Respect In Gaming

HomeRegisterLog in

Server priority

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What one aspect is most important for you in choosing a server for RiG?
I want it to be a PvP server.
Server priority I_vote_lcap11%Server priority I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 8 ]
I want it to be a PvE server.
Server priority I_vote_lcap23%Server priority I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 16 ]
I want it to be an RP server.
Server priority I_vote_lcap10%Server priority I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 7 ]
I want it to be a PvP-RP server.
Server priority I_vote_lcap25%Server priority I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 18 ]
I want the server to be West coast of the US.
Server priority I_vote_lcap3%Server priority I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
I want the server to be East coast of the US.
Server priority I_vote_lcap10%Server priority I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 7 ]
I want the server to be European.
Server priority I_vote_lcap13%Server priority I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 9 ]
I want the server to be Oceanic.
Server priority I_vote_lcap1%Server priority I_vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
I want something not listed (please elaborate)
Server priority I_vote_lcap4%Server priority I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 71

AuthorMessage
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Basically, if you could only choose one aspect of a server in deciding where we would like to have the RiG community, what would it be? What is most important to you? Server type? Location?

Now, keep in mind we have NO idea what the rulesets will be. There is a temporary poll to get some generic feedback on what everyone is thinking. For all we know, a "PvE" server could be like WoW's (consensual PvP only), or it could be like WAR's core servers (there is still open world PvP in designated areas of each zone). So interpret at your will, and maybe elaborate why you chose your decision.

If you feel I'm missing something... my apologies. I'm covering what I feel to be the basics.
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:03 pm

RP-PvP, that is ofcourse assuming it'd be an option and we'd have a strong enough community to make it enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:08 pm

I voted RP, but I would like RP-PVP more, but I can compromise. European would be good, as well, but I have good enough internet for the US-based servers anyway, so it's not a massive problem.

The trend seems to be European though, if you just look at how many of us are from Europe.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:12 pm

It's really too early for me to decide, I have players with all sorts of preferences and I'd really need to talk to those that'd be in my guild (with also considering the majority of the RIG) before I can really commit to anything.

Going to go for what makes the most of us happy.

For me personally no server is a deal breaker.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Server location or type is not that big a deal to me, mostly as I will find all the elements in them anyways.

EU or US is neither here nor there for me, though for the majority of people I would say and East Coast server would be best perhaps?

PVP, RP, or PVE though?

Well PVP is only gonna draw me in again, if it is fun once again, if it is a L33T spew fest, then I will do as I always do and step away from it. Its just no fun for me.

RP? I love RP nowadays, really got into it in SWG, but again server type needing to be RP? perhaps, but again, enough decent people on a server means I will find it anyways.

PVE? This one is a tough one, I am not a hardcore Raider, never have been, and likely never will be, its just too much time and dedication to get there, and also if this game becomes yet another gear treadmill it will soon get old and boring.

I think to surmise, personally I would love it if we had enough people to make server type choice null in void.

I would personally love to just have awesome people and guilds who loved all 3 of these types of gaming indivually or collectively and then just make all of those aspects work on one server.

I am a dreamer I know, hehe Smile But I think if the people are there, any of those 3 elements would just be awesome anyways Smile

Server priority Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:16 pm

I voted PvP. Why? Because even though I equally love PvE and PvP, open-world PvP just holds a special place in my heart. The thought of not having it, especially in TOR, is something I don't think I could go without. And I voted PvP and not RP-PvP because not many MMOs have that type of server, so if I had to choose between just RP and PvP, I'd go with PvP.

Where the server is based physically won't matter to me too much, unless it starts to severely affect my performance. If RiG decides to roll on a European server, I will give it a try of course. But if it starts to take the fun out of the game due to lag, I might have to consider rolling my chars on a server a little closer to home. But that is all up in the air so we will see! Obviously I want to go where RiG goes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:

I am a dreamer I know, hehe Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xB4dbdNSXY

I don't mind a good spot o PVP, and I've got a lot of people who'd enjoy it. Open World PVP would be a blast, I'm just trying to think of long term with the guild in mind. I guess I'm just afraid of the griefers, since we won't be able to completely get rid of them. Hopefully RIG will make it a non issue, so that should someone be being griefed, there might be someone on hand to help. For myself I don't care, as long as the guild is happy.
Just want to make all my people happy, I can only really think of one of them right now that'd not really be inclined to play on a PVP server but, that's because they don't has as much an interest in PVP and tend to solo content.

As for location, I'm about the same as Gamewhizx, I've already got moderate lag from playing on the server I play on for wow (the gateway for it is in california,) I'm not sure how well I'd be able to do something across the pond...but I'd sure give it a hell of a go!

Last edited by Kai-Sun on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Velaxi
Just Married
Velaxi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Velaxi
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Platinum

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:23 pm

Well, the ability to choose 2 would have been good, since there's combinations of the above you're asking us to prioritize.

I.E. -> East Coast NA -> PvE

Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:34 pm

Open World PVP would be so amazing if it was like it was in the days of Pre-CU SWG. By that I mean it was done respectfully, and everyone could choose whether or not they were overt or covert to stop the griefing.

That is my only concern with Open World PVP in some games, the amount of times I would simply get ganked when loading in, or whilst I had nipped to the loo or to grab a drink or something was unreal.

It can get so annoying, and option to choose overt or covert would help elimiate some of this, and if they do indeed have open world PVP servers, I really hope this is an option they put onto them. There is nothing worse than a fully kitted maxed level char just running around beating up on newbie players and thinking they are amazing for doing it....

I dunno, lets see what they come up with, and I think we need to do that really before any of us can make any kind of informed decision on server type.

Location of server? I will go with the majority on this one. It really does not affect me, I have fibre optic anyways, so lag is rarely if ever an issue for me, being English speaking, I have always prefered an East Coast server over an EU one, though I speak a little french and a little german, I often get utterly lost when playing with people who speak and type those languages at a million miles an hour, lol. So yes, for me, east coast US would likely be a preference, but not a deal breaker if people wanted something else.

I rarely sleep anyways so timezones are just not an issue either hehe Smile

Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Velaxi wrote:
Well, the ability to choose 2 would have been good, since there's combinations of the above you're asking us to prioritize.

I.E. -> East Coast NA -> PvE

I left it one option because I was just trying to get a feel of where everybody's priorities lie. I'm sure once we know specifics, we'll do official polls... One for server location, the other for server type, in order to determine where RiG will setup shop.
Back to top Go down
Snakezzz

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:38 pm

I voted RP-PVP, and i would prefer a EU server. But seeing that many are from US, i could agree to roll on East Cost server thats 6-7 hours diffrence from central europe. West Cost server would be to big time diffrence in my mind. So i feel east cost is a in between option that hopefully west cost players can agree on, it lets uss play togetherin the middle so to speak. Smile

Lag should not be a problem at all, its not a FPS, so ping of 150-200 is ok playing TOR i think Smile

Back to topic about playstyle, im mainly a PVE player, but like to do my PVE content on a PVP server Smile
With a great comunity i dont fear that gankers will destroy my gameing experience Smile

Thats part of what R.I.G is about i think Smile
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:

Location of server? I will go with the majority on this one. It really does not affect me, I have fibre optic anyways, so lag is rarely if ever an issue for me, being English speaking, I have always prefered an East Coast server over an EU one, though I speak a little french and a little german, I often get utterly lost when playing with people who speak and type those languages at a million miles an hour, lol. So yes, for me, east coast US would likely be a preference, but not a deal breaker if people wanted something else.

To quote this part, I second the Eastern server. I think it's a happy medium for most of our members from what I gather, (except for Oceanic, but I don't know if anyone is there... correct me if I'm wrong). I just have a feeling European servers are gonna beat my internet to a pulp, since I'm the west coast of the US.

Again, though, we don't know what we don't know!
Back to top Go down
Lednik

Lednik

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Voted European. I have excellent internet connection but nevertheless an american server is not an option for me, unfortunately. I am located in Bulgaria, which is +2 GMT. It means 8 PM East Coast time would be something like...i don't know, 3 AM my time? I wouldn't be able to participate in raids or any other events. Actually i would never meet most of you guys online. So, i am limited to European servers.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:50 pm

Gamewiz wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:

To quote this part, I second the Eastern server. I think it's a happy medium for most of our members from what I gather, (except for Oceanic, but I don't know if anyone is there... correct me if I'm wrong). I just have a feeling European servers are gonna beat my internet to a pulp, since I'm the west coast of the US.

Again, though, we don't know what we don't know!

I would personally agree and say its the middle ground as well.

It enables the most amount of people from different zones to play together.

I have played on east coast servers since I started in MMOs. And I have rarely if ever noticed an issue whilst playing from the UK, I have played with people from all over Europe, all over the US and Canada, as well as a number of Australian based players as well. And everyone seemed to be able to play together just fine Smile

I think server location is something many of us europeans should give some thought and bare this in mind, our broadband speeds are far quicker than those in the US (for the most part anyways). Most of Europe now is Fibre Optic, compared to it only being about 20/30% or so of the US presently, at least that was the case last time I looked? It enables us to play on US servers far easier than the other way round.

Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:53 pm

Lednik wrote:
Voted European. I have excellent internet connection but nevertheless an american server is not an option for me, unfortunately. I am located in Bulgaria, which is +2 GMT. It means 8 PM East Coast time would be something like...i don't know, 3 AM my time? I wouldn't be able to participate in raids or any other events. Actually i would never meet most of you guys online. So, i am limited to European servers.

Depends entirely. Smile

By that I mean, you may not meet some of members based on the west coast perhaps, but as we have already seen there are a number of us who are EU based, meaning that you would always have us to kick around with Smile

And you know full well when this bad boy goes live, there will be some all nighters!! hehehe, and then you will indeed get to meet some of the guys who are based on the other side of the pond. If this game is like many others I have played, you will also see an awful lot of people on weekends, people who log in at all manner of random hours. (I swear some people just do not sleep??) lol.

Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Basically what Ty-Odi said, if there's enough Euro players you won't really have a problem.

However, that is not to say we'd not be considerate and seriously consider a server closer to you.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:

I am a dreamer I know, hehe Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xB4dbdNSXY

I totally saw this coming when I saw the youtube link.

I voted PvP. Open world PvP just would have to be part of the deal. As for RP or not RP... I've never seriously tried it, I think I might be able to enjoy it. But on occasion I just want to have the option to be casual while playing, which is not possible on RP-PvP.

European server would be preferred in terms of the distance, however English would be the hugely preferred language (and I think we pretty much agree about that part).

In my opinion choosing the server location is really only a question of lag (not about being online, as there seems to be a rather nice variety). Now, I moved some time ago, so I am not even sure how good my connection is. I'll have to see about that.
Back to top Go down
ShavedEwok

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:59 pm

Voted PvP, but it would of course depend on a number of factors (many of which are currently unknown).

Hopefully we'll get some info soon about server types and structure.

Cheers

SE
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:08 pm

ShavedEwok wrote:
Voted PvP, but it would of course depend on a number of factors (many of which are currently unknown).

Hopefully we'll get some info soon about server types and structure.

Cheers

SE

My guess is we probably won't get this kind of info until only a couple months or so prior to launch. Just a hunch, though.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:46 pm

I'm pretty well down for whatever. I like PvP, though not necessarily open world PvP, and I've never really RP'd that much (though I'm not opposed to the idea if the mood strikes me). So I just put PVE server as that will be the only thing that isn't based on a whim for me.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:14 pm

I love to do everything, I can't pick. I do favour PvP, if people here favour PvP. So I guess I'll pick the safe choice of PvE...

Server timezone, I don't really care, but I'm EST...as long as I don't have too much lag (I played games on servers on the West once or twice and I didn't have too much trouble. It's about equidistant to Europe for me) .

And like a few others, Open PvP could be a problem with griefers, but Damion Schubert and BioWare don't seems to have that much love for them from what I have seen (small comments here and there). Damion once said that they didn't want higher level players to be disruptive of the lowbies...when talking about PvE.

Gamewiz wrote:
To quote this part, I second the Eastern server. I think it's a happy medium for most of our members from what I gather, (except for Oceanic, but I don't know if anyone is there... correct me if I'm wrong).

Darka is in New Zealand from what I remember.

Just Married
Velaxi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Velaxi
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Platinum

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:22 pm

azarhal wrote:
... favour... favour...
Your Canadialandish origins are showing....

Jus' Sayin'.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 pm

I really couldn't care less about server regions. As long as there isn't a language barrier and it doesn't affect my connection speed I'll be just capital wherever we end up.

On the type of server I chose PVP-RP. I did so because I used to be on a PVE server and a hardcore raider but now, like Ty, I have had my fill of that. It just became too much work. If I wanted to do homework I'd go back to school.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:55 pm

Velaxi wrote:
azarhal wrote:
... favour... favour...
Your Canadialandish origins are showing....

Jus' Sayin'.

lol!

Well all that suggests to me is our good Canadian friends, still speak and write proper English!! Smile

Hehehe.

Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:

Well all that suggests to me is our good Canadian friends, still speak and write proper English!! Smile

Hehehe.

Thankfully American English is a recognized dialect? <.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server priority Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server priority
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next