Go down 
AuthorMessage
azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Space Combat and Ships   Wed May 04, 2011 4:38 pm

mmorpg have an article about ships and space combat in TOR. They got to see the interior of the BH's ship: D5-Mantis.

There's quite a few interesting tibits in there (some we already knew).
- Travel will cost money, except when you come back from quests area (as not to trap players).
- You can travel in the ship of a friend player (but your ship will follow you).
- BH can store prisoners in their ship.
- Cosmetic mods for ship are supported by the tech, but no in the game at release. Other mods are "functional" mods (shields, weapons).
- Space combat give $ and XP and is optional.
- The space combat can evolve to become more after the game launch based on player's feedback.

I find it funny that at some point there's was a companion that could see in the BH's captain's quarter and "spy" on what was happening there.

Last edited by azarhal on Thu May 05, 2011 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Velaxi
Just Married

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Velaxi
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat and Ships   Thu May 05, 2011 12:39 am

Thanks for the update.
Nice to know they're already planning to expand the space content.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat and Ships   Thu May 05, 2011 8:10 am

The "Yay, my ships following me so I don't have to go back to the darned planet I left it at" is corny. If you ride with someone, you have to take into account that your ship wont be arriving with you pals dang (<---Selvan profanity filter...activated) ship as a "carry-on" item! Grrr

Reminds me of the whining in SWG about the 10 minute shuttle waits. I loved it. It was realistic, plus, players interacted socially while goofing off for those moments. SWG bowed to the whining, and the waits eventually went to a VERY unrealistic 1 minute...Speaking of "Unrealistic"...following ships...

CHRIS SCHWEN / GUILD CO-LEADER- CRAZIES of KORRIBAN <-CoK-> (dark) CRAZIES of the REPUBLIC <-CoR-> (light)
Back to top Go down
azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat and Ships   Thu May 05, 2011 11:24 am

What the hell do you do if you are stranded on a planet (person you came with is offline or left already)? That's why the ship is following you, beside there is at least 4-5 NPCs in it, don't tell me they can't fly the thing themselves...

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat and Ships   Thu May 05, 2011 11:26 am

My initial response was just as yours was Schwen, but then I realized it is actually more realistic for your ship to follow you. If you get to a new planet and then switch companions how did that companion get there when they didn't accompany you on your friends ship? Well they flew your ship there, of course.

EDIT: partial ninja by Az.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Combat and Ships   

Back to top Go down

Space Combat and Ships
Page 1 of 1