The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from Noo Zeeland

Go down 
+6
Grome
azarhal
Aurabesh
Lugaidh
Kai-Sun
HDubNZ
10 posters
AuthorMessage
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

Greetings from Noo Zeeland Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:28 am

Greetings to all from Middle Earth!

Was impressed with Ty-Odi's post on the SWTOR forums and received an invite to come here. There is already a sizeable Oceanic (Australia/New Zealand) Community growing and most of them would fit nicely into this movement, at least that's my experience on "That Other Game"

Looking forward to Countdown to this great game.

I am currently a WoW casual, started in LOTRO and have previously played WAR, Tabula Rasa (Guilty as charged) and Star Trek Online.

However, since NWN, KOTOR, Mass Effect 1 & 2 and Dragon Age, I have been an avid Bio Ware fan, mainly because they care so much about each project and want you to be the hero in the middle of all of the action.

I hope this gathers momentum as we go along.

By the way, I will be rolling Republic (I played light side and paragon, can't help it) and not yet decided on class. Smuggling sounds kinda cool but will there be many troopers?
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:26 am

HDubNZ wrote:

Damn, are you basically using a Palantir then? lol

HDubNZ wrote:

By the way, I will be rolling Republic (I played light side and paragon, can't help it) and not yet decided on class. Smuggling sounds kinda cool but will there be many troopers?

I'm making a Jedi Knight first but I will be rolling a Trooper very soon after that, as they're my two favorite classes atm. I know some friends who will be rolling Trooper off the bat, but the class diversity seems kinda equal a bit. Well, besides the force users probably being a bit heavy in the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:27 am

HDubNZ wrote:

Was impressed with Ty-Odi's post on the SWTOR forums and received an invite to come here. There is already a sizeable Oceanic (Australia/New Zealand) Community growing and most of them would fit nicely into this movement, at least that's my experience on "That Other Game"

Looking forward to Countdown to this great game.

I am currently a WoW casual, started in LOTRO and have previously played WAR, Tabula Rasa (Guilty as charged) and Star Trek Online.

However, since NWN, KOTOR, Mass Effect 1 & 2 and Dragon Age, I have been an avid Bio Ware fan, mainly because they care so much about each project and want you to be the hero in the middle of all of the action.

I hope this gathers momentum as we go along.

Welcome to the R.i.G.! Buncha nuts in here so there's loads of fun to had. Greetings from Noo Zeeland 45250

I gravitate towards the Republic as well, however, I'm a bit torn as a lot of the new friends I've made here or going with the empire. I'm sure I'll make up my mind before the launch.

By the by, what does NWN stand for?
Back to top Go down
Aurabesh

Aurabesh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aurabesh
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:32 am

NWN = Neverwinter Nights Smile

Welcome to the RIG Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:38 am

Aurabesh wrote:

/facepalm I should've known that..
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:45 am

Lugaidh wrote:
Aurabesh wrote:

/facepalm I should've known that..

lol - don't worry yourself about that!
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:50 am

FYI - the reason for Commander Cody and the signature is easy. Temuera Morrison who plays Jango Fett and the various clones is from New Zealand as well. He is a very well known New Zealand actor. His most famous role in this country is from a movie called, "Once were Warriors."

It is a very realistic look at the gritty world of urban life in New Zealand. His character was very menacing, very powerful and not very nice. The signature was one of his more famous quotes. His name in the movie was, "Jake the Muss."

Tem is of Maori (native New Zealand descent - like me!) and when I saw that the republic and soon to be Imperial troops were cloned from Jango Fett I declared in the Cinema (a bit too loudly), "It's Official! Maori are going to take over the galaxy!"
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:08 pm

HDubNZ wrote:
"It's Official! Maori are going to take over the galaxy!"

lol!

Welcome HDubNZ,

In term of class diversity, the forum polls show a slight advantage for the Jedi/Sith classes, but I suspect that it will change when people try the different play style and decided what they want to play.

Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Welcome to RiG HDub!

Cool to have you here as a representative of the kiwi faction! farao

Is it true by the way that some of your kiwi is imported because most of your own kiwi is exported? jocolor
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Unfortunately our Kiwi(fruit) is under attack from a parasite.

Major major problems. The conspiracy theorist in me suspects industrial espionage. Our Kiwi is all our own haha...

Back to top Go down
Crebain

Crebain

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Welcome to zhe forums!
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:45 am

Welcome, yes it seems the Oceanic Community is finally getting around to joining in
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:51 am

HDubNZ wrote:
Tabula Rasa (Guilty as charged)

Do not be ashamed, I'll stand behind you on that one - I happened to like that game

Welcome to the forums! Smile
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:56 am

I only played the TR beta but I have to say I liked it. If I hadn't been moving just at that time I might have picked up the game. It had some fresh ideas.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:35 am

Grome wrote:
I only played the TR beta but I have to say I liked it. If I hadn't been moving just at that time I might have picked up the game. It had some fresh ideas.

Yeah, its a shame about TR, it had promise, but hitting the reset button several years into the development cycle spelled doom from the start unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Welcome to the boards mate, and I am sure we will end up with more Oceanic Players before long, I know one or two who will be playing this, I hope they will pop on the boards here too soon Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Noo Zeeland   Greetings from Noo Zeeland I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Noo Zeeland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Hello & Welcome :) :: Members Area - A Chance to say hi, and introduce yourselves-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com