The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Event Ideas

Go down 
+8
Ty-Odi
azarhal
Grome
Variable
Sylrah
Schwendo
Kai-Sun
Arzon
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:31 pm

Here are some ideas we came up with in our guild forums. I thought I'd share them here as it would be great to get some of these kinds of events organized cross-guild and even cross-faction.

Derby Racing (rules pending game's mechanics regarding PvP, mounts, etc...)
Fasten your seatbelts and get rid of your ancient internet connection! It's time to race for money and pink slips! Whether on foot or on the back of a beast you're in for the ride of your life, facing monsters and pansy Republic players alike... first one to the finish line ALIVE wins! Or maybe just monsters if open-PvP is not desired.

You'd have to get from Point A to Point B as fast as possible. The route will go straight through the PvP area of you and your opponent's level (this way you'd run into monsters at your level and possibly Republic players). At later levels, mounts may be used, though the distance would be drastically lengthened. Both players would be grouped with the judge running the race so they can monitor position and if player dies. Death means you're out, but someone must reach the finish line with no deaths to be considered winner.

Hide and Seek... of Death
Someone hides in a PvP area and everyone has to search for them while also fighting Republic players. First to find them gets a prize!

Roleplay Raids
Like a normal raid but everyone has to try their best to stay in character.

Roleplay Adventures
One of us designs a quest like a game master would in a pencil and paper rpg and uses their alts to fill the roles of npcs that the adventurers need to interact with. Everybody can use vent to voice act characters and npcs.

Story Contest
Give a reward to the winner of a story contest with their characters... just pick a theme and away we go.

Dungeon Night
Group up and tackle a dungeon in your level range.

Quest Night
Group up and tackle as many quests as you can.

Vent Karaoke night
Everybody signs up and we sing in that order. Play your own music in the background or sing it acappella. We can have judges or everybody just vote on who was the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Arzon wrote:

Vent Karaoke night
Everybody signs up and we sing in that order. Play your own music in the background or sing it acappella. We can have judges or everybody just vote on who was the best.

Oh god. You might have opened a door you cannot close Arzon!

I'd have to actually get a mic that isn't just headphones since I don't have speakers (who needs them? Razz)

I will burn ya'll. In between the laughs ><
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

*tries to push "Said door" closed, to no avail*

Arz, you are some kinda Nostradamus(tm)!!

In the heyday of SWG we hosted the "Death Race". It was wicked...it involved a speeder race, but in it, you had to check in with real players at the entrance and lowest level of a dungeon. You had to trade with the player and get an item to continue to the next stage...we did it all over Tatooine!! Ask Cold about it...it was truly incredible! And one time people were actually flagged for combat on each other during the race!!

You're gonna laugh your Arz' off! I own a dj company!! I have over 100,000 karaoke songs on our hard drives...I can take the individuals requests on voice..and load/play the song over the Vent/IG chat channel!!! Thats hysterical!! count me in!!!

All of the above sounds awesome. I think I can speak for the guys in The Crazies, we are down for ALL of that!

More ideas to come!
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:00 pm

In game wedding?

*writes an add for the virtual paper*

Insane person looking for other insane person to create an in game bond with (No virtual physical relationship to play out, that's just a no-no). Preferably of the opposite sex faction.

I think it can be a fun event for RPers. Can also work as a community builder.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:18 pm

We did a ton of IG weddings in SWG. Actually, they were pretty cool. There are some breathtaking vista's in that game...Theed/ Naboo falls comes to mind offhand..
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Schwendo wrote:

You're gonna laugh your Arz' off! I own a dj company!! I have over 100,000 karaoke songs on our hard drives...I can take the individuals requests on voice..and load/play the song over the Vent/IG chat channel!!! Thats hysterical!! count me in!!!

Dear lord I think you've spelled my doom.

I better start practicing.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:44 pm

No lie...just did a show last night!

Only hitch would be the words...Guess you just gotta know the songs....then again..TEE-hee, I would be able to see the words over here in the STL Wink
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Schwendo wrote:
No lie...just did a show last night!

Only hitch would be the words...Guess you just gotta know the songs....then again..TEE-hee, I would be able to see the words over here in the STL Wink

That's what having the web open is for, just to make sure you don't mess up something Razz

I'd only do songs I know, I'm somewhat picky and I've only sung for a handful of people in my life. Which is funny, cause I haven't done it for my family yet.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:04 pm

I've sang so many darned songs in the last 12 years of djing...

Notables...

"Video Killed the Radio Star" (Buggles)

"Sex Machine" (James Brown)

"Minnie the Moocher" (Cab Calloway from Blues Brothers)
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:23 pm

Long as you have So Cold by Breaking Benjamin, Shed Some Light, 45, and Simple Man by Shinedown, with maybe Rise Above This by Seether, be prepared to have me try to extend my voice beyond what I probably should sanely to hilarious effect.

Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:48 pm

Something my old guild in CoH used to do was the lemming run. Basically, everyone creates new characters and meets at a low to mid area (somewhere where it will be detrimental to the low levels). The idea is that the low levels all race along a predetermined path while trying to avoid mobs. Last one standing is the winner.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:55 pm

BTW, I love the Hide and Seek of Death idea, Arzon
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:01 pm

Yea that actually sounds like fun, lol

Player made objectives in events can really be awesome when people come up with great ideas!
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:03 pm

Love the event ideas! farao
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:23 pm

Something to add to dungeon night.

Community helper night, where we make it a point to give back to the community and offer our services to the server as a whole for those that can't find a group or need help getting something done, and just be there for a certain time pulling together to really help the server accomplish whatever jobs they have for us?

That make sense? lol
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:

Community helper night, where we make it a point to give back to the community and offer our services to the server as a whole for those that can't find a group or need help getting something done, and just be there for a certain time pulling together to really help the server accomplish whatever jobs they have for us?

That make sense? lol
Awesome! That fits perfectly with what we have in mind for our community. This is probably one of the best, because we can promote our way of treating other players respectfully!

Also: Pazaak tournament night!
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:06 am

If there is multiplayer "mini-games" we will have to "host" mini-games nights.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:02 am

Kai-Sun wrote:

That make sense? lol

Love this idea!! Smile

Also Newbie Night?

We hit all the newbie spots, and offer any help or guidance, run people who need help through quests and so on? Maybe even hand out some helpful playing guides, things like useful Mods (No not the game breaking ones Razz) Places to grind, what drops what, etc?

We did this a fair bit in SWG, it really helped people, and by sending is as a pre-writing mail, we were able to pool ideas, and a lot of people found this really helpful when they were just starting out Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:36 am

Ty-Odi wrote:

We hit all the newbie spots, and offer any help or guidance, run people who need help through quests and so on? Maybe even hand out some helpful playing guides, things like useful Mods (No not the game breaking ones Razz) Places to grind, what drops what, etc?

We did this a fair bit in SWG, it really helped people, and by sending is as a pre-writing mail, we were able to pool ideas, and a lot of people found this really helpful when they were just starting out Smile

Leave my Jedi Sandals of the Whale alone!
Back to top Go down
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Class: Sith Warrior

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:40 am

Ty-Odi wrote:

Also Newbie Night?

This is a good one... newb night! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:18 am

I'm all for this...its actually a hoot to go out and "help en' masse"!
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild:

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:42 pm

Arzon wrote:
Vent Karaoke night
LMFAO I love this one, I do not think I will be singing, but it will be great fun!

I really like newbie night as well.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:14 pm

Dre,

I just dj'ed a big karaoke show last night! hehe

I actually sang some Green Day, Violent Femmes, Sugar Hill Gang, and the Archies!

I think the "Vent-E-oke" will Rock!
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild:

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Dre,

I just dj'ed a big karaoke show last night! hehe

I actually sang some Green Day, Violent Femmes, Sugar Hill Gang, and the Archies!

I think the "Vent-E-oke" will Rock!

Sweet! make it a Black Sabbath Vent-E-oke night and I will join with vocals and guitar cheers
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:08 am

roflmao!

I would do my "Ozzy Imper-schwen-ation! ..hehe..."Sharon!!"

Another hilarious event we can do...is "Vent-mas Caroling" ...that would be a hoot!

We can even do that IG next year!!

comments?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Event Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Ideas   Event Ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Event Ideas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next