The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speculation about release date delay

Go down 
+14
Teeglow2012
Godric_Barbarosa
HDubNZ
Jester
azarhal
Grome
Variable
Kai-Sun
Ty-Odi
Schwendo
Gamewiz
The *Pew*gilists
Pyara_Raga
Arzon
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

Speculation about release date delay Empty
PostSubject: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:30 pm

There's a thread in GD on the TOR forums about a potential delay in release since an interviewee was quoted with stating '2011' as the target but would not answer whether it was the first or second half of the year. Of course, everyone seems to believe that is indicative of a potential delay from the Spring window which has been previously stated.

As far as the OSC is concerned, do you think this will allow more time to spread the word and get people on board or will there be an adverse affect by people becoming disenchanted and dropping their activity for a while? Just curious on everyone's thoughts here.

Personally, I think the former... it will allow more time to refine what we are all about, continue to get people enthused about the idea and bring more to the community beforehand. I think those that already peruse these forums are the types that are excited enough about the game as it is that they would not be put off by a delay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Pyara_Raga

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:43 pm

i have to agree. most people have been following this game for a while and are looking forward to a great game so if it's pushed back after Srping then no big deal. i've been around since the forums went live and was still following every rumor prior to that once Bioware announced they were making a MMO. if i have to wait a few more months i won't particularly like it but can accpet it because i know the finished product is going to be the best thing since sliced bread Smile
Back to top Go down
The *Pew*gilists

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:07 pm

I would be lying if I said I didn't want to P2P this game unless it is totally polished. Because I most certainly would. Although I would understand if it was pushed back, there is a part of me that would be let down.

There is only so much a DEV team, R&D, focus group, alpha and beta phases can accomplish. You have to launch to finalize the detailing process.
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:42 pm

This is just me being selfish, but I really hope it doesn't get delayed. I don't think it will though, solely because the target release date is still officially Spring of 2011, and Ray made one comment about it being "sometime in 2011". However, he has said this about many of his games with previously established dates.

I'm really not too worried about it. Everything else we've heard has been constantly reiterating that Bioware is right on track and that there have been no major delays. Besides, I'd take the word of Stephen Reid (Community Manager), Daniel Erickson (Lead Writer), Blaine Christine (Lead Producer), and James Ohlen (Leader Designer) over the word of Ray Muzyka any day. Solely due to the fact that they know more about the status of the game then the guy trying to co-manage the entire company. And they have all repeatedly said the game is on track for a Spring release.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:02 pm

I'd have to agree,

I would be bummed if it was pushed back, yet, happy that they are trying to make the product the best it can be. Nothings worse than a rushed game full of bugs and unfufilled promises *cough* SWG *cough*

I just hope they get it right...Look on the bright side. It'll give the RiGers more time to get organized! lol
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Personally I will wait till when ever.

So long as its ready and bug free (Relatively) on launch, with plenty of content, etc, it will have been more than worth the wait, I have played far too many rushed out, not complete MMO's over the years to want this to be another just so I can play it.

That said......GIVE ME A GOD DAMN BETA KEY BIOWARE!!!!!! SO WHAT IF I AM UK BASED!!!! GRRRRRRRR......

/Childish stomp over.

LOL Smile

I would love to test this sucka, do software testing in RL anyways, and honestly games like this are just the most fun things to break. I have done it for a ton of games now, and many I never bothered to play on live date as I just knew they were not ready, but I still enjoyed the BETA phases, closed, open, all of them, I have been involved in all sorts.

I think thats my big hope for this though, if this is the case that they are holding this game back, they use some of that delay to REALLY test this game, and fix things as well.

I have seen threads from people which said that BioWare hire their own testers and don't need us players to do it for them.......Really???? I am sure all the others did too, but lets be real, how many were well tested?

You need numbers, professionals, amateurs and everything inbetween to test something as they each look at different things in different ways. Ahh well who knows, I will be gutted if I don't get into Beta at some point though, I have done it in games I had no interest in playing, and when one comes along like this that I am interested in....Yeah I want in!! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Hey Ty,

Your "Cool points" just jumped up a couple! lol...hmm, wonder why your "Selvan Profanity Filter" does'nt work...did you figure out how to turn the darned (<--Selvan profanity filter activated)...shizz!! (<--Selvan profanity filter activated)

Ok, i'm getting mad at it...
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Hey Ty,

Your "Cool points" just jumped up a couple! lol...hmm, wonder why your "Selvan Profanity Filter" does'nt work...did you figure out how to turn the darned (<--Selvan profanity filter activated)...shizz!! (<--Selvan profanity filter activated)

Ok, i'm getting mad at it...

Enhance your calm, John Sparschwen!

And if the game need a little more time in the cooker I'm fine, I'll be happy whenever it decides to launch.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Honestly, I think we all just tell ourselves its launching in 2012 and be pleasently surprised when it comes out in 2011. But in all honestly, I think the longer we have to wait, and the more we get the word out about this community, the better off we'll be at launch. The best things in life are hard fought.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:33 pm

As many have said here already: I won't be particularly happy about it, but if they do feel they need to delay the release I will certainly accept it, as I know it wouldn't do any of us any good if it came out unfinished just so we can play it.
And obviously I hope they do get there in time.

How would it affect our community?
I don't think a delay would affect our community in a bad way. It would just give us more time to grow together and strengthen our bonds. The ones who drop out are usually those who wouldn't have stuck with it anyway (maybe this sounds harsh, but that's just the way it is).
So no problem for us at all!

But as it is, even if they do get it out in spring, we still have at least 4 months left. Seeing how this has developed in just two weeks I have no doubt this will become something amazing - delayed or not delayed Smile
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:09 am

It have been only 2 weeks!!!!! Shocked

The delay, I don't mind. I'm used to wait for games and I got a backlog anyway. Effect on the community, here nothing will change, except maybe more defectors from the official forum.

Official forum effect => Rain of QQ.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:45 am

azarhal wrote:
I know, right? It's almost unbelievable how tight this community already is after just such a short time. I would not want to miss any of you!
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:16 am

Grome wrote:
azarhal wrote:
I know, right? It's almost unbelievable how tight this community already is after just such a short time. I would not want to miss any of you!

It is pretty scary huh? hehe.

To think this all came about because I was bored at work one day, and wrote a very long thread/rant. hahahaha Smile

I just look at how far we have come in such a short period it is amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:27 am

I'm tellin' ya!

And I really have'nt even got my fellow guildies here en masse! (well 4 are..) You guys still have'nt met the "3 Amigos" of Lak/ Mal/ Dun. Despoina...B...Chubes...Molo...Ppax...Nikita...Odee...Shee...Joerak...Jobue...Aquaria...etc..!

Those Crazies are hilarious...

Good..hell...GREAT times ahead!!
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:30 am

Schwendo wrote:
I'm tellin' ya!

And I really have'nt even got my fellow guildies here en masse! (well 4 are..) You guys still have'nt met the "3 Amigos" of Lak/ Mal/ Dun. Despoina...B...Chubes...Molo...Ppax...Nikita...Odee...Shee...Joerak...Jobue...Aquaria...etc..!

Those Crazies are hilarious...

Good..hell...GREAT times ahead!!
Well then FFS get them in here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:33 am

Working on it. Our guild has branched out into a ton of other games...But...we are ALL going into TOR together! As the launch date nears..you'll see a ton come into the RiG forums...

(I'd like a few more in the very near future, though...)
Back to top Go down
Jester

Jester

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Jester
Class: Trooper
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 9:48 am

Ty-Odi wrote:

It is pretty scary huh? hehe.

To think this all came about because I was bored at work one day, and wrote a very long thread/rant. hahahaha Smile

I just look at how far we have come in such a short period it is amazing Very Happy

Speculation about release date delay 516833 Speculation about release date delay 516833 Speculation about release date delay 516833

Maybe a Respect In Politics thread is needed somewhere Wink

On the subject ,game delays suck ,always do.
But then again no amount of QQ or rage ever made a release date change,so we'l just sit tight unthil launch ^^
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:42 pm

We have to hold on for what we've got.
It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not.
We've got each other and that's a lot for love
We'll give it a shot
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:15 pm

I have a couple of questions for those who have followed games before release:

1) How far in advance have other MMO's announced an exact release date?
2) How often were they able to hit those dates?
3) How far in advance did Bioware announce the release dates of ME and DA:O?
4) Did they meet those dates?

I'm not worried about Bioware missing there Spring (April-June) 2011 window based on a few vague statements...yet. But if they miss the window- no big deal I'll still be waiting.

And to those who say well this gaame looks better than WoW did 6 months after release: They aren't competing with WoW six months after release they are competing with WoW 6+ years after release.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:17 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
I have a couple of questions for those who have followed games before release:

1) How far in advance have other MMO's announced an exact release date?
2) How often were they able to hit those dates?
3) How far in advance did Bioware announce the release dates of ME and DA:O?
4) Did they meet those dates?

1) Depends. Most of the time the final date is known quite close to it, because you never know what can happen in beta. Games that announce it really far away usually miss it...by a lot.

2)Always, unless it is released unfinished. See the FFXIV debacle. Like I said, lots can happen in beta.

3) 3-4 months for a fixed date, but they changed that with DA2 and Darkspore, both have set released date a good 7 months before they do release. Expect delays...

4)DA:O was pushed back twice and a half: once to get all version released together (PC was supposed to be released in March 2009), the other time they found a critical bug 2 weeks before the official release, caused a small 2 week delay. The half is because the PS3 version took another month(?) to fix some other problem they had with it. I'm not sure about ME2, apparently it was pushed back...but it might have to do with DA:O. ME2 was released in January 2010 and DA:O in November 2009. Note that the PS3 version of ME2 isn't released yet, but it will bundle lots of stuff. (ME was a XBOX exclusive title...Microsoft might something to do with that).

BioWare is usually don't delay their game that much and I think a lots of the rumours about TOR are unfunded. Especially when they will send game testing invites for a 4 weeks testing period tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Teeglow2012

Teeglow2012

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Troian Johnson
Class: Bounty Hunter
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm fine if they move the date back a bit, that just means they might be polishing it a bit more. Which would be a good thing. But having played a few new games at realease, I know that they'll be bugs and I'm ok with that. As long as we get the Crazies up in there with our new RIG friends!! We'll have fun any damn way!
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:32 pm

Teeglow2012 wrote:
As long as we get the Crazies up in there with our new RIG friends!! We'll have fun any damn way!
Yes! Even in uncompromising positions.
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:06 pm

meh...nothing's ever uncompromising when it comes to positions...I like em all tongue

It would suck a bit if they had to push it back, but I would know it was for the best.

Those around when WoW went live...you remember how damn buggy it was? It was one of the worst overall releases in MMO history and look at it now. I think TOR will blow it out of the water no matter when it gets released!
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Coldhart wrote:
meh...nothing's ever uncompromising when it comes to positions...I like em all tongue

It would suck a bit if they had to push it back, but I would know it was for the best.

Those around when WoW went live...you remember how damn buggy it was? It was one of the worst overall releases in MMO history and look at it now. I think TOR will blow it out of the water no matter when it gets released!

Ohh WoW was nowhere near the worst hehe, not even close. Smile

In fact I think it was one of the best at the time. Now SWG at launch.......XD

Man SWG was buuuuuuuuuuugggggyyyy, haha. It really was appalling, lol, but yeah, like you, TOR on time, EPIC, TOR delayed to make sure it worked and was complete? Much better in my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
Rayviin

Rayviin

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Don't know if anyone else saw this G4 interview with Daniel Erickson? Not much new but he does confirm they are still shooting for spring 2011 release at the end. Speculation about release date delay 756107

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/709043/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Interview---Writer-Talks-Crew-Skills-Warzones.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speculation about release date delay
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next