The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day Empty
PostSubject: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:34 pm

I think that today's forum maintenance win the prize of longest ever. Usually, the forum get back up at 10:00 AM EST for me and now it's still saying:
Quote :
SWTOR.com is currently unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Please check back again soon!

So, lets go forumites. Why do you think the whole thing is taking so long?

Me, I think it's because of Sylrah's cookies. The board ate to much of them.
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:46 pm

I admit to giving the maintenance Ewoks a few cookies. But I do ot admit that it were my cookies that made them incredably obese so they can no longer do the work in the appropriate timeframe.

I call my lawyer to make the closing statement...

Quote :
...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day 240514. For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day 240514 is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day 240514 lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day 240514! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day 240514 lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:51 pm

azarhal wrote:

So, lets go forumites. Why do you think the whole thing is taking so long?

The mods are all looking at RIG, contemplating joining us. Mwuahaha.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Muuuhahahahhaaaa!! World Domina-Schwen is upon us RiGers!!

On the "SWToR server maint"...least we have Selv/Ty to make sure we can banter in here unobstructed 24/7!! woohoo! (do I get a cookie Selv'..Sylly??) hehe....good times
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:02 pm

*throws a plate of "green Syllyness" cookies at Schwen*

Yeah, bust be them debating giving us NPCs to immoralize us (yes, immoralize).
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:23 pm

That sounds immoral Smile

MMMMM tastes like....Pee-pol!!!

(for all you youngsters out there...we are referencing the 70's sci-fi drama "Soylent Green". Its a good watch if you like corny 70's movies (I love them)...and now...back to our thread on SWToR, and its crappy maintenance "down times")
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:32 pm

Just saw this online: "BioWare fans should “pay attention” to tomorrow’s VGA announcements”.

The event happen on December 11th, maybe they are playing dress me up with the website or something.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Could be a page overhaul of sorts maybe, interesting info.
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:44 pm

VGA, another overused abbreviation.

What does my old video card connection have to do with anything?

Or it probably means VIA Gamers Arena, no idea what that is, but it's the most probable definition for it... then again, what goes VIA stand for? And more importantly, an abbreviation inside an abbreviation? EA must be really messed up. What is VIAGA? Sounds like a little blue pill.

It's back but bugged up.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:01 pm

Oddly, site is working fine for me

The site, not....cause of any blue pill....
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Starting to look better.

But I had to turn off and on compatibility view.

Compatibility view off means good looks for the forum and utter crap in the holonet.
Compatibility view on means the exact opposite.

And if logs me off every time I switch.

Alright, now everything seems to be alright with compatibility view off... (alright, keeps bugging up)

... so the maintenance may have been pudated to work in the newer IE versions.

Last edited by Sylrah on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Sylrah wrote:
VGA, another overused abbreviation.

What does my old video card connection have to do with anything?

Or it probably means VIA Gamers Arena, no idea what that is, but it's the most probable definition for it... then again, what goes VIA stand for? And more importantly, an abbreviation inside an abbreviation? EA must be really messed up. What is VIAGA? Sounds like a little blue pill.

It's back but bugged up.

VGA => Spike Video Games Awards.

And the site is back up...Yeah! Kind of slow. They probably updated the code base or something, usually breaks lot of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:07 pm

I'm not having any problems, and what is this compatibility thing you speak of?
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:31 pm

By running a website in compatibility view you emulate an older version of internet explorer, usually it's not an issue, but with things like the holonet it used to be shown oddly when viewed through IE8 (but today when I tried turning it off again it was fine).

But after givng it a little time it seems to have been fixed, so it may have been some restarting buggyness *crosses fingers*.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Ah that would be why, I'm running Firefox Razz
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Ah that would be why, I'm running Firefox Razz

Firefox FTW!

Actually, when I'm home I'm running Firefox under Linux and the SWTOR website isn't fun, that's why I usually only check the forums...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day   For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those long SWTOR official forum maintenance day
Page 1 of 1