The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Headquarters

Go down 
+8
azarhal
Darka
MorgonKara
Aldemarran
Arzon
Kai-Sun
Aylin
Godric_Barbarosa
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Guild Headquarters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Headquarters   Guild Headquarters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Abslom-dak wrote:

Also to Kai-Sun, I had a look at your guild on the TOR website and found almost 15 other guilds called Serenity. Will this pose a problem for you when the game goes live? Do you know which guild with that name has precedence, and what criteria Bioware are using when there are multiple guilds with the same name?

No, it's not really a problem. If fortune favors us we'll be able to obtain the name, if not, then we'll move on and pick something new we can all agree on and rally behind. Such is the price of having a name other people want, I knew that going into it. I do know however, I was the second person to register Serenity, right after an Empire guild with a different server ruleset preference was created with the same name. Maybe that'll help?

They haven't said what criteria they use to place people on servers, I'm assuming they'll try to match it where there will only be like 20 servers (just for discussion, most likely many more,) and only allow 20-25 registrations of the name. 5 extra in case some fail the minimum requirements to be placed on servers. Not sure, they did say there is a limit to how many times you can register a specific name. This system really seems more tailored to guilds that only have one or two friendly guilds or none, since it'd be a lot easier for them, they'd not have to worry where they ended up.

My only worry is that of the entire community, of where we'd all be placed, and if it's really a system for us. I can only hope that, should we have to make Serenity on a server that it is not automatically placed on (the most likely scenario atm, unless I get good at bribing,) that the name is not taken before I can create it on the RiG community server.

Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Guild Headquarters   Guild Headquarters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:46 pm

I haven't read the Guild HQ info yet (yes, I should have, but time is limited unfortunately and the day only has 24 hours).

Has anyone contacted David Bass yet just to ask if there was any way to set this up?

Secondly, is it not still possible to just create your guild on a server the old way (without having the possibility to secure a name, granted)?

Also, I hate to be insisting, but we should seriously come up with our decision regarding which server type(s) we are gonna settle for, otherwise it might get awkward at some point to admit that we have no idea where we are headed.
Back to top Go down
Velaxi
Just Married
Velaxi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Velaxi
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Guild Headquarters   Guild Headquarters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:00 pm

Well, THIS THREAD / list seems to indicate fairly strongly that the majority are OK with PvE ... and from what I can see nobody has said "NO RP" at all, which would make PvE(any) the fairly obvious choice.

That said, there's no reason the RiG can't have a presence on PvE & PVP both.

We're likely going to end up on multiple servers in any case, just due to Gamers' Nature.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Guild Headquarters   Guild Headquarters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:47 pm

Noticed the same thing - just don't want to be the one declaring it as a made decision.

Don't want to take the discussion to this topic, but are you suggesting something like: PvE is our main-server but we will designate a RiG Server for the remaining server types (or the popular ones)?
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Guild Headquarters   Guild Headquarters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Grome wrote:
Noticed the same thing - just don't want to be the one declaring it as a made decision.

Don't want to take the discussion to this topic, but are you suggesting something like: PvE is our main-server but we will designate a RiG Server for the remaining server types (or the popular ones)?

May have to do something like this, vote for a main RiG server, then make sure we have a presence on the remaining two.

I'd also like to add that in addition to the RiG community for ally/adversary guilds, I've got a few guilds that aren't a part of the RiG that I'd wish to possibly ally with or at least have on the same server, so have to work that out as well.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Guild Headquarters   Guild Headquarters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:54 pm

You should make sure they agree with that and get them on the same server then.

For something this big I'm not sure one can rely on the Guild HQ system. Or do you disagree?
Other options would be, as already suggested, either the old way or give it a shot with David Bass.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Guild Headquarters   Guild Headquarters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:29 am

Grome wrote:
You should make sure they agree with that and get them on the same server then.

For something this big I'm not sure one can rely on the Guild HQ system. Or do you disagree?
Other options would be, as already suggested, either the old way or give it a shot with David Bass.

Yea, don't think it's going to come down to the guild system, due to our complexity. It may actually hurt us, because we may run into the problems of picking a server some of the people who have dupe names, may get that server and we'd be SOL before the game actually starts. I'm not really TOO worried though.

As for getting all of my forum friends on the same server, I'm not sure how easy that's going to be. Most want different server types, and they have no real reason for all of them to agree on what we pick. I can try, though.
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: Guild Headquarters   Guild Headquarters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:37 pm

As much as we are community minded it is essential for our guild, to pick a RP server first and foremost. Needless to say we will still do our part in community building on whatever server we get assigned too
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Guild Headquarters   Guild Headquarters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Darka wrote:
As much as we are community minded it is essential for our guild, to pick a RP server first and foremost. Needless to say we will still do our part in community building on whatever server we get assigned too

This was a point that I made in another thread. I think there will be more people who will not join a non-RP server than there are people who will not join an RP server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Headquarters   Guild Headquarters - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Headquarters
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2