The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you like the forum icons?

Go down 
+4
Kai-Sun
azarhal
Ty-Odi
Selven
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Are you happy with the forum icons?
No, they are too hard to see
Do you like the forum icons? I_vote_lcap13%Do you like the forum icons? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
No, they are too noisy
Do you like the forum icons? I_vote_lcap0%Do you like the forum icons? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No, I don't want blinking icons - change the color instead.
Do you like the forum icons? I_vote_lcap13%Do you like the forum icons? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Yes, they are awesome!
Do you like the forum icons? I_vote_lcap50%Do you like the forum icons? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Yes, they're okay
 13% [ 1 ]
I don't care
Do you like the forum icons? I_vote_lcap0%Do you like the forum icons? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other (please specify)
 13% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Serenity

Do you like the forum icons? Empty
PostSubject: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:43 am

Okay, some of you may have noticed I changed the holocrons for new posts again. They are still blinking, but a bit more than yesterday and a bit less than the day before. I saw the suggestion to have icons in different colors instead. Working with this color palette is proving to be an aestetic challenge, though. I know some of you might prefer the old icons that came with the template, so I'm gonna have you all vote.

Do you want them to stay? Do you prefer icons that change color instead of blinking? The poll will be running for the rest of the weekend. So make your voice count ..if you care Smile
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:46 am

I think the whole site looks awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:49 am

Ty-Odi wrote:
I think the whole site looks awesome Smile

Aww ..thanks, but honestly, not sure you and I have a say in this matter No
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:51 am

I love the site design and I really like the blinking holocrons, but I find the red ons a bit dark when they aren't blinking.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:51 am

I feel the overall site is wonderful, just that the blinking RED color on a brown background is a bit harder to see then it needs to be.

Too many dark colors, or maybe just make it a solid color instead of blinking?

It's not THAT bad, and you do a great deal of work already on the site.

I honestly can't think of what to change them to.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:57 am

I really think the site, and the icons, for that matter look awesome. The Sith Holocrons/ Giza plateau Pyramids Wink look great...yet strangely remind me of the dreaded "SWG Hologrind(tm)"...hehe

Hey, for my posts...instead of a Holocron, I'd like the "Flux Capacitor". And, like when people have posted on it, it will be "fluxxing" Wink..hehe...j/k..(or am I??)

1.21 Gigawatts!!..Great Scott!!

*hums "Power of Love" by Huey Lewis*
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:05 am

There a way possibly to have it notify someone when they get a PM, or have the button flash?

I know it changes it's text, but I feel some people would miss it.

Just an idea, nothing that has to really be done right now or ever, depending on how people like it.

Schwendo has The Touch.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:11 am

Haha!!

Well, YOU have The Glow
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:12 am

That's probably because I spent too much time playing Fallout.

Shouldn't have kept so many things so bright I could have read by them at night.

Oh well, digging this mutant tree growing out of my head, his name's Bob!
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:21 am

I thought you would get that one, from a Martial Arts background...hehe

Its from "The Last Dragon" in the 80's Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Dragon

Its one of those "cult classics"...

Last edited by Schwendo on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:22 am

Oh god, soon as you said it.

BRUCE, LEEEROYYYY

WHO DA MASTA?

Yea we had one of my buddies had a license plate that said "Shownuff"
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:24 am

THE SHOGUN of HARLEM!! haha...nice!

Also, with Vanity reprising her role as "Crack Whore" (a REAL stretch for her)...
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:51 am

They're a bit too flashy for my tastes.

The way they were when I joined was a whole lot better in my opinion. They were still flashy, but it was a subtle flash.

So I just voted for a different color or something. I don't need the forum sections screaming at me, that's something that draws me further away from sites. Oh, you meant that with too noisy? well, if so maybe that should've been my vote.

I'll be happy if you can add an option in my personal settings to let me pick one. *runs off to check if maybe such a setting is there*
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:55 am

It's true. Personal settings would be nice, even just an 'animated icons' or 'not animated' icons (poor Selven, we are impossible to satisfy!).

I like them better as they are now, if they MUST stay animated ... but I can't pretend a simple 'dark' holocron and then a 'glowing/golden' non-animated holocron for 'new posts' wouldn't be just as classy.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:53 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
There a way possibly to have it notify someone when they get a PM, or have the button flash?

I know it changes it's text, but I feel some people would miss it.

Just an idea, nothing that has to really be done right now or ever, depending on how people like it.

Schwendo has The Touch.

In you Profile - Preferences

Check the option Display a pop-up window on new private messages

Would that help?
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Selven wrote:

Would that help?

Of course not!

We don't take kindly to logic 'round these parts missy.

<.< but hey, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:16 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Selven wrote:

Would that help?

Of course not!

We don't take kindly to logic 'round these parts missy.

<.< but hey, thanks!

Yeah, how silly of me! Do you like the forum icons? 877240
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:17 pm

I wasn't getting the PM popup due to my pop up blocker hitting the notification, set allowances so that shouldn't be a problem.

I actually had that ON the entire time. lol
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:19 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
I wasn't getting the PM popup due to my pop up blocker hitting the notification, set allowances so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hahaha!

Err....I mean .. oh!
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Selven wrote:
Kai-Sun wrote:

Hahaha!

Err....I mean .. oh!

/sits in corner

/facedesk.
Back to top Go down
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:39 am

Ok my curiousity is peeked and I can't take it anymore. I've notice that the holocrons tend to change from sith holocrons to jedi and sometimes from red jedi holocrons to blue. Also when I go to the forums with blue holocrons and come back they've changed back to red. Is this some kind of indication of views and/or recent posts??

I HAVE TO KNOW!! AHHHHH!! *tears hair out*
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:48 am

Lugaidh wrote:
Ok my curiousity is peeked and I can't take it anymore. I've notice that the holocrons tend to change from sith holocrons to jedi and sometimes from red jedi holocrons to blue. Also when I go to the forums with blue holocrons and come back they've changed back to red. Is this some kind of indication of views and/or recent posts??

I HAVE TO KNOW!! AHHHHH!! *tears hair out*

I'd say that this is probably an indication we need something a bit more uniform for the icons, so they're easier to understand what exactly is going on.

They aren't bad as is, but I think maybe there's a better way to tell "hot" topics apart from normal ones, and what color they are having been read or new replies.

Always though them turning blue was rather odd.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:38 am

The reason they change into another holocron is to indicate that those are popular threads. This is how it works on most forums I've seen. The reason I made them blue is ..well, a Star Wars thing ..hehe. Since the pyramide shaped ones are red, I thought we needed some light side colors, too Smile

If you look at the icon explanation at the bottom of the pages, you'll see what they all mean.
Do you like the forum icons? Icons15

BTW, I was planning on giving some of them a makeover, but I've been feeling a bit sick all day.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 am

Hope you're filling better Selvy

I was just thinking that it was odd that it goes from blue to red when the pyramids go from red to flashing red
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:57 am

Kai-Sun wrote:
Hope you're filling better Selvy

I was just thinking that it was odd that it goes from blue to red when the pyramids go from red to flashing red

Bah ..now he tells me ..when the poll is over! Do you like the forum icons? 45250
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the forum icons?   Do you like the forum icons? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you like the forum icons?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Hello & Welcome :) :: Forum Help & Feedback-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com