The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mli

Mli

Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use? Empty
PostSubject: Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use?   Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:17 pm

So what input devices do you use? Why? And do you like them?

I have tried to use wireless mouse keyboard once and will never do it again dam I was not to found of that.

My mouse is a Razor Naga
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900/parentCategoryID.35208800/categoryId.54536600

This is a mouse with 12 thumb keys and a some what ergonomic grip if you use the entire hand to hold move the mouse. For me this one have worked really well. I have used some various devices by logitech, G500 G518 and some older versions of those the old microsoft 3.0 mouse and the the razor boomslang 2000 (this was a ball mouse). I have to say that the naga is the best one so far. The grip is really easy on the hand and out of the 12 tumb keys i find the first 1-6 realy easy to use. 7-12 are a little to far back on the mouse and somewhat hard to press easy. Logitechs G500 is a little better when it comes to the grip but its by so little and the extra keys on the naga really makes up for it, it is a huge difference for me when playing. Before i had the naga i had trouble to bind al abilitys i wanted in a good way and had to use shift and alt modifier a lot and this in the end stressed my left hand so the muscle attachment started to hurt.

For keyboard i use a standard keyboard from logitech think it was the sheepest i could find at the time and i honestly like it a lot.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/479/3524?WT.z_sp=Image&osid=14&bit=64

The keys on this one feels distinct and the key press are short or well was back then. I do not intend to get rid of this one for some years yet.

And I have actually ordered a razor Nostromo game pad
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.221675100/parentCategoryID.35156900/categoryId.53491100

I'm looking forward to try this unit to see if it makes it more relaxing for my left hand when playing. Have anyone used this device? If so please do share your experience.

Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use?   Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:54 pm

I got a cheap keyboard (sub $10) and a Sentinel Storm mouse since my last cheap mouse died.

I will probably need to change the keyboard at some point, because the space bar is getting sticky and I need that space bar...
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use?   Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:56 pm

I've got both a razer mouse and keyboard, I've never personally tried using a game pad before.
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aylin Reeves
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: ARES

PostSubject: Re: Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use?   Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:05 pm

I'm currently using my old microsoft explorer mouse and my logitech trackball, I have a hard time deciding between the two, both work well for me, the trackball is certainly king when I have little space on the desk hehe.

I also use a logitech keyboard in combination with the logitech g13 keypad (very similar to the nostromo you mentioned), and I swear by that thing for mmos. movement on the thumb-joystick and all my hotkeys under my fingers, so movement and facerolling in one Razz I can recommend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aresproject.de
Mli

Mli

PostSubject: Re: Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use?   Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:52 pm

Aylin wrote:
I also use a logitech keyboard in combination with the logitech g13 keypad (very similar to the nostromo you mentioned), and I swear by that thing for mmos. movement on the thumb-joystick and all my hotkeys under my fingers, so movement and facerolling in one Razz I can recommend.

Hehe sounds good Smile I looked at the G13 as well but I feel for some reason more for the Nostromo dunno why. Do you use that led display it has? feels odd to look there for information. It has more keys as well then the nostromo but a higher price. hmm wish i could test both Razz Read a review were the person preferred the nostromo over the g13 because he/she felt she had to small hands for the g13 maybe that's the biggest difference Smile

azarhal wrote:
Sentinel Storm mouse since my last cheap mouse died.

I will probably need to change the keyboard at some point, because the space bar is getting sticky and I need that space bar...

That one looks nice Smile And yeh a space bar can be handy to have Razz
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aylin Reeves
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: ARES

PostSubject: Re: Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use?   Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:48 pm

I hardly use the display, since I have a 2nd monitor where I keep all the important info while playing. but it can be handy for teamspeak/vent, if you only have one screen. I can see people with really small hands having issues with the g13, but you also get more G keys. It is great quality though, rather heavy so you don't have to glue it to your desk to keep it in place or anything, and I really love the joystick.
It was the same for me a year ago, I was reading all the reviews on these gamepads and in the end just decided to order one, try it and send it back if I didn't like it...lol. I stuck with it though, and convinced two of my guildies to get it, and they love it aswell. It's a bit overpriced, as are most logitech gaming keyboards, but I don't regret it Smile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aresproject.de
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use?   Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:59 am

In my (not so) humble opinion you may forget about all those extra buttons on your mouse once you become accustomed to the Nostromo Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use? 287971
Back to top Go down
Mli

Mli

PostSubject: Re: Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use?   Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:46 am

Aldemarran wrote:
In my (not so) humble opinion you may forget about all those extra buttons on your mouse once you become accustomed to the Nostromo Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use? 287971

mm that might be the case Smile I do hope the Nostromo will improve the gaming experience and if that means i will just use 3 keys on the mouse then its still worth it.

Btw I am still using my old Icemat for reason i can't part with it .... been looking for and trying new mouse mats but i just cant find anything i like more.
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use?   Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:17 pm

The trick is learning to use the Nostromo. In WoW I actually bound the two right-most buttons to shift+up and shift+down so that I could switching rapidly between toolbars. I like the older versions with the d-pad better than the stick. I use the various directions for alt, shift, esc... in short, any modifier key. That's in addition to forward and back arrows which (since I mouse turn like most gamers) means I don't need anything further for movement and still have a full 12 keys for '1' through '='. I then arrange my spells across the toolbar in patterns according to use and spell function so that I always know which fingertip has which spell. I can attribute most of my successes as a healer to having blind access to all my spells without moving my hand.

For Counter Strike: Source I have an entirely different configuration. These I can switch between using the mode button. Red is WoW (... "For the Horde!") and blue is for CS:S. Neat thing is that I probably won't have to change my WoW config for SW:TOR.

Once yours arrives you can just go nuts with all the different things it can do for you. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use?   Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad what do you use?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com