The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaming mechanics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pizzathehut

Gaming mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Gaming mechanics   Gaming mechanics I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:56 am

First I wanted to say sup and good to see there still a strong community in gaming..=) Coming off of Ultima Online and and it just seems after UO, EQ, and a few others that games are lacking that touch and ol school experience.

On other hand the old school systems was skill based and now all i see is level based. Is skill bases mechanics obsolete because it just seems leveling is not good for pvp. because if one guy is 1 level higher he can win easier..=/ Or maybe theres a new mechanic in Starwars that can start a new way of leveling/pvp role.

wish there can be more hands on with mechanics then push of a button, blocking and dodging your self from hits. magic will miss in ur are looking down and things like that. I am trying to find different things on mechanics and seeing if any one here knows?
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Gaming mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming mechanics   Gaming mechanics I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Depends on the game really, some like Aion are completely broken from a leveling standpoint (lv 20 hunters able to kill max lv 50? players because of how the mechanics are set up,) vs wow's "I can't hit you ever even though you're 3 levels higher" bit.

www.swtor-station.com has some of the information on the systems in TOR, so does www.darthhater.com and a few other sites if you're really interested in the direction TOR is taking.

That said, Bioware is really not letting out the specifics yet.
Back to top Go down
pizzathehut

Gaming mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming mechanics   Gaming mechanics I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Thanx for the fast reply. I was thinking they havn't introduced to much yet since the game has a few months to go. I appreciate the heads up.

Regards to wow and aion and other games, As time goes along everything will be tweaked out and maybe in the near future we will have that game were the community is tight! All we do is start now..=)
Back to top Go down
pizzathehut

Gaming mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming mechanics   Gaming mechanics I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:58 pm

Last thing, don't lknow if this has been put out there yet. But will you be able to dodge or evade laser shots by the trooper and or smuggler? Say if he shooting you with his laser to stride left and right and he misses? Or is it auto hit and you gotta deal with it?
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Gaming mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming mechanics   Gaming mechanics I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:20 pm

pizzathehut wrote:
Last thing, don't lknow if this has been put out there yet. But will you be able to dodge or evade laser shots by the trooper and or smuggler? Say if he shooting you with his laser to stride left and right and he misses? Or is it auto hit and you gotta deal with it?

This isn't a first person shooter, there is no skill in shooting someone other then positioning and ability usage.

Example, Bounty Hunter fires a shot at the Smuggler.

Smuggler has something that say, causes people to miss him 50% of the time. Bounty hunter's under the hood roll with all the modifiers falls within the 50% miss range, and the shot goes streaking past the Smuggler's head.

Smuggler does his counter attack and uses a shooting ability. Smuggler's shot rolls on that random table of miss/etc and scores a hit on the Bounty Hunter, with all the modifiers that the Bounty Hunter might have up.

This is how MMOs in general work. You have a "hit table" that dictates the chance to hit someone per every ability use unless the ability says it cannot be blocked/dodged/etc.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Gaming mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming mechanics   Gaming mechanics I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:11 pm

About skill based system. The reasons why they aren't that much used is because they are hard to balance with the overall game and it get worst when the game have PvP.

Although, it doesn't stop level based games to have crap balance as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gaming mechanics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming mechanics   Gaming mechanics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaming mechanics
Page 1 of 1