The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

<Sanctus Amicitia>

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rafel Xavian

Rafel Xavian

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Rafel Xavian
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Sanctus Amicitia

<Sanctus Amicitia> Empty
PostSubject: <Sanctus Amicitia>   <Sanctus Amicitia> I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Hello RIG! First of all I want to congratulate you all on a job well done! I hapened to notice this awsome community when reading through ToRs forum late in the morning. Our guild is sort of a second coming of this same idea where the previous version was used in our old WoW guild. Or actually the fourth if you count our smaller scale projects over the years. Now we have the team and combined brain power to make this one even more successful than any of the previous ones. I guess a short introduction is in order.

<Sanctus Amicitia>

Sanctus Amicitia was started 2/2/2011 as a Galactic Republic roleplaying guild. The idea started with few real life friends who were planning on venturing into the world of ToR together. We decided to make our experience of running guilds in past MMO's into good use and build a community where we and other likely minded people could enjoy exploring the new game and grow together. We got some old friends to join our project, friends who gave a huge contribution to the previous version of this guild that we had on World of Warcraft's European PvP-RP server: "The Venture Co". The guild was called Highborne, which was created on the first day of the server (September '05) and at it's peak was considered as one of the most well known and respected RP guilds of the server.

As the quality of expansions kept on getting worse in our opinion and we felt the RP on the server to be close to extinct. These combined caused a diminish in our numbers. Few months into Wrath of the Lich King, most of the people had moved to other servers seeking more active RP or continued to play on TVC but had moved on to raiding guilds. I too followed the last bunch while quiting entirely before Cata came out.

Over the years we managed to build a strong community of roleplaying oriented people while being able to participate in endgame and PvP activities. And I have to say we were never too far behind of the "hardcore" guilds. The guild has dragged most of us all around europe on crazy real life meetings which we wouldn't trade for the world. We've always been a mix of mature people who share the same idea of gaming but at the same time our community has always been a rather whacky one and some people might get a permanent brain damage from our humor.

So what's Sanctus Amicitia about?

-Most of our members are European
-We strongly believe in fun, friendship and growing together
-We firmly believe in democratic processes and open discussion on our guild board. Our guild structure is designed to support this idea.
-We are focused on relatively casual roleplaying but we've always been a mix. We've had hardcore raiders, insanely devoted and talented storywriters/RPers and even some who do nothing else with their time than PvP. The guild has always tried to offer something for everyone. It's more about the community than what people prefer to do with their ingame time.
-We believe in quality over quantity.
-We'd like our members to roleplay as much as possible but we also acknowledge that it's not for everyone and will not turn a good applicant down just because they don't like to RP.
-We'd prefer an European RP or PvP-RP server.
-We are including a "vassalage"-system that we've used in the past (It's quite similar to the master/apprentice-system). Always found it as a great way to get members more involved from the moment they join. Both IC and OOC.
-Our recruiment is in open.
-We use a 4-week trial system that includes an interview, a background check and guildwide voting process.
-We have zero-tolerance for drama.
-Our motto is "RL is more important".

And finally, it's worth noting that we are neither power-levellers, nor instance grinders. One can happily be a part of the guild and remain level 10 forever with nothing by 'grey' equipment! It's more important to us HOW people play and enjoy the journey, rather than simply rush to end, and grind the big raid instances for loot. We might have players who are PvP oriented, but we - the people of Sanctus Amicitia - are much more about enjoying every aspect of Star Wars, in all it's sumptuous glory!

A bit of the guild's background which is still a work in progress.

The year was 3,653 BBY (Before Battle of Yavin), the Treaty of Coruscant has just been signed, and numerous proxy wars had erupted. It was then that Jedi Consular Rafel Xavian saw this peace treaty as a mere pause in the hostilities and decided to found a covert fighting force of his own, in preparation of a new Sith offensive. This undertaking was done without first consulting the Jedi High Council, and was kept secret for some time until Sevita, an old acquaintance of Consular Xavian from his years as a padawan, was sent to investigate his unusual behaviour. The High Council was indeed right and after having discovered his deception on the matter, they considered the wisdom in having a hidden battle-ready force, and eventually approved it's existence.

The High Council however was concerned and so they sent Sevita back as an observer to monitor the guild's activities. Sevita was accompanied by Orbius Senken, who had been Consular Xavian's Padawan for many years. He was to act as a protector to Consular Sevita.

It was the people who Consular Xavian had been keeping around him, that caused the concern of the High Council, as they were an assortment of mercenaries, smugglers, ex-soldiers, drifters and other various kinds of scum. It was in them that he saw an opportunity to help the Republic, in their skills, and their strengths. It was to be a far cry from the Jedi Order. His first contact was to be the smuggler Mercurius Jonaleth. An old acquaintance of his who for promise of money joined his cause. It was through his contacts that they managed to recruit more of the non savoury characters that were required for such an undertaking.

Now if you're looking for more answers or just want to say hello. Feel free to PM me or visit us on our forums. Our doors are always open for likely-minded individuals.

Sincerely
-Rafel Xavian, founder and Grand Master of <Sanctus Amicitia>

Last edited by Rafel Xavian on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Sanctus_Amicitia
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

<Sanctus Amicitia> Empty
PostSubject: Re: <Sanctus Amicitia>   <Sanctus Amicitia> I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Welcome. Sounds very interesting. Another RP guild for me to keep my eye on along with Force Academy, Zero^3 and others.

I'm still waiting to see how the servers play out before I pick a guild. I will definitely be playing on a RiG server whether the community chooses an RP server or not.
Back to top Go down
Rafel Xavian

Rafel Xavian

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Rafel Xavian

<Sanctus Amicitia> Empty
PostSubject: Re: <Sanctus Amicitia>   <Sanctus Amicitia> I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Some of our members did think that we don't need to rush into things because the game's not even out yet. But we decided that we wouldn't be caught off guard by the game coming out and do what we can before it.

I for one like the idea that after playing 10 hours straight or so on the launch day I could log off, check the guild forums and say to myself that all is well and allow myself some rest before the next day. Instead of having to do a 6 hour forum sitting to decide stuff on how things would work in the guild. This was the case in WoW and it proved too much of a hassle tbh Razz
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Sanctus_Amicitia
Mercurius

Mercurius

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mercurius Jonaleth
Class: Smuggler

<Sanctus Amicitia> Empty
PostSubject: Re: <Sanctus Amicitia>   <Sanctus Amicitia> I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 12:06 pm

Hello there, RIG. I am Mercurius, one of the officers of Sanctus Amicitia, and all around assistant of Raf. I just wanted to pop up and introduce my self as well.
Back to top Go down
Orbis

Orbis

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Orbius Senken
Class: Jedi Knight

<Sanctus Amicitia> Empty
PostSubject: Re: <Sanctus Amicitia>   <Sanctus Amicitia> I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Hello RIG! I'm Orbis and I'm one of the officers in charge of recruiment in <Sanctus Amicitia>. I started playing WoW in 2007, which was my first MMO and joined Highborne because Raf (my rl friend) insisted. Met some wonderful people there that introduced me to the wonderful world of roleplaying. As WoW was my first I'm still playing it to this day on the European Argent Dawn (RP-server).

It's my first time being an officer but as the rest of the community told me that I could do a good job I took up the post. Knowing the people that came with us from WoW, I have high expectations from this guild and from ToR in general. I'm looking forward to roleplaying in the star wars universe and getting to know you folks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

<Sanctus Amicitia> Empty
PostSubject: Re: <Sanctus Amicitia>   <Sanctus Amicitia> I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

<Sanctus Amicitia>
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Hello & Welcome :) :: Guild Zone - A chance for you to introduce your guild-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com