Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Serenity

Room for improvements you say? Empty
PostSubject: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:59 pm

If you have suggestions, thoughts about the layot, the aestetics or you found a cool gadget that you think could go well with The R.I.G, please feel free to post here.

Room for improvements you say? Sig12

Last edited by Selven on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MorgonKara
Shot First
MorgonKara

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:17 am

Did anyone post a copy of that mission statement from the swtor.com forums?
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:24 am

Yes, it's in the OSC section.
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Ehehehe. Looks pretty awesome, now! I am actually fond of the flashing pyramids. Would it be possible to have an option to turn them off "flashing" mode?
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:39 pm

SandsS wrote:
Ehehehe. Looks pretty awesome, now! I am actually fond of the flashing pyramids. Would it be possible to have an option to turn them off "flashing" mode?

Hehe, their not flashing pyramids, they are holocrons I believe? Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:43 pm

SandsS wrote:

Yes, just read the new posts! Razz

Seriously though, I'm testing different images this evening. The icon for new posts should have some dynamics to them, but I will tone them down. Expect to see holocrons, lots of holocrons! (pyramids pfft! You call yourself a SW fan? Room for improvements you say? 686594 )

Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Selven wrote:
SandsS wrote:

Yes, just read the new posts! Razz

Seriously though, I'm testing different images this evening. The icon for new posts should have some dynamics to them, but I will tone them down. Expect to see holocrons, lots of holocrons! (pyramids pfft! You call yourself a SW fan? Room for improvements you say? 686594 )

But what about the cube holocrons Jedi usually use Razz

I liked both icons, they work fine. I'm sure anything you guys settle on will be fine. =D
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:59 pm

... actually I'm more of a BioWare + MMO fan. *SHAME* ._. (Good to know! Heheh.)
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:13 pm

SandsS wrote:
... actually I'm more of a BioWare + MMO fan. *SHAME* ._. (Good to know! Heheh.)

Hehe, that's acceptable Wink

Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:

I liked both icons, they work fine. I'm sure anything you guys settle on will be fine. =D

Patience, young one! Room for improvements you say? 44873

Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:22 pm

Selven wrote:
Kai-Sun wrote:

Paysheunce?

Is that some new fangled word you just made up? lol!
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Selven wrote:
Kai-Sun wrote:

Paysheunce?

Is that some new fangled word you just made up? lol!

Yes, it's a useful word when you've raised 4 children and a Yoda Wink

Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Selven wrote:

Oh god. Raising Yoda.

New idea for a fanfic.

Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Selven wrote:

Oh god. Raising Yoda.

New idea for a fanfic.

/facepalm

Oh god, no. lol
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Maybe it's just me, but the new "blinking" system for the holocrons is really hard to see... Makes it hard to know when there are new posts.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:46 pm

Gamewiz wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but the new "blinking" system for the holocrons is really hard to see... Makes it hard to know when there are new posts.

I was just going to mention that. It was nice to have so much extra to read while I was bored at work once I realized there were new posts though.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:05 pm

Variable wrote:
Gamewiz wrote:

I was just going to mention that. It was nice to have so much extra to read while I was bored at work once I realized there were new posts though.

Thanks for the feedback. I was asked if they could be toned down and so I did - it's hard to get it *just* right, but I'm not done modifying yet. Smile

Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:08 pm

Selven wrote:
Variable wrote:
Gamewiz wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. I was asked if they could be toned down and so I did - it's hard to get it *just* right, but I'm not done modifying yet. Smile

Oh, haha, sorry. Smile Personally I didn't mind the way they were originally, but alas.

Maybe as a compromise, have them as bright as they were in the beginning, but have it be a solid color and not flashing?
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:33 pm

Another bit of feedback regarding the posting of pictures and the like:

It hasn't been an issue, but the thought occurred to me as I do most of my posting from work. Would it be possible to request that any NSFW pictures or artwork be linked offsite and labelled as NSFW? I really love the fine work and talent that it takes to create such works, and I respect art, but I would very much like to continue reading/posting from work when I have the time.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:12 am

Variable wrote:
Another bit of feedback regarding the posting of pictures and the like:

It hasn't been an issue, but the thought occurred to me as I do most of my posting from work. Would it be possible to request that any NSFW pictures or artwork be linked offsite and labelled as NSFW? I really love the fine work and talent that it takes to create such works, and I respect art, but I would very much like to continue reading/posting from work when I have the time.

Good idea! Although I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue, I added that request to this sticky;
All the creative awesomeness in one spot!

Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:14 am

Actually, that idea has me working on the first draft of posting guidelines for the forum. All forums have them, and if you want to moderate the few bad apples that show up, you'll want to have them if you want legs to stand on. Should have something up for peer review in a bit.
Back to top Go down
MorgonKara
Shot First
MorgonKara

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:22 am

I was just going to say i like the new graphics, the holocrons are a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:35 am

Selven wrote:
Variable wrote:
Gamewiz wrote:

So far I think overall everything keeps looking better and better, but yea the holocrons are a wee hard to see atm for new threads (though, as you said working on it,) and the fact that Odi's name in blue really is hard to read against the forum background

You work fast though, all sorts of little things here and there changing/improving.
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:48 am

Kai-Sun wrote:
and the fact that Odi's name in blue really is hard to read against the forum background.

I think making it teal might be better, I agree blue is not pleasant on the eyes, or is it even dark blue? Yeah, I think it's dark, or at least darker than blue.

Anyway, it should be something that isn't too dark or too blue in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:45 pm

The weird part is, the admin name is set to red, so something in the templates CSS Stylesheets is coded differently. I'll look into it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Room for improvements you say?   Room for improvements you say? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Room for improvements you say?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next