HomeRegisterLog in

Hey, Howdy

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pyara_Raga

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:46 am

I just wanted to do a quick intro. My SWTOR forum name is SarinTabun. I love the idea of gathering a like minded group of nice people to possibly populate a server or two. My first MMO was SWG and since then MMO's is primarily what I play. Once the NGE ruined SWG my whole guild migrated to WoW. Being a small guild we didn't last too long because most of you know that you had to have 40 people to do the high end stuff. When the guild split some went back to SWG and the rest of us found new homes on the server.

One thing I always remember from my beginning days in SWG and WoW was someone being nice. In SWG it was some dude that buffed me up for free and helped me quest for a couple hours. In WoW it was some random person pulling me aside and telling me the ins and outs of how to gear my warrior, because at the time I was wearing stuff like "Boots of the Owl" and other random crap that had stats that didn't matter for a warrior.

My wife is a gamer as well and I finally got her to play a MMO (she's been a console girl her whole life). We started with FF 14 but if any of you have played it know why she doesn't play it anymore. Now I got her hooked on WoW because I think the gameplay and game mechanics will be somewhat similar to SWTOR. I told her when we got married that I would get her playing MMO's so I'm pretty happy my fiendish plan has come to fruition Twisted Evil

We both are naturally nice and respectful people unless someone goes out of their way to be a douche. Then niether one of us has a problem calling someone out for it. I look forward to the future of our SWTOR playing days.

Thanx for taking the time to read the whole post Smile

Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:51 am

Good to see you made it, stay safe in Afghanistan, and feel free to tell the wife to sign up too Smile
Back to top Go down
Aurabesh

Aurabesh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aurabesh
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Serenity

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:56 am

Welcome to RIG.
Watch your back out there and get home savely.
Back to top Go down
Pyara_Raga

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:58 am

i'm in a really safe place actually so i'm not really worried about that so much. i have about 4 months left which i can't wait to be over. being away from the wifey is the hardest part actually. but i do thank you for the well wishes.
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:08 am

Welcome,

You certainly espouse many of the virtues that those of us that have joined believe in when gaming.

Being nice to people in game is a bigger reward than any loot drop.
Back to top Go down
Crebain

Crebain

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:47 am

Welcome mate, what will you be playing Darkside or Lightside?
Back to top Go down
Pyara_Raga

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:00 am

i haven't decided yet. i honestly want to play darkside and go total dark. i want to see how you're character transforms under darkside corruption, buuuuuuut the wife will be playing with me and she may want to go lightside. so we'll have to see if i can convince her to be on the Sith side of things. if we go Republic i still might make my JK a darkside Jedi.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:40 am

Pyara_Raga wrote:
i haven't decided yet. i honestly want to play darkside and go total dark. i want to see how you're character transforms under darkside corruption, buuuuuuut the wife will be playing with me and she may want to go lightside. so we'll have to see if i can convince her to be on the Sith side of things. if we go Republic i still might make my JK a darkside Jedi.
Just go "have you been a baad baad girl?" when you get back from A-stan and she will be like "err... No..", so then you will say "so then you'll be one now! *takes out the whip*" (oh no wait, right, this was referring to TOR...)
So, okay, you won't take out the whip but a red lightsaber, that you then hand her. Who would be able to resist the temptation?

Oh, welcome by the way jocolor

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
Pyara_Raga

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:50 am

well she was talking about being a bounty hunter at first so it may not be too hard. but we were talking and said we would look over the classes again closer to launch to see what she would like to play.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Welcome Pyara_Raga,

I how the Balkans aren't too bad this time of the year and it's great that you got your wife playing MMOs (or that she's a gamer). From my experience (aka whole family), none-gamer aren't great "supporters" of us gamers.

Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:53 pm

Welcome Pyara_Raga.

Thank you for your service, Sir. I hope you and all the other serving men and women stay relatively safe as you can and pray for a swift return home. You have my utmost respect and my thoughts are with you.

I'm glad you found your way to RIG, and I hope we can make it a great place for both you and your wife before and after TOR launches.
Back to top Go down
Pyara_Raga

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanx for the welcome everyone. My wife and I look forward to fostering a great community with you guys.

BTW Kai I love your avatar. My wife and I actually plan on going to Japan next year for a vacation and are super stoked about it Smile
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Pyara_Raga wrote:
Thanx for the welcome everyone. My wife and I look forward to fostering a great community with you guys.

BTW Kai I love your avatar. My wife and I actually plan on going to Japan next year for a vacation and are super stoked about it Smile

I'd really love to visit, I've been practicing Shorin Ryu and Kenjutsu for about a decade now, and I'd love to actually go to Japan for a vacation.

Glad you like the avatar, it's inspired by Rurouni Kenshin.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Glad you like the avatar, it's inspired by Rurouni Kenshin.
Saw that anime and enjoyed it. I also did a little bit of Kendo a while back. Not for long though... But I still have my Bokuto and my dark blue Hakama.

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:41 pm

Welcome to the fun, Pyara_Raga. We are the lucky ones, as my wife plays MMOs with me as well (though she hates WoW).
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Class:
Guild:

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:29 pm

Variable wrote:
Welcome to the fun, Pyara_Raga. We are the lucky ones, as my wife plays MMOs with me as well (though she hates WoW).

Very lucky indeed - my wife hates video games!!! Although that means I get left alone hahaha...my man time is precious!
Back to top Go down
Tariah

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:34 am

Hi everyone! I'm Pyara's wife. As he has said I'm new to mmos, I'm currently kind of addicted to wow.

After playing an alliance character on wow I think I may be ready for the darkside so I probably won't need much convincing. I really like the idea of playing with mature and friendly people a lot, I used to think mmos were played by rude and immature people so I never wanted to play one. Fortunately my hubby changed my mind and I've encountered a few really nice people on wow. I'm not sure I can ever look at console games the same again. Sad

I can't wait for my husband to come home so we can play SW together and I can show off my skillz. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Guild: Force Academy

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:51 am

Its him thats really the n00b right? Smile
Train up and then kick his ass when he gets back, in game i mean Smile
Back to top Go down
Xaxus

Xaxus

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xaxus

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:28 am

Pyara_Raga wrote:
I just wanted to do a quick intro. My SWTOR forum name is SarinTabun. I love the idea of gathering a like minded group of nice people to possibly populate a server or two. My first MMO was SWG and since then MMO's is primarily what I play. Once the NGE ruined SWG my whole guild migrated to WoW. Being a small guild we didn't last too long because most of you know that you had to have 40 people to do the high end stuff. When the guild split some went back to SWG and the rest of us found new homes on the server.

One thing I always remember from my beginning days in SWG and WoW was someone being nice. In SWG it was some dude that buffed me up for free and helped me quest for a couple hours. In WoW it was some random person pulling me aside and telling me the ins and outs of how to gear my warrior, because at the time I was wearing stuff like "Boots of the Owl" and other random crap that had stats that didn't matter for a warrior.

My wife is a gamer as well and I finally got her to play a MMO (she's been a console girl her whole life). We started with FF 14 but if any of you have played it know why she doesn't play it anymore. Now I got her hooked on WoW because I think the gameplay and game mechanics will be somewhat similar to SWTOR. I told her when we got married that I would get her playing MMO's so I'm pretty happy my fiendish plan has come to fruition Twisted Evil

We both are naturally nice and respectful people unless someone goes out of their way to be a douche. Then niether one of us has a problem calling someone out for it. I look forward to the future of our SWTOR playing days.

Thanx for taking the time to read the whole post Smile

I salute you my friend,
Got a buddy name Chris Zier somewhere around there man. He was just deployed 2 weeks ago. Been waiting on his facebook return. Anyways, welcome to the forums man and good to see some kool ppl join up. Stay safe man and god bless ya..
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Class:
Guild:

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 am

Tariah wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm Pyara's wife. As he has said I'm new to mmos, I'm currently kind of addicted to wow.

After playing an alliance character on wow I think I may be ready for the darkside so I probably won't need much convincing. I really like the idea of playing with mature and friendly people a lot, I used to think mmos were played by rude and immature people so I never wanted to play one. Fortunately my hubby changed my mind and I've encountered a few really nice people on wow. I'm not sure I can ever look at console games the same again. Sad

I can't wait for my husband to come home so we can play SW together and I can show off my skillz. Very Happy

Welcome to you m'lady. We all wish the safe and speedy return of your good husband to your side. And then, in battlefield, it's on with your bad Imperial selves...
Back to top Go down
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 am

Welcome both of you! Always glad to see couples playing MMO's!! I believe I had 5 couples in my guild in WoW that we all knew for 3 years! Even got to meet one of them in real life when me and some of my friends (and guildees) took a trip down to Washington DC!!

Always cool to have some couples playing together!
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi Tariah, welcome.

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Variable wrote:

ya i lucked out big time. i tell her all the time one of the many reasons i married her was because she plays video games. she's a pretty big metal gear and final fantasy fan, but i have converted her Smile i think WoW is a great game if you're new to the MMO genre it allows you to learn the basics and understand how a MMO works. we tried FF 14 but that game is a big steaming pile of dukey. so i kept bugging her to give WoW a try and she's been loving it. i love hearing about her daily adventures and giving her tips and helping her as much as i can.

Back to top Go down
Pyara_Raga

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Darka wrote:
Its him thats really the n00b right? Smile
Train up and then kick his ass when he gets back, in game i mean Smile

she will have to do a lot of training my man Twisted Evil

she's not really into pvp at the moment. she doesn't like to be bothered with it. she just like to quest and kill stuff. i'm going to try to convince her to roll on a pvp server for TOR though just to spice it up a little bit, but we'll see Smile
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Welcome both of you! Smile

Boy, I can't wait to launch this game and just meet everyone! Is it spring yet? bounce

Hey, Howdy Sig12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey, Howdy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, Howdy   Hey, Howdy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey, Howdy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next