The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) Empty
PostSubject: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:41 am

This is a pre-emptive thread. Wink

Looks like a part of the embargo get lift off this week, so I'm creating this thread as a place to find all the candies once they get thrown to the wolves.

Right now we only have over positive tweets about PvP being an improved version of WAR and the game being fun to play...

Sticky thread on the official forum

Lots of stuff at DH!!!

And check each fan site on the sticky, they each go their own exclusive screenshot.Swtor-life got my favorite...

CRR favorite reveals

///PvP

Darthhater got a few articles already quite interesting...

Also the sticky on the official website will have all the other links that appear.

Last edited by azarhal on Thu May 05, 2011 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Updated with some links...
Back to top Go down
Wetworks

Wetworks

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Unsure-Republic

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Quote :
Daniel Erickson: “This game is not built to play without your companions.”

=(

I've played a MMORPG that was designed taking in consideration you use 3 characters at the same time, it was not really as fun as it seemed at first. I hope BW will handle this well.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:05 pm

Nothing was wrong with companions being important in single player games. Why would it be in a BW MMO? (except for balancing issues perhaps)
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:06 pm

Companions can act all by themselves, you don't need to control them. They also represent ~60% of a player power. Also Zoeller said this: If you are a player that wants to use all the tools they have, um, and uh, use that additional grenade, or equip her (companion) with optomin weaponry with the role that you are using her in and so on, we expect you to do better. You will be able to take on harder content than a player that wouldn't.

That's Fine.....at least fine with us.

I really like the Grey gear stuff, color matching (I didn't know about that one), companions (with more stuff coming about them!) and Daniel Erickson being the person doing the random name generator (that work by species! I might go random named, I actually liked Kotor's name generator).

And just check the graphic improvement from www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/ss/SS_20081021_ForceChoke_full.jpg" class="postlink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">2008 to 2011.

Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:25 pm

azarhal wrote:
And just check the graphic improvement from www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/ss/SS_20081021_ForceChoke_full.jpg" class="postlink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">2008 to 2011

Yeah it's good that they put up that railing so people don't all off that ledge. jocolor
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:31 pm

PvP news.

Warzones seems to be improved version of Guild Wars PvP arena mixed with Unreal Tournament and Counter Strike. I haven't played a FPS in multiplayer since the 90s, beside COD1, sue me...

Tanks can taunt and guard. Damage received, damage dealer and healing are all stats that can be seen at the end of a match, etc. (lots of stuff in there).

PvE servers will allow players to flag themselves for PvP and have PvP open zones without quests (similar to RvR lakes probably). Which mean that PvP servers will probably flag everybody all the time (but they still have safe zones).

Warzones PvP centric gear is about %10 better then PvE gear for PvP.

Back to top Go down
Wetworks

Wetworks

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Unsure-Republic

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:20 pm

"Warzones PvP centric gear is about %10 better then PvE gear for PvP" curious how this is going to work, by zone buffs, an item code, or a PvP stat like WoW?

"Tanks can taunt and guard" I really love this idea of PvP tanking. One of my favorite mmo pvp moments was fighting a blood DK in WoW w/my Blood DK, the fights were long and fun. When one of us died we sat and waited for each other to rez & regain health. We kept this up for almost an hour in Zagamarsh, even both had different faction onlookers that did not jump in.

Have to say I was leaning towards a pve server, whole concept "its red its dead" always thought was the wrong way to do PvP outside of a fps, good example DCUO pvp servers. After reading how SWTOR PvP servers going to work, looks like allot of fun.

Thanks for the post Azarhal.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:30 pm

I am now very interested in trying each advanced class (at least from one side) in PvP during Open beta to see how they all play before picking one for launch. Open Betas going to last 6 months so I can do this...right? Suspect
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Wetworks wrote:
"Warzones PvP centric gear is about %10 better then PvE gear for PvP" curious how this is going to work, by zone buffs, an item code, or a PvP stat like WoW?

From my understanding, it's a single stat on the gears that boost your health, damage and defence<=that is erroneous* by about 10% when doing PvP. Considering that Warzones PvP is more about tactics then individual skill level, it probably won't account for much there. Also, the matchmaking will allow everybody to play together (a level 10 + 3 level 50 can PvP together in the same group...not sure how it look like in the end though).

* correct info: character's damage, damage absorption, and healing effectiveness

Wetworks wrote:
Thanks for the post Azarhal.

You are welcome. pirat

Last edited by azarhal on Fri May 06, 2011 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:22 am

Good point about PvP being tactical. I know they are trying to balance but troopers/bounty hunters look to be beasts in PvP (highly mobile ranged attackers in heavy armor). PvP being so tactically based should make small unbalances much less important than coordination. Definitely makes me hope Serenity or RiG at large can regularly field teams.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:26 am

Yeah, some previewer talked about small mistake not being costly, because of high long it take to down others and that the Smuggler/IA aren't that much glass cannon in PvP.

Also, looks like stealth is mostly useful as a displacement tool, because other players can spot you.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:35 am

azarhal wrote:
Yeah, some previewer talked about small mistake not being costly, because of high long it take to down others and that the Smuggler/IA aren't that much glass cannon in PvP.

Also, looks like stealth is mostly useful as a displacement tool, because other players can spot you.
That might be a good move. Stealth is detectable? Either way, I suppose stealth is going to be less useful a tool since most of its power lies in the opening of the fight (which is less important if fights are generally longer).
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:01 pm

azarhal wrote:

I'm not so sure about this. What struck me as odd was that the reviewer that was talking about stealth was talking about not being able to shiv people because he was detectable. The whole time I'm thinking he could still stealth and hit someone with his medium to long range attacks. On the other hand, as Grome noted the big opening move is less important if fights last longer.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
azarhal wrote:

I'm not so sure about this. What struck me as odd was that the reviewer that was talking about stealth was talking about not being able to shiv people because he was detectable. The whole time I'm thinking he could still stealth and hit someone with his medium to long range attacks. On the other hand, as Grome noted the big opening move is less important if fights last longer.

Indeed, now I'm starting to wonder exactly what is going on with stealth. Zoeller mentioned that no class had abilities to detect stealthy characters yet, but that it break upon damage which mean that AOE make good stealth "detectors". Apparently, stealth was bugged for some players too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)   SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SWTOUR stuff (UPDATED WITH PVP)
Page 1 of 1