The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Serenity

Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums. Empty
PostSubject: Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums.   Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:49 pm

These rules are intended to promote healthy community interaction, but they are also intended to mirror the sentiment put forth in the Old School Community Charter. While the tenets put forth in the Old School Community Charter represent the spirit of the community rather than the letter of the law, posts violating the below rules of conduct are subject to moderation.

1) All forum interactions should be polite and civil.
The OSC lays down the framework for a return to civility in our gaming experience. Flaming, trolling, harassing, excessive profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language all undercut what is trying to be achieved here and will not be tolerated in The R.I.G. Forums. Remember; attack the subject, not the person arguing the other side.

2) Keep your posts PG-13.
Please be mindful there are a number of reasons to use discretion when posting here. Some of our users are children who don’t want their parents to look over their shoulder and pull the plug, and others might be using these forums from work. Be respectful of other people’s posting situations. In regards to images artwork, and other creative works; it is not the wish of anyone in the OSC to stifle anyone’s creative spirit. However, if the piece is Not Safe For Work, please be courteous to your fellow posters and link to it offsite, and label it NSFW.

3) Be constructive.
Avoid posting faux pas such as bumping, cross posting, pyramid quoting, /jrangering, posting in the incorrect thread, etc. Such posts tend to clutter up the posting space and make it harder for your fellow posters to find good information and participate in the discussion. Additionally, just as elder members of the community are encouraged to help newer players, those newer members are encouraged to respect the time of others by searching the forums to see if their question has already been answered.

Last edited by Selven on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums.   Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 11:45 pm

Selven wrote:

These rules are intended to promote healthy community interaction, but they are also intended to mirror the sentiment put forth in the Old School Community Charter. While the tenets put forth in the Old School Community Charter represent the spirit of the community rather than the letter of the law, posts violating the below rules of conduct are subject to moderation.

1) All forum interactions should be polite and civil.
The OSC lays down the framework for a return to civility in our gaming experience. Flaming, trolling, harassing, excessive profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language all undercut what is trying to be achieved here and will not be tolerated in The R.I.G. Forums. Remember; attack the subject, not the person arguing the other side.

2) Keep your posts PG-13.
Please be mindful there are a number of reasons to use discretion when posting here. Some of our users are children who don’t want their parents to look over their shoulder and pull the plug, and others might be using these forums from work. Be respectful of other people’s posting situations. In regards to images artwork, and other creative works; it is not the wish of anyone in the OSC to stifle anyone’s creative spirit. However, if the piece is Not Safe For Work, please be courteous to your fellow posters and link to it offsite, and label it NSFW.

3) Be constructive.
Avoid posting faux pas such as bumping, cross posting, pyramid quoting, /jrangering, posting in the incorrect thread, etc. Such posts tend to clutter up the posting space and make it harder for your fellow posters to find good information and participate in the discussion. Additionally, just as elder members of the community are encouraged to help newer players, those newer members are encouraged to respect the time of others by searching the forums to see if their question has already been answered.

I have just one question. Pyramid quoting, I'm pretty sure I know what that is (where you have a post with multiple responses to multiple posts), I just need a little clarification. I what I am thinking is correct I think it would behoove us to have some kind of step-by-step instructions on how to pull out just the quote you want from a response post cuz I've tried it and it confused the heck out of me.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums.   Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:55 am

Ah, good question Smile

Let me make a quick guide. I'll have it in the Help area in a bit.
Btw, yes that's exactly what pyramide quoting is.
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums.   Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Sorry to ask, but what is "/jrangering?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums.   Guidelines for Users of The Respect in Gaming Forums. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1