The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lightsaber crafting

Go down 
+5
Pyara_Raga
Lugaidh
Variable
Kai-Sun
Gamewiz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Lightsaber crafting Empty
PostSubject: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm

So I'm sure most of you have probably seen this Dev post here:

DamionSchubert wrote:
To answer another question I've seen elsewhere, no, companions will not be crafting lightsabers. Happy Friday, everyone!

My question then to all of you is this: What do you think crafting lightsabers will look like? I posted this in the GD in the TOR forums, but I'll post my predictions here as well. Feel free to add to it, take away from it, call me stupid, or praise my amazing ability to predict the future. Smile

All force-user classes will be getting their first lightsaber very similar to what we saw during PAX... Basically through story and a cinematic. That's our first saber.

Now, once we reach lvl 10 and choose our Advanced class, there will be another storyline aspect that will grant you another lightsaber via story and cinematic again. The saber you receive at the end will be dependent on your advanced class choice. In other words, a Jedi Shadow can choose between either an upgraded single saber, or double-bladed saber; Jedi Sage will receive an upgraded single saber (this is assuming Sage's cannot wield double-bladed... we'll see). This will be our second lightsaber.

All subsequent lightsabers will be received through either rare drops (like the boss fight against the Jedi Knight in the E3 '09 flashpoint video), or through class quests. Lightsabers will not be a common drop like in KotOR 1 and 2, where it seemed like every third Sith dropped a saber....

All sabers will have their usual upgradeable slots (crystal, lens, etc). This is how we'll customize our lightsabers, and will be apart of the Artifice crafting skill. Our companions won't upgrade our sabers, they'll just "create" the items necessary for us to modify our own lightsabers. The only fallible part in this is obviously the crystals... Aside from the synthetic crystals that Sith typically create, all other crystals are found. This may tie into the Treasure Hunting ability and not Artifice. But to get back on track, upgrading is literally just slotting the items, similar to how it's done in KoTOR, but perhaps a little bit "flashier" in TOR.

The only reason you'd change your lightsaber from your initial one (basically switching it out for a dropped lightsaber off of a boss) could be for two reasons: Maybe future sabers have more slots for upgrades, and also to change the hilt design.

There's my prediction!
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:44 pm

You start a with a trainer saber that lasts to about lv 9-10 (vendors were scene with training sabers up to level 10.)

You'll probably make your first saber as part of the story either right before or during your AC choice.

I posted this in the Jedi Knight forums

"Well, we do know we don't keep our original sabers, but that your companions do not have the ability to craft lightsabers. So, right now it's kind of interesting to see how it's going to go. Saw a lightsaber as a loot drop in an older video, so it's possible it's handled in more then one way.

I personally am not really sure how I'd like this handled, I'd like to be able to create my own saber so it feels like I'm actually providing my own weapon like Jedi normally do, but I don't think I'd be bothered by getting loot drops either (both could probably happen in the same game, even.) If it's the first bit, Jedi probably get a special proficiency that no other class can obtain much like Death Knights in WoW, that lets them use their weapons with rune enchants.

Could also be something that allows you to take the new saber and reconstruct the hilt to look like the one you want, possibly.

Also really just could be "drop" item or craft item and that's that, like other games.

We'll see, they're keeping it kinda under wraps."
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:49 pm

I'd love to see lightsabers (or any weapon really) be somewhat modular like seen in other franchise games, I agree. Different crystals giving different bonuses and whatnot, but expand the modularity to blaster weapons and vibroblades as well (but using components specfic to those types, of course).
Back to top Go down
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:09 pm

I just hope that they have your lightsaber construction (with the awesome cinematic) as part of your trials like on kotor. I so loved that part! I even reverted back to a saved game so I could see it again. lol. That was one of the most awesome parts of that game imo.
Back to top Go down
Pyara_Raga

PostSubject: Re: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:56 pm

my thoughts are this. Since every AC (force users and non-force users) have a typical weapon setup. i think they are going to allow everyone to "tinker" with their particular weapon and not have the companions do it.

as for the saber hilt i wish they would make it really detailed where you had to gather each component. in the video from PAX there was about 8 or 9 pieces that went together during the video. i hope they allow you to upgrade all of those various pieces as you level. i know in SW lore once you get your saber you keep it forever (unless you lose it or it gets snapped in half on a driod assembly line on Genosis) but some things need to be conceded for the sake of gameplay and honestly that's not too far of a stretch from lore.

Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:24 pm

I am all for hoping that they have saber crafting...That was one of the highpoints of SWG. After 5+ months of hologrinding, crafting that first saber was like..."Haaaaaaallllllllleeeeeelllljjjaaahhhh!!!"

Hope at least some of that "yay" factor is in the TOR saber crafting...
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm pretty sure it'll be handled personally by the Jedi or Sith players. It'll be in there, I'm almost sure of it.

Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:01 pm

I'd like to see advanced customization for the other classes too. Like for blasters and vibroblades.

Just like Variable said.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:21 pm

I really hope they "nail" all of the crafting...

It would really bring the whole "Immer-schwen" into the game to the forefront!

That, and some serious community...and i'm hooked!
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:13 am

Grome wrote:
I'd like to see advanced customization for the other classes too. Like for blasters and vibroblades.

Just like Variable said.

Ditto. Choices and customizaiton options for a wide variety of components. And also as people have said, it would be wonderful to be able to keep a weapon throughout your levels, improving and tweaking it instead of dumping it along the way.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:53 am

Stryklone wrote:
Ditto. Choices and customizaiton options for a wide variety of components. And also as people have said, it would be wonderful to be able to keep a weapon throughout your levels, improving and tweaking it instead of dumping it along the way.
Would enjoy this too, as you get the feeling you actually have a history with your weapon. Instead of "ok we had nice times but this one's 2 dps better so baba".
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:46 am

Grome wrote:
Stryklone wrote:
Would enjoy this too, as you get the feeling you actually have a history with your weapon. Instead of "ok we had nice times but this one's 2 dps better so baba".

I definitely like this idea. I would like to maybe see one or two upgrades to a new one tho. But not all the time. I.E. you may learn more advanced crafting skills every 20 levels or something and can craft a much better, more advanced saber. But other than that you can tweak them and upgrade the same ones along the way.

Or if nothing else...for god's sake, give us the ability to craft different hilts. Maybe make tham unique to other players...not just a different color.

Now I want to duel weild Duku'sgreat, great, great, great, great, great...and even more greater ancestor's hilts. Unless of course his hilts looked really cheesy Lightsaber crafting 756107
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Thats the beauty of it all...

I want to try and craft some similar sabers to "Schwendo's" SWG ones!

Can't wait! I am actually making my "light" toon a distant ancestor of Schwendo!

His Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Grampappy! "Qui Gone Schwinn!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lightsaber crafting   Lightsaber crafting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lightsaber crafting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: General Discussion - Talk about anything SW:TOR-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com