Respect In Gaming

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Speculation: PvE & PvP Integrated End-Game?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Speculation: PvE & PvP Integrated End-Game?   Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:13 am

Some neurons in my brain misfired and have produced some wild theoristic drivel with which I shall now entertain you.

Let me start with a few disparate facts:
  • We have seen open world PvP in many MMOs.
  • We have seen non-instanced PvP yield control of a resource rich zone to the winning faction in WoW.
  • We have seen end-game PvE content unlocked by PvP in WoW.
  • We have heard that story choices will have lasting effects in SW:TOR (kill a companion and they stay dead forever).
  • I at least remember hearing that they had something different in mind for SW:TOR end-game.
  • Warhammer: Age of Reckoning allowed PvE activities to contribute towards "Realm Victory" or whatever it was called. I never did understand what effects that had on the realm though.

What if we have something like "Contested Planets" where the PvP battles are impacted by PvE performance? If PvP and PvE outcomes were fully integrated you could have both not only affect the outcome on a periodic basis, but you could open and close extra content / resources / whatever to the faction that controls the planet.

I wonder what else could be done with fully integrated PvE and PvP?

P.S. You may now return to your regularly scheduled (not to mention sane and probable) thoughts.

Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: PvE & PvP Integrated End-Game?   Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:33 pm

We also saw at PAX last year video of a Republic Team and an Empire team doing an instance on Alderaan where both teams met up in the middle (or somewhere,) once they cleared a ton of mobs and the Sith ended up beating a boss type robot (assumed, not sure it's significance.)

After that, they teased watching both groups seeing each other and charging one another then going to black as they clashed.

Now, I'm not sure it's a true 'Flashpoint" as that has heavy story, but I'm wondering if they teased a special type of Warzone. At least, they didn't show us any story bits if that area or what have you has any.

What kind of impact this has on kinds of endgame there is, I'm not sure. Would definitely be interesting for there to be areas where teams of Republic and Empire are allowed into at the same time and have to either rush against each other to achieve a goal or the ultimate goal is to fight each other at the end for victory.

They've stated that if you're on a PVE server you don't ever have to PVP, so I'd assume the main bulk story of the game exists outside of requiring PVP, so I think true endgame as most think of it is purely PVE based. That said, I'm quite sure we'll see some interesting Pve-PVP mixes thrown in there.
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: PvE & PvP Integrated End-Game?   Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Wow, I hadn't seen or heard of that. Thanks Kai!

Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: PvE & PvP Integrated End-Game?   Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:55 pm

Aldemarran wrote:
Wow, I hadn't seen or heard of that. Thanks Kai!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQqeqOPF3Sk 6:30 into the video. (From Darth Hater)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5EEo6kwyXA&feature=related 7:30 into the video, from Ask A Jedi.

Hope that helps, should have linked them in my original post.

Not sure what's out of date or whatnot, but they were interesting to watch. Specially the Q&A segment with Daniel Erickson in the final videos.
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: PvE & PvP Integrated End-Game?   Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:50 pm

Fascinating! Thank you!

Grome
Massively Subtle

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: PvE & PvP Integrated End-Game?   Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:40 am

You know, there's been a lot of negative vibes lately. I still think it's going to be a great game.

Maybe Bioware are right to take it one step at a time instead of challenging all known rules at once.

This here seems like some of the "announced" never-before-seen endgame. I'm really curious what they have in store for us there.

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: PvE & PvP Integrated End-Game?   

Back to top Go down

Speculation: PvE & PvP Integrated End-Game?
Page 1 of 1