AuthorMessage
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:26 am

So We had the Hello Thread, and Ki expanded on it a bit more with their own thread so why not do the same we could also have a behind the player thread for some structure.

Behind the Player 31493_10150184932510707_633295706_1

NAME
Luken

CONTACT INFORMATION
EMAIL -
Darka@force-academy.com

MSN -
jedidarka@hotmail.com

CHARACTERS
TOR
Modos Aoda

INTEREST

MUSIC
Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Metallica. Pink Floyd, Led Zepp, Green Day, Soundgarden, Jimi Hendrix
Really into anything rock, from the heavier stuff to the lighter stuff, have a couple of guitars myself but i am pretty terrible with that sort of thing.

MOVIES
Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Watchmen, Terminator 2. Havent seen many of late and i am sure im forgetting a massive amount of films i love

GAMES
Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption, Star Wars Galaxies. Used to be big SW gamer but due to the recent few years of what i found were sub quality games i dont really play many, Halo is a great series too, while people say real gamers dont like Halo i still found it a lot of fun. And future TOR player maybe

BOOKS
Watchmen, Star Wars series, Mystic River, Most Star Wars novels but need to read some more of the ones released in the last few years

TV
South Park, Simpsons, X Files just rewatching the complete series recently, Family Guy

ABOUT YOU/BIO
Ive been playing SWG since the start, 7 years now, been following the game since the pre game forums went live in late 2000.....
Force Academy/Defenders of Peace opened 2006, i loved the idea, and the people really made the guild awesome, met some great people, and felt i fit right in, offering my experience and knowledge of the game, I took on an apprentice, and gained the rank of master in the guild, one of the very first to gain that rank.
I work full time as a Gamma Tech ( works with radiation) sadly it does not give super strength if i get angry it only kills you. Talk about false advertising! I work 5 mins from home and the job is often full on taking up time in the weekends so dont get to game as much as i used to but not that bad.
Im looking forward to TOR but im not hyped about the game thats not to say i hate it or think its going to fail, i just think you shouldnt ride the hype train...
You might have seen me around the forums some of you have been aware of some of my statements like Community being the 5th Pillar, letting TOR be TOR and that sort of thing. Learnt long ago that good people make these games great and if me or my guild who are equally looking forward to playing their roles in the community can make TOR a better experience then why not

Guild
Force Academy;Defenders of Peace

Last edited by Darka on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
archifikos

archifikos

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:59 am

Behind the Player N746335220_4042452_708

You may be wondering why I have TP wrapped around my head. To which I will answer, I really don't remember. I do remember though that it wasn't used. I do remember I wasn't drunk. Maybe I lost a game of s***head or something. Embarassed

Ahem. Anyway:

Name: Andreas

Music: Basically metal and hard rock. Favorite bands include Pink Floyd (not their earlier psychedellic work though), Nevermore, Suicidal Tendencies, In Flames and lots of others.

Movies: Taxi Driver, Alien, Star Wars ep. 4-6, Iron Man, Sin City, and others I can't remember having just woken up.

Shows: South Park (older seasons), Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Drawn Together, and of course my childhood shows like Transformers, MASK, Knight Rider and the like!

Games: Gothic 1 and 2 (with expac), Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within, Wing Commander and Privateer franchise, AvP series off the top of my head.

Books: The Silmarillion, Lord of the Rings, White Fang... Started the Foundation series as well and they're quite awesome.

About me: I work in a multimedia company, we make E-learning courses, develop websites, shoot webinars, and various other things. I enjoy being out for coffee or drinks alone or with my mates, gaming, movies and trying to understand rudiments of cosmology and astronomy.

I played WoW for a time and liked some aspects of it. Found some nice people on RP forums, and a good number of idiots unfortunately. I'm not completely sold to TOR yet (though most likely I will try it at least), but I'm hoping to find myself in a friendly positive community... Which is why I'm on these boards
:cyclops:
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:41 am

(Picture to come)

Behind the Player 24839_12

NAME
Robert Gard

CONTACT INFORMATION
EMAIL -
Tyodi@msn.com

MSN -
Tyodi@msn.com

CHARACTERS
TOR
To be decided, though my main will defo be an Inquisitor, and likely called Ty-Odi as it has been my gamer tag for ever now, lol. 

INTEREST

MUSIC

Whole wide range right here….From Metallica, ACDC, Aerosmith, to things like Prodigy, to euphoric dance, to chill out music, pretty much, even some rap and things, really depends, a good tune is a good tune as far as I am concerned  Also love Evenesence, not a typical blokey choice perhaps, but just love them. 

MOVIES
Eeek…..mega movie buff……the obvious ones Shawshank, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Iron Man, Coach Carter, Million Dollar baby (Best film ever, but can only watch it once) The replacements, New Guy……oh my, my list of films could go on, and on……lmao 

GAMES
Ok, will try to keep this one short…..gonna be hard, haha, currently playing BattleFiield 2 bad company on Xbox live an awful lot, just something very satisfying about shooting people in a game? Haha, Mass Effect of course, then there is Fable, KOTOR, (Any game made by Bioware so far…., Star Wars Galaxies (Played it since Beta, and still have an active account on Eclipse, just never play). LOTRO, currently giving this some thought as something to time fill till TOR launches, though presently doing so much other stuff that time is a problem for me, love the combat in AoC, and very nice looking game, just a shame about the lack of content. (A common theme in most MMOs made since WoW it seems) Played WoW but never really got sucked into it, I have many friends who did though, and still play it, each to there own I guess.  I love any form of racing game, love my god games like Civilization etc, Championship Manager. (scary addictive, but outside of Europe not sure how many people would have heard of this, or hold any interest in it, as its about football (Soccer to our American friends, hehe)…..ummm…what else?.....Well pretty much anything really, I am a big time gamer, pretty much games or films (Or books see below) fill the gaps between work and sleep when I have some, lol. 

BOOKS
I have read many of the extended universe books on Star Wars, loved the Vong Series, but I am more into my historical fiction, or intelligent Sci-Fi (Love the books by Asimov, if you’re a sci-fi guy, and you have not read these….for shame!! For shame!! Lol) I love Tolkien as well and have read every book he has ever written bar Farmer Giles which just does not appeal, may read it though, so it is done with, and have read all his work, lol, but one of my favourite authors is Conn Iggulden. The guys brings characters to life in a way I have never before witnessed and comes extremely highly recommended, especially his books on Genghis Khan, they are epic. Also love Wilbur Smith. Many other authors too, and I could go on and on about books every bit as much as I could about games, lol.

TV
Dexter, The Shield, Family Guy, South Park, Simpsons, Any form of documentary, and I mean ANY form, I have watched some crap I can tell you, haha 

ABOUT YOU/BIO

I have been a gamer ever since I got my first commodore 64, yup I am that old! Lol. I even wrote/coded my own games back then, no mean feat for a 8 year old, but not exactly the most complex of coding I guess, haha, then onto my Amiga 1200+ love that! Then onto PCs, have had a myriad of consols over the years, my first being the Sega Master System, Currently I have an Xbox, Playstation 3, and Wii which is pretty much just gathering dust, lol. Been an Avid MMO player, for a long, long time now, started with UO but never got into it, moved onto EQ, which was fun, just never liked the movement in it, then onto SWG, SWG is where I found my home, I have met some wonderful people in that game, and loved it right up to the NGE, the NGE killed it for me, I still stuck with it, and even have an active account still for it, I just rarely if ever log on these days. I have played a number of MMO’s other than SWG such as the ones already mentioned, but I have also Beta Tested a heck of lot more.

I am a software tester in real life, I work for one of the largest banks in the world, and work in what is known as UAT/Live & Usability testing. Basically my job is to take a supposedly finished and working as intended piece of software, once which has been tested in house by their own testing teams, and then test it to ensure I am happy with it, before it goes live out across the branch network or head office network, and you would be amazed just how many things I find that do not work as intended lol, my job entails an awful lot of sitting around and drinking coffee, waiting for patches to update, or server builds and workstation builds to complete, then an insane crazy testing phase, some of which can last an extremely long time, and involve me never seeing my bed lol. Time scales can be pretty intense to put it mildly. But its interesting enough, and is one of the reasons I would love to get in to test this game, not to see a free view or free to play test, but to actually test it, to see what is broken in a supposedly fixed and working piece of software. I am very good at what I do, and I know full well, that given this to play with, I would find all manner of bugs with it, that would hopefully then get fixed before this game went live. I think it’s a techy thing, lol, once you do something like I do for a living, you actually begin to enjoy finding problems lol, I do a little bit of work outside my day job for other people, I don’t even charge for it, if they pay me something bonus, but I leave it to them, so long as I am asked nicely, I honestly don’t mind, it’s the challenge of it I think, though I have had to turn around to one guy who’s software so awfully constructed and tell him to scrap it, and start again, I had tested it less 2 hours and found over 60 defects with it, that may not sound a lot, but that’s one every two minutes! Lol. He was a bit put out, but honestly, it would have taken him more time to fix it, than it would to have just started again, so I did him a favour even if he did not think so at the time, lol.

I am also an avid snowboarder, and January can never come around quickly enough for me, so can’t wait only 2 months to go!! Whoop!! 

Guild
Currently I am unguilded, I have been a guild leader in SWG and a couple of other games too, but for this one, I am not sure what I will do with it, temptation is their to create my old guild in this again, but equally I may just look and see who comes on here, and find a personality match hopefully with a guild, and join them? I have not decided yet Behind the Player 24839_1408749575759_1143034244_31214647_6744129_n

Last edited by Ty-Odi on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:22 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Behind the Player N643280496_1538307_6611

And me in my Kenjutsu Gi/Hakama

Behind the Player N643280496_1538253_3615

I'll fill out the rest of the info later on when I'm out of my job interviews.

NAME
Andrew

CHARACTERS
TOR

INTEREST

MUSIC

MOVIES

GAMES

BOOKS

TV

ABOUT YOU/BIO

Guild

Unnamed atm, simply because can't guarantee I'd actually be able to get the name of it when TOR launches.

Last edited by Kai-Sun on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MorgonKara
Shot First
MorgonKara

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:28 pm

Behind the Player N811774017_2197586_6953484

MORGON KARA

Matt

myythvarna@gmail.com

Interests;
Music,

I listen to anything from Indian Classical music to Death Metal. Recently I've been listening to a lot of Opeth which is a very progressive death metal/folk band from Sweden.

Gaming,

I played SWG for about 4 years on Radiant server from the end of the CU through the NGE. I was in the LOTRO beta and I currently have a free account on LOTRO's Arkenstone server. Mostly I have played singleplayer RPGs like DAO, NWN2, KOTOR, JE, ME and Star Wars titles.

Work,

I live in NYC were I studied art and work as an art handler installing exhibits in galleries and museums. I've done a bit of commercial art as well. A lot of my friends here are artists so art is a major interest. I also play guitar and have been in bands but currently I only play my own stuff for fun.

SWTOR
I'm really amped for SWTOR. I've been following since it was just a rumor and I have been registered at Bioware's website for years, so I got an email invite to the SWTOR website when it launched. Yes I have been in game testing, no I won't (can't) talk about it. NDA etc.

I'm looking forward to playing with you all in SWTOR. I'm thinking of either making a Scoundrel or a Consular to start. Bounty Hunter is another one that stands out to me, it's hard to choose.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:37 am

Behind the Player Ghostb13

Variable

Name:
Drew (since there is already one Andrew on the board Wink )

Interests
Music: I'm pretty all over the place. I started developing my own taste for music during the grunge period, so bands like Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, STP, and the like will always have a special place in my heart for those types of bands. After that, its whatever strikes a chord. I like hiphop, country (especially the Texas Hillcountry variety), hard rock, classical, you name it. If I had to be pressed for my all time favorite? I'd have to say The Roots just for pure musicianship and versitility. Plus, as a drummer myself, Amir Thompson is one of the greats IMO.

Gaming: Again, I'm all over the place here as well. I used to stay away from FPS's, but have found myself branching out recently with Bioshock 2 and Borderlands. As mentioned above, I play the drums as a hobby, so of course I have Rockband 3 as one of my favs. I think my favorite genre tends to be of the RPG variety, as I was big into EQ1 (3 years), CoH/V (5 years), and I'm currently playing WoW. While I had friends who played SWG, I never quite made it over there, as I was pretty involved in CoH/V. To date, it is still my favorite MMORPG that I've played.

Work: I currently work at the MCC at the Johnson Space Center here in Houston and I've been here for almost 5 years. If all goes well, by the end of the Shuttle program, I'll have worked the last 25 Shuttle missions, and hope to work the next manned space program (whatever/whenever Congress decides on something Rolling Eyes ). In addition to that, I'm in the Air National Guard and have one Iraq tour under my belt.

SWTOR: I grew up on Star Wars, and I love BioWare games, so a marriage of the two has me really excited. I originally wanted to roll a Bounty Hunter, but my wife has informed me that she will be playing the BH, so I think I've settled on starting an Agent. Although recently the dark side of the Force has been vying for my attention, so I don't think I've thuroughly made up my mind yet. In all honesty, I will probably try every class.
Back to top Go down
archifikos

archifikos

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:35 am

Variable wrote:

Name:

Actually there are three of us! Except I go by the original Greek name, Andreas Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:15 pm

archifikos wrote:
Variable wrote:

Name:

Actually there are three of us! Except I go by the original Greek name, Andreas Laughing

Our world domination is almost complete!

You can call me anything, just not late for dinner.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:54 pm

I, for one, welcome our new Andrew overlords. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Variable wrote:
I, for one, welcome our new Andrew overlords. Razz

At least the Germans still love David Hasslehoff, so you'll always have one place to go Razz
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:44 am

Me 4:26 AM in the morning. Enjoy.

NAME
Naim

CHARACTERS
TOR

Elu Ang, Baran Do Fugitive/Martial Artist (Sith Inquisitor/Jedi Consular)

INTERESTS

I play/compose music, posses basic video editing skills, write poetry and other silly stuff, do digital art... But if there's something I really enjoy it's hanging out with my close friends (and hopefully doing one of the aforementioned activities at the same time).

MUSIC

KoRn is my favorite band. The list beyond that is massive, but I'll mention a few; Frank Zappa (& The Mothers), Lamb of God, Leb i Sol, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Pantera, Mustasch, Tool/A Perfect Circle, a shitload of various drum'n'bass/dubstep/jungle artists, including Pendulum, Maximum the Hormone, Pentangle, Rammstein, Salah Edin, Swizz Beatz... the list goes on. All in all my spectrum is very broad and I am very open minded - I tend to be allergic to pop and cheap house (don't worry - I'm not afraid of a good dance tune).

MOVIES

Apocalypse Now, The Notebook, American Psycho, Star Wars hectology (we'll call it that).

GAMES

Final Fantasy In General, VII in particular, Halo series, Reach in particular, Civilization series, Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I play a lot more, but these would be my favorites.

BOOKS

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, The Stranger by Albert Camus.

TV

Family Guy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Clone Wars CGI Animated Series.

ABOUT YOU/BIO

An annoying, somewhat cynical kid originally from Bosnia (though born in Sweden) who loves most things but at the same time despises them all. I have a very shitcare attitude toward life. I do not like debating about religion or other philosophies, since no answer or agreement can ever truly be reached, lest it be in total ignorance or blood. I hate and oppose war and violence in every form, and am not afraid to scold someone supporting anything related to it. I am as of recently 17 years old.

Last edited by Horeon on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:29 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:02 pm

Behind the Player Schwennnenemar094
(Honeymoon in Las Vegas! - *Insert silly, "I got soOoOo wasted" story here Smile*

PLAYER NAME:

Schwendo ("Schwen" for short)

GUILD:

Crazies of Gorath <-CoG-> (SWG)

Crazies of Korriban <-CoK-> (TOR)

Crazies of the Republic <-CoR-> (TOR 2)

SWToR CHARACTERS:

Quarashi Wahr-Schwen (Dark / Sith Inquisitor- Assassin)

Qui-Gone Schwinn (Light / Jedi Knight- Sentinel)

St.Louis (sometimes San Diego) USA

CONTACT INFORMATION:

EMAIL -
djschwen@yahoo.com

INTERESTS:

Gaming, Dj'ing, Music, WWII Reenacting (not glorifying war, educational), Hockey, Cooking, life...

MUSIC:

Janes Addiction, Nine Inch Nails, Primus, Rush, The Shins, Descendants, Beastie Boys, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Blind Melon, Led Zeppelin, U2 (old), R.E.M (ditto), Red Hot Chili Peppers (ditto ditto), Rage Against the Machine, Stone Temple Pilots, CIV, Suicidal Tendencies, NWA, Public Enemy, RUN DMC, Van Halen (Roth), The Ramones, Parliament/ Funkadelic, James Brown, David Guetta, Robbie Rivera, Benny Benassi, Floorfilla, Any House/Electro/Techno, Anything Motown, Bluegrass, Classical...

Being a Disk Jockey, I've am around a vast amount of music. I love most genres, basically, anything but newer hip-hop (plodding to me), and country (....) ...Guilty pleasure: I actually dig the new "House-Pop" in the US. A nice change from slow hip-hop, and, easier to "move the floor"!!

MOVIES:

Star Wars (All), Band of Brothers (HBO mini-series), The Pacific (HBO mini- series), The Cross of Iron, Lord of the Rings, Aliens, Avatar, Saving Private Ryan, Dawn of the Dead (original), Day of the Dead (original), ..in short, WWII ,Sci-fi, and Zombies are my favorites...

GAMES:

Star Wars Galaxies, Call of Duty...not much else ATM..

BOOKS:

SWToR Fatal Alliance, WWII books, History books...

TV:

Walking Dead, Family Guy, Clone Wars, Colbert Report, South Park, Simpsons, movies,..

ABOUT YOU/ BIO:

*Ive also been playing SWG since the start on Gorath...

*II am from the Illinois side of St. Louis.

*I currently own a proffessional dj company, and lead it from the front. I do 3-5 shows a week myself, plus 3-5 other shows with my employees. I love music, obviously, hehe.

*I served active duty in the United States Marine Corps throughout most of the 90's in the Infantry. Wounded by grenade fragments saving a fellow Marine from a grenade incident in training. (wounds healed)

*I am currently married (Renee, pictured above), and, expecting a son any day now!

SUMNATION: I am a carefree person with a humorous take on life. Love having a good time, and interacting with like-minded fun, outgoing people. If you all ever need any IG help, i'll be there. Can't wait to get to know you all better as the sand leaves the hourglass, and TOR looms...

Behind the Player Rockford10BOOMAsmall1

Behind the Player Rockford10BOOMBsmall1

Thats me on the front left. BOOM!, and we're blow'd up!! (Rockford, Illinois 2010)

<END OF TRANSMISSCHWEN>

Last edited by Schwendo on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:08 pm

As much as a love a tired face in the morning Very Happy could you please size the pics down a notch so that they're inline with the rest of the post?

Behind the Player Sig12
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Changed it to a link, tried resizing but it didn't work Sad
Back to top Go down
Crimson Black

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Behind the Player Evil11

NAME
Nat. Forgive the slightly manic look in the picture.

Those great British Isles! Usually either in Dartmouth/Plymouth/London/Edinburgh. Originally from Germany. I have no permanent home, so to speak.

CHARACTERS

I have no idea and it's probably going to stay that way! I have a mate who has his heart set on a smuggler, but I want to roll an Imperial agent... and as I've only ever MMO'd with him we will decide on a side. I love playing the healer, so either IA or JC.

INTERESTS

Science Fiction in all her guises. Fantasy, obviously, with Tolkien being at the forefront. Horror, as I love HP Lovecraft. Otherwise I enjoy distance running and writing (not at the same time though. That's... difficult).

MUSIC

Um... I like Tom Waits, love his voice and sentiment. Am a fan of Jami Sieber after playing Braid. The White Stripes are good too! I play the electric guitar, piano and the highland bagpipes, none to a particularly high level, but I enjoyed them nonetheless - where enjoyment is an inverse correlation of others' enjoyment of them. Wink

MOVIES

Dances with Wolves, Lord of the Rings, Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World, Creation, Sunshine, Kingdom of Heaven.

GAMES

I don't often get a chance to play, much to my chagrin, but I like anything Bioware, any of the Total War series, Star Wars up to Jedi Academy. MMO wise I used to play a lot of LotRO, and WoW before that. Dabbled in EVE Online too, which is why I like the recent crew skills update so much.

BOOKS

Oh, where does one start?! Tolkien, Iain M. Banks, Alastair Reynolds, Diarmaid Mccullough. Richard Dawkins, Alastair McGrath, Karen Armstrong, Ralf Isau, Cliver Barker, HP Lovecraft, Arthur Machen, Robert Jordan... it could go on but you have limited patience. Wink

TV

Don't watch TV per se, but in terms of TV series I like Battlestar Galactica, 24, Rome, House... but curiously not Clone Wars.

ABOUT YOU/BIO

I'm afraid I'm going to annoy Horeon and all pacifists somewhat here. I'm an Officer Cadet in phase 2 training in the UK Royal Navy, so unfortunately my job is death and destruction - if you want to view it that way (I don't!). I'm very much encouraged by all those members here who've served in the US Military (Schwendo etc) in showing that a bloke can belong to a military force and still enjoy their geekiness. In cliche world, I'm a solitary guy with a weird sense of humour. Thought you'd like to know that my eyebrows are going white. Oh, and I'm 23! Still a youngling I'm afraid. Razz
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 6:48 pm

NAME
Stryklone

13 in curiosity, 87 before morning coffee, normally over 50

CONTACT INFORMATION:
EMAIL -
Living in deathly fear of spam bots getting it, but humans could use my name and guess the where by getting warm.

CHARACTERS
As an old D&D guy (wrote a very little of the text and rules for AD&D 2nd Edition) I tend to dredge up my character names from then. If they fit in the TOR universe they'll be:
Mjolnir
Mistenthadd
Qu'ar Seng
Dragonfang
Thalabar

INTERESTS:
MUSIC
Mike Oldfield, Styx, Bob Seger, Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, rock opera.
If a song has lyrics, clear ones are pleasant; it a song has musical notes, I prefer more than two.

MOVIES
Casablanca, Lord of the Rings, The Black Stallion (1978), Superman, Braveheart, Metropolis (1927), Young Frankenstein, The Empire Strikes Back, Airplane!, A Simple Plan, The Three Musketeers (1948), Somewhere In Time, and more. The cinema is a terrible place to see movies. However it's a fantastic place for people to talk or use a brightly lit smartphone.

GAMES
First computer game played was in 1977. Not many since then but maximum use and length from each one. Recently dug out Baldur's Gate, KotOR, and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy to play again with my old discs with a revisit to the Mechwarrior land perhaps in the future. Now and then I putter through Dragon Age: Origins and Total War: Napoleon.

Since the late 1990s MMOs have been Asheron's Call (until lag became too much), Ultima Online (until those who played me in PvP were always cussing and screaming), Star Wars Galaxies (until the CU), Dungeons & Dragons Online (until the item shop), and Lord of the Rings Online (also until the item shop). Coming up, SWTOR (unless it has an item shop with anything more than purely cosmetic). Money isn't my objection; it has to do with fairness.

BOOKS
Way too numerous to categorize or list, been reading since age 3. Over the last few years mainly a mix of historical research and Dean Koontz. Only Star Wars stuff ever has been the original comic books (late 1970s) and Timothy Zahn's novels.

TV
Nothing for a while. Have complete DVD sets of 24, Babylon 5, and The Prisoner (1960s).

ABOUT YOU/BIO
Legendary patience, reliable insight. Like things simple in real life and complicated in games. Can lead in either but following is a lot more relaxing! Former jack-of-all-trades. Former actor, well travelled in the USA. Current fiction writer, formerly well travelled in parts of Great Britain, the kind of guy who always keeps calm in an emergency. The only situations I won't find humor in are ones where people are elitist or rude. Schedule? My life is way too erratic and changeable on short notice to have one of those.

Guild
Game by game so far. Not a raider since I don't like the repetition of it; no PvP since Ultima Online days of yore (see above). Not much of a forum guy once a game goes live. Even with all that I became an officer in my last MMO for two reasons: outlasting all those who popped in then left for other games after a few months Smile and I still dropped everything to help out the new members or strangers.

Last edited by Stryklone on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Stryklone wrote:

13 in curiosity, 87 before morning coffee, normally over 50

Haha, good stuff!

Last edited by Kai-Sun on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UK

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:35 pm

Sorry this is late Smile, Ill post a picture when ever some one has the time to tell me how lol

NAME
Mike S

CONTACT INFORMATION
EMAIL -
mike.sandoz@yahoo.com

CHARACTERS:
I only played one MMO for any real length of time and that was SWG my toon there was Ukof-von something or other but every one called me UK for short (the name was made up by me for RP love that stuff lol)

INTEREST:

MUSIC: I like most music, my favs would have to be Death and black Metal, psychedelic, umm almost everything by the Beatles, techno ... basically if its not rap or country ill like it Smile

MOVIES: sifi, sifi thrillers, horror, action, anything thats not a chick flick or a sports movie and ill watch it

GAMES: Love them, of course anything starwars related Smile, games are a perfect way to escape the bordom and stress of life sad part is you some times have to come back to reality.

BOOKS:I dont read books, just short stories Razz

TV:Simpsons, family guy, ATHF, adult swim lol

ABOUT YOU/BIO:

I am pretty honest, if you ask me a question i will not sugar coat it. I will bend my self like a pretzel to help you out and will not ask for anything in return. I extend those same attributes in game. I am constantly sacrificing my happiness to help a friend or stranger feel that much better about them selves. Over the years I have come to realize its the only thing im really really good at so I guess why waste a gift Smile positive thought people its what helps make the world turn round. That and money apparently. Smile

GUILD:Any guild Ty joins ill more then likely try to join Smile

Last edited by UK on Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 pm

UK wrote:
Sorry this i.......

<SNIP>

GUILD:Any guild Ty joins ill more then likely try to join Smile

Have I not got rid of you once?......../sigh.....LOL Smile

Just kidding UK will be good to hook up again in this game Smile I need to have my lacky in TOR after all Wink hehehe Smile

Behind the Player Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:05 am

no picture (the only one I have online is me at 2 years old)

NAME
Claudine

Québec, Canada (yep, I'm a French Canadian)

CONTACT INFORMATION
EMAIL - morhilane.mor at gmail.com

CHARACTERS
TOR => See this thread.

INTEREST

MUSIC
Opera, Classic, Metal, New Age, Japanese... everything actually, unless it's rap, hip hop or western.

MOVIES
I don't watch lots of movies, but I really liked Braveheart and the 1st Star Wars trilogy.

GAMES
RPGs! PC Western ones, never owned a console. Special place in my heart for Baldur's Gate 2 (my first game), Deux Ex (best game ever) and DAoC (my first MMO). I also like the first Call of Duty and Half-Life.

BOOKS
Scifi, Detective, Fantasy, Psycho stuff. Asimov is one of my favourite author.

TV
I didn't watch TV since BSG season 2 ended, beside the news...I do watch fansubbed Japanese animes, when I find a good series. My problem is that I spend to much time in front of my monitor...

OTHERS
Computers, Space, Spaceships!, drawing (a long time ago, I'm just doodling now).

ABOUT YOU/BIO
I have a past?

I'm the youngest of a family of 3 (one brother, one sister) and I still live with my parents (it's close to where I work and it make it cheaper for all of us). I have a BSc in Computer Science + Math and I work in the "wonderful" world of Smart Metering. I'm both a cynic and I use sarcasm a lot. I was once accused of being too serious too, not sure why. I love to help others (but you might need to ask first) and I have a "protector" instinct (I'm kind of like the White Knight). My sister once said that I was to women what macho are to men. I'm still trying to understand what the hell that meant. I get along with both guys, unless they are the type to be offended that a women is better at something than they are, and girls. I apparently have an opinion about everything, but I don't always feel like arguing.

GUILD
None, well beside that guild of three I created with two of my friends (married couple) in DDO. I did said that I might join that guild called something like Serenity for TOR...and maybe invade Darka's Academy with a character. We will see.

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:08 am

[quote="Ty-Odi"]
UK wrote:

Just kidding UK will be good to hook up again in this game Smile I need to have my lacky in TOR after all Wink hehehe Smile

Lol silly Ty you cant get rid of me, i'm like gliter or herpies sure you may not see my for a while but I will always show back up Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 am

[quote="UK"]
Ty-Odi wrote:
UK wrote:

Lol silly Ty you cant get rid of me, i'm like gliter or herpies sure you may not see my for a while but I will always show back up Razz lol

Hehe Smile

Yeah I thought I felt a itch coming on.......rofl Very Happy

Behind the Player Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:07 am

I have finally taken the time to post in here. You guys are really posting way too much - I am probably missing about 100 posts as I write this single one Razz

Behind the Player Martin10
I am the guy in the background. No, just messing with you, but that would have been kind of funny. Smile
Sorry about the filtering but I am just a bitch for that

NAME
Jérôme

Geneva in the country of chocolate and cheese (although arguably the latter might fit better for France) and watches and I'm certain other stuff too.

CONTACT INFORMATION
EMAIL -
jnp.mcl@gmail.com

IM -
Currently not using it, but might update this.

CHARACTERS
TOR
Undecided as of now. I have some ideas, but I want to wait until I make my decision. Name will probable not be Grome but something else. Iarom Pherick is someting that has been wandering my mind. What do you think about that by the way?

INTEREST

MUSIC
In no particular order
Radiohead, Roxy Music, Pink Floyd, The Smiths, The Pixies, Franz Ferdinand, David Bowie are just some of the numerous groups I really enjoy. I have also switching periods of taste. I have listened a lot to Dire Straits, Incubus, Billy Talent, Elvis, The Beatles, Queen, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and many other bands at times and then just took a break (which doesn't mean I wouldn't listen to it anymore, I just enjoy other stuff more now), because you just can't listen to all you like at the same time.
Let's leave the groups behind us and put a label on it, to give it a more clear structure...
Alternative Rock, RocknRoll, Classic Rock, Glam Rock, Progressive Rock, House, Minimal, Classical, and I occasionally really enjoy listening to some old school pop à la Outkast or Smash Mouth. And while these are probably my main fields of interest, I go deep in almost every direction there is. Blues, a little RnB, some fine Hip Hop, Ska and whatnot.
I even like the Backstreet Boys.

MOVIES
This year: Shutter Island, Inception.
In general I am a huge fan of movies made by Quentin Tarantino, Martin Scorsese and Christopher Nolan. So many great movies have been produced by these people.
To bring up an old classic too: Once Upon a Time in the West.
Fight Club Wink

GAMES
Mass Effect, Fallout, KoTOR, Mafia
With buddies: Pro Evolution Soccer, good ol' N64 Smash Bros. and more
These would probably be my all time favorites I guess...

BOOKS
Not easy. I did not read that many SW books yet but I certainly devoured the Darth Bane trilogy. Other than that, Kafka is probably my favorite writer, but I do enjoy a good written play from Shakespeare, Schiller and the likes. Albert Camus' Stranger was a great Book, as was The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga.
Certainly forgetting some but I like these here very much.

TV
Currently: American Dad, Dexter, Gossip Girl (yes...), Boardwalk Empire, White Collar, always looking for new promising series.
Friends probably being my all time favorite here. I could just watch it over and over again.
Football aka soccer obviously Wink

ABOUT YOU/BIO
I have obviously not as large a record as you guys in gaming but ever since I played my first game on Windows 3.1 I was hooked. Then there were the good old Nintendos (super and 64). MMO wise I started off with Ragnarok Online on private servers with a pal and that was such a great experience even though (or maybe because) in total contrast to WoW's success formula. I then played WoW, Guild Wars and a lot of other MMOs, foremost f2p but also p2p, that I did not stick long enough with for them to be mentioned here. In hindsight I'd say I had my best times either in RO or GW. I will almost certainly never pick up WoW again. I am kind of sad to have sort of missed the SWG wagon. Sounds like an awesome MMO and it's SW.

Other than gaming, in real life I am a superhero that rescues lost little cats from trees and roofs.
And as a cover for that I study Business Administration here in Geneva. Don't know what to tell you about that really, as it should be pretty well known.

Hobby-wise I have been a constant switcher all my life and done so many things I'm not even gonna try to list them. jocolor
However I currently play Badminton and almost can't get enough of it. I'm gonna pick up some RocknRoll dancing class sometime within the next year too and maybe start having a look at tennis. And I will probably go a little into Tchoukball as well, if I find the time (look it up on youtube if you don't know what it is - which is almost certainly the case).
Other than that I have always enjoyed photography and still do and the involved editing (although I try to keep it to a minimum), had a photoshopping phase a few years back... Well.

Oh, and almost forgot something here too. I am actually not a Swiss fella but German/French (double nationality). I speak both German and French fluently, as well as English you might have casually noticed. It's not like I'm a native speaker though, but I think my accent is actually quite decent Razz Well you will certainly hear me in VC someday.
I am quite the mover, if you will, and have moved so often I stopped counting. But I can give you the countries I have lived in: Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland. And I am pretty sure I will add more to the list. I am just kind of an internationally global guy lol.

Guild
None yet, as I am not completely clear about my objectives. But you can be sure that once I figure that out, you will have to be expecting my ambush of allowing your guild to ask me to join you. "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience

Last edited by Grome on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:11 am

Jérôme

Grome

Clever Gator.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:15 am

Kai-Sun wrote:
Jérôme

Grome

Clever Gator.
Oh, I had never noticed.

E: I just remembered I first wanted to bring the Andrew joke (Hey, my name is Andrew, that makes four of us!).

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Behind the Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Player   Behind the Player I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Behind the Player
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next