoy the game together. I know it works in WoW.

Yeah, I'm grumpy today. Neutral

Edit: Azarha'ls recipe works well. I visit only the Dev tracker and ignore the rest.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:53 pm

I never visited the WoW forums much. But if I hadn't visited the TOR forums I would have never found this great community. I, unfortunately, have gotten sucked into a few conversations on the main forums as I try to clear people of erroneous information. Likely I am just talking at a brick wall. I just hate when people make sh** up and try to pass it off as fact. That's why I can't watch TV "news".
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aylin Reeves
Guild: ARES

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:45 pm

That's why I don't frequent game forums, unless it's a guild's or in this wonderful case the RIG community's forum. But! the amount of internet jerks and all the forum warriors don't bother me, the more time they spend on the forums, the fewer time they have to annoy me in-game Smile And after all, that's all that matters... in game experience, not the forums Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.aresproject.de
Abslom-dak

Abslom-dak

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Cairo Jones
Guild: Knights of the Red Tower

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:06 pm

To archifikos

No it's not your imagination, they are going to hell. I thought it was just me who was feeling this way, but the official TOR site has gone noticeably downhill in the last year or so. It just seems to be going more and more immature.

It's the main reason though why I'm with RIG. I got so depressed at the mediocrity and general b/s on the official forums that I needed somewhere to go to just read or discuss something relevant to TOR.

The forums are getting worse. It's almost as if there is a body of people out there, ( probably young people! ), who seem to troll through the posts just trying to find something to argue with. The ridiculous or inane things I have read on the TOR site make me wonder if these people aren't confusing Star Wars with Gossip Girl or something. They certainly don't seem to have seen any of the films or animations, read any books or comics, or know anything about the history of the Star Wars milieu, and they have definitely not played KOTOR.

Frustrating doesn't seem to sum up the official site. It just seems like it's full of people trying to score points off of each other, or whining and moaning about Bioware not giving them enough info' or wasting time on the story. I've even read posts where people were arguing against an official release or quote from one of Biowares developers.

Hopefully, when the game is released it will be one huge disappointment for these types of players and they'll get disillusioned with it very quickly and leave us alone to enjoy the game in peace. Well I can hope can't I?
Back to top Go down
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:25 pm

I believe this perception is likely due to the wait the toll is taking on an already vocal community mixed with the high visibility of the game. Given that this is likely the first real contender against WoW's population, it's understandable that it will attract it's fair share of asshats.

Of course, this is where RIG and great guilds come into play. I spend decidely less time on the TOR forums today than I used to for the simple fact that much of the useful information that gets posted over there is also posted at various fan sites and guild sites. I find these sites much more enjoyable to frequent since I don't have to sift through quite as much bullshit and asshattery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 3:07 pm

The TOR forums have started going more downhill now that we're getting more solid gameplay information, even if it's taking this long to get it. It's drawing the absolute crowd that fights over numbers and every little detail like they're fighting a war with every word to cover their frail egos.

It was much nicer when people would just speculate and come together to enjoy just discussing Star Wars and Bioware, and while it still happens with us and some other sites, the main TOR boards are generally hostile. It's even getting to some of my friends over there that are usually immune to the madness.

Most though seem willing to chill out if you do talk to them in private messages or try to steer a thread back to being civil, cause everyone gets heated at times.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:02 am

You are 100% correct Arch....its SWTOR forum-Moron City in there. Good luck trying to get an intelligent conversation going with anyone. I want to "Schw'invent" an IP Address/router...um...locator beacon...That way, I'll plug it in the ole' I-Phone "maps" and take a lil' weekend excursion....Wink...That would be the last time, for each of them, whining on a forum!!!....I promise you that!

/hi5 Arch'...WB pimp!
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Odium

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Yuhp. I spend some time in the TOR Guild Hall forum, some time posting for Odium's recruitment thread, and then some more time in the Odium guild forums.

The RiG is a nice place for alternative discussions. You can be sure I will be posting here when we get some more significant updates to game mechanics. URGH. NO INFO FOR WEEKS. Heh. Just rumors of various changes.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:40 pm

Schwendo wrote:
You are 100% correct Arch....its SWTOR forum-Moron City in there. Good luck trying to get an intelligent conversation going with anyone. I want to "Schw'invent" an IP Address/router...um...locator beacon...That way, I'll plug it in the ole' I-Phone "maps" and take a lil' weekend excursion....Wink...That would be the last time, for each of them, whining on a forum!!!....I promise you that!

/hi5 Arch'...WB pimp!

Made me think of this. While we are on the whole Kevin Smith and Star Wars thing.
Back to top Go down
Akomo

Akomo

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Dont sweat the small stuff   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:43 am

I dont go over there unless some one posts something new here first or i receive an email from Bioware.Occasionally ill post my opinion about things but i dont stick around to argue with dumbasses.This will be my last MMO ill be particpating in until VR worlds comes out if they ever do in my lifetime.

Once in game ill rarely post on the game forums.As a previous poster here has said ,if they are crying on the forums about something ,they arent in game.Not a good way to spend a monthly fee ,no?
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:55 am

There is definately some more arguementative people on the main boards these days, and they are bringing a lot of negativivty to them, but that seems to be the norm for most games forums these days sadly.

Just as there is in game, there are those who go to a forum merely to troll and argue? It does make you wonder about these people sometimes? lol.

Still, the more they are on the boards, and hopefully this will be the case after launch too, the less time they will be in game, which is fine by me, lol Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
archifikos

archifikos

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:21 pm

Hey again!

Good to see I'm not alone in this... I don't mind constructive arguments even if I'm at polar opposites with the other poster.

What I can't stand is the dismissive, arrogant attitude some people have. Ty will remember the "ganking" as well as the "PvP etiquette "threads... Some people in there really made me see red.

Still, there's a number of good posters still... I really hope we get a good thing going!

BTW, I managed to convince a RL friend to play TOR - or at least to try it out for a month. I don't think he'll register on these boards, but I'll convince him to join on a R.i.G. server with me at least for his first "free" month. Getting him TOR for his birthday anyway (whenever it's released) so he'd better! The TOR forums... 882604 Anyway, one more on the R.i.G.!
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:54 pm

I guess its a matter of expectations. I dont expect much more than drivel and pre-teen chest pounding from the ToR boards, and they usually meet my expectations The TOR forums... 756107
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Nicely done sir! Smile

Always good to have another member!! Very Happy

And yeah, some peoples attittudes on those threads......I think I saw red a tad as well, lmao Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Nicely done sir! Smile

Always good to have another member!! Very Happy

And yeah, some peoples attittudes on those threads......I think I saw red a tad as well, lmao Smile

There's a Visine for that...
Wink
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:07 pm

As over time more details come out, expect the official forums to be more rude for a while from those who want different details or disagree with the ones which came out. The last few weeks haven't had any big details at all so now there is also rudeness from those who are twiddling thumbs.

Also, everytime news comes out about "potential WoW killer" or "compete with WoW" expect more forum rudeness; ironically that seems to come both from WoW fanboys defending their game and those who hate WoW and want to condemn anything remotely like it! Life is strange.

On the good side, maybe people will get so used to being rude in the forums they will continue that after launch. That's fine with me as the more time they spend typing forum rage gives them less time in the game I hope to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Orkayl

Orkayl

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Sanisar
Class: Bounty Hunter
Guild:

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:54 am

My two cents is that as the game gets closer to launch the player pool gets a little more diluted every day with MMO hoppers, disgruntled players, naysayers, etc. who tend to drown out the dedicated following that have been around those forums for years.

My sincere hope is that most of those players will either change once they play the game or won't stay around too long. If the game is developed with a strong community focus in mind then players won't be able to act that way ingame for long without developing a reputation for themselves.

You have to remember that a lot of younger players have never played an MMO where the communities were actually respectful and based around achievement/accomplishment within your community. MMOs like WoW tend to reduce your character to a spec and a gear set so one of the only ways to gain any respect/notoriety in the 'community' is to act out, troll, talk down to people etc.

That's my take on it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The TOR forums... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TOR forums...   The TOR forums... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TOR forums...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: General Discussion - Talk about anything SW:TOR-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Create a forum on Forumotion | Video games | Roleplay Games (MMORPG, WOW...) | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com