The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings RIG

Go down 
+4
Ty-Odi
azarhal
Selven
ginderhulk
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ginderhulk

Greetings RIG Empty
PostSubject: Greetings RIG   Greetings RIG I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:10 pm

Hello all, ginderhulk here, some know me by my RP character's name Cal. I just read the thread that Ty-Odi put up on the SWTOR forums and I would like to say I couldn't agree more. I feel that not only is it a responsibility for gamers to help newbies with mechanics and gameplay, but I feel that as a Roleplayer, we need to help others who are interested in Rping as well. I remember when I first started out in SWG, I had no idea what Rping was. A mentor, and now a friend, guided me with it and now I can't play any MMO unless there is an active RPing community present. I know that to some seasoned Rpers it feels like you are talking to a wall when teaching the fundamentals of good RP to a beginner, but be patient! I know I am going on a rant here but let me finish with a little example. Back when I used to RP in SWG, Starsider server for those who are familir with it, we used to often joke about the "Eisley Rpers". These people were very green to roleplaying. They would often equip Stormtrooper armor and harrass other Rpers (and Non-Rpers) with phrases like "im gonna have to arrest you for wearing jedi robes". Now it may seem ridiculous to humor them but lets look a little closer. He doesn't use proper punctuation or capitalization, this can be easily fixed by simply informing him that it is a common courtesy to write properly when Rping. Second, the fact that he knows that jedi were rooted out by the Empire during the given Era shows that he has potential, even though the reason for arrest seems sophomoric. Therefore aid him, take a little bit of time and go over what Rpers usually do. Yes I know, by no means was that a simple "Hi" but at least you know my two cents on the issue.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Serenity

Greetings RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings RIG   Greetings RIG I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:09 am

Welcome!

Although I'm not much of an RPer myself, I know exactly what you're talking about. I had a couple of characters on Starsider for some random roleplay with a guildie. But that's years ago now.

/hands out a cookie
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Greetings RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings RIG   Greetings RIG I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:17 am

Hello ginderhulk, welcome.

/Watch Selven force pulling cookies to ginderhulk.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Greetings RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings RIG   Greetings RIG I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:21 am

/Stealth raids the cupboard for the last of the cookies!

MUHUHAHAHAHAHA!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Greetings RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings RIG   Greetings RIG I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:08 am

nOooOoOoOoo...Spam Stolleth de' cookies!

Welcome to the RiG forums Gin'!!! Hope you enjoy the fun!
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven

Greetings RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings RIG   Greetings RIG I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:30 am

azarhal wrote:
Hello ginderhulk, welcome.

/Watch Selven force pulling cookies to ginderhulk.

Ooh, Force Feeding FTW!
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

Greetings RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings RIG   Greetings RIG I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:14 am

Welcome Ginderhulk!

Don't mind them, I assure you that the cat is on the table!
Back to top Go down
ShavedEwok

Greetings RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings RIG   Greetings RIG I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:13 pm

Welcome to RiG Ginderhulk. Smile
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Guild: Force Academy

Greetings RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings RIG   Greetings RIG I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:03 pm

At first I was like thats a pretty kool name gingerhulk, then realised i misread it Smile
Welcome
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

Greetings RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings RIG   Greetings RIG I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Darka wrote:
At first I was like thats a pretty kool name gingerhulk, then realised i misread it Smile
Welcome

I did the exact same thing, and wondered if he was a pale skinned, red haired body builder?
Back to top Go down
ginderhulk

Greetings RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings RIG   Greetings RIG I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:

I did the exact same thing, and wondered if he was a pale skinned, red haired body builder?

I wish I was Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greetings RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings RIG   Greetings RIG I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings RIG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Hello & Welcome :) :: Members Area - A Chance to say hi, and introduce yourselves-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com