Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) Empty
PostSubject: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Well hello and Welcome to these boards.

I thank you all for all of your support with this idea, and I hope to get to know each and every one of you a lot better over the coming months before launch and beyond.

If you have any friends who would like to come onto these boards, then please let me know, and we can get them accepted here on the boards.

These boards are designed to bring together a group of people who will hopefully all join together on one or more servers, a group of people who will try to bring back some of the kindness and respect I recall so vividly from my beginnings in the MMORPG genre.

By coming here, and offering your support I really hope we can achieve these goals, I would like to eventually use these boards to aid in organising server wide events, organise PVP, and to help people find groups for Raiding and all those ideas I have yet to think of that are yet to show themselves in SW:TOR.

Again many thanks for all your support it is greatly appreciated Smile

Kind regards

Ty-Odi

Last edited by Ty-Odi on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Good stuff. Count me in, of course!
Back to top Go down
MorgonKara
Shot First
MorgonKara

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Hello.
Back to top Go down
MorgonKara
Shot First
MorgonKara

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:29 pm

These forums aren't bad.
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:37 am

I am Darka, bit of a lurker on the forums so you may not know me.
Just saying hey
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:18 am

Hi all! Smile

It's about time I said hi, too! As you may have noticed, the appearance of the board has changed and may still change several times. If any of you have any input on the layot, I'm all ears. As for now, I'm off to bed (soon™️).

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Selven a.k.a the Old Bat
Back to top Go down
archifikos

archifikos

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:38 am

Hello there!

Glad to be here amongst like-minded members of the SWTOR community. Hopefully when the game is released we will be able to do our part in making the game's community a positive example for others!
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:40 am

The layout is really, really impressive!

I love the cityscape planet. My concerns are partly in the textured look of the main message field (it's difficult for my eyes to focus on the text) ... and the text in the main title/logo. It'd be kinda cool if it was in a more spacey, or at least angular, sort of font. Although the letters have defined serifs, the shadows cut out parts of the letters.

A little of the same happens in the index-calendar-Faq-Search-etc. buttons, but not to the same extent.

I have minimal experience in graphics and only marginal experience in text art. Some of these fonts or font families may be worth looking into:

Preview of the fonts in order

Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) Fonts

Links to fonts:
Amalgama
Devil Breeze
Dylovastuff
WipeoutZone's Wipeout Fusion Menu Fonts

Personally, I'm fond of Devil Breeze Medium and Book. Things could look different on a dark background, though.

The link to Wipeout fonts was inspired by THIS article on successful fonts in video games.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:26 pm

SandsS wrote:
The layout is really, really impressive!

I love the cityscape planet. My concerns are partly in the textured look of the main message field (it's difficult for my eyes to focus on the text) ... and the text in the main title/logo. It'd be kinda cool if it was in a more spacey, or at least angular, sort of font. Although the letters have defined serifs, the shadows cut out parts of the letters.

A little of the same happens in the index-calendar-Faq-Search-etc. buttons, but not to the same extent.

I have minimal experience in graphics and only marginal experience in text art. Some of these fonts or font families may be worth looking into:

Personally, I'm fond of Devil Breeze Medium and Book. Things could look different on a dark background, though.

The link to Wipeout fonts was inspired by THIS article on successful fonts in video games.

Funny you should give those examples! Here's what I'm looking at as of right now;

Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) Coollo10
(the colours are just an example)

Thank you for your kind words and for the suggestions Smile Much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:52 pm

Hey everyone, and thanks for Odi and others involved in getting this going.

I'll be as active as I can given work, school and other activities (like baging my head against the actual TOR forums,) looks like a lot of fun!

Should we have a suggestion box or some place to voice our opinion of functions to add, and see what people think? I know everything is still new (and quite well done so far, good job!) but I'm never at a lack for ideas Razz
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Selven wrote:

Funny you should give those examples! Here's what I'm looking at as of right now;

Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) Coollo10
(the colours are just an example)

Thank you for your kind words and for the suggestions Smile Much appreciated!

Ahah! Still a little shadow-choppy, but definitely a move in the right direction. I'd have felt bad making suggestions if I hadn't backed it up with at least a LITTLE work.
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:49 am

Hey everyone! Glad to be here! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:13 pm

Gamewiz wrote:
Hey everyone! Glad to be here! Smile

Glad to have you join us!
Back to top Go down
Finiffa

Finiffa

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:21 pm

Just here to say HELLO to you all and happy to be here!
I'll post some more about myself once I'm home from work.
Back to top Go down
MorgonKara
Shot First
MorgonKara

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Hey the RIG website is looking great.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:24 pm

MorgonKara wrote:
Hey the RIG website is looking great.

Indeed, I am liking it a lot, and think Selven has done a terrific job in getting it so! Smile So massive great big thankyou to Selven for all her hard work in getting this done!! Smile

So yeah, I would say, lets start getting people on the boards?

I will begin messaging people tonight, if any of you have anyone or are willing to help with this, as it could be a bit of an undertaking perhaps, that would be fantastic Smile
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:

I will begin messaging people tonight, if any of you have anyone or are willing to help with this, as it could be a bit of an undertaking perhaps, that would be fantastic Smile

Gimme a list and I'll fire them off, maybe come up with something for us to copy paste into the messages for a basic letter.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:45 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:

Gimme a list and I'll fire them off, maybe come up with something for us to copy paste into the messages for a basic letter.

Thanks mate,

I will see what I can do, lol, I have over 100 people on my friendslist now, and thats not including those who just sent me PMs without adding me, or the many people who posted on the forums but did not PM me.....haha, this could take a while Smile

In the meantime guys, if you see anyone from the thread who is not on here yet, please feel free to invite them on here.

I am tempted to simply put the link on the thread for a while, at the end of the day, if anyone has the intent of coming here to cause trouble they will do so anyways, so no point worrying about it too much?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Kai-Sun wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:

Thanks mate,

I will see what I can do, lol, I have over 100 people on my friendslist now, and thats not including those who just sent me PMs without adding me, or the many people who posted on the forums but did not PM me.....haha, this could take a while Smile

In the meantime guys, if you see anyone from the thread who is not on here yet, please feel free to invite them on here.

I am tempted to simply put the link on the thread for a while, at the end of the day, if anyone has the intent of coming here to cause trouble they will do so anyways, so no point worrying about it too much?

Thoughts?

First thought is, your Spam avatar makes me hungry. /shakes fist.

Secondly, it's probably fine to post the link, as you have to approve anyone who goes through anyway.

Last edited by Kai-Sun on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Kai-Sun wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:

Thanks mate,

Thoughts?

I see no reason why we can't eventually open up this place to the public, as that's how you'll get a bigger crowd of like-minded people. Because through invite-only requests that have to be approved by an administrator will definitely get tiring for those involved. Wink

Troublemakers will be troublemakers... The beauty of your own forums is you can enforce your own rules. Wink Just have good mods that won't tolerate people stirring up trouble and we'll be good to go. This place is for those who support TOR and want to keep an air of respect across it's members. Just make sure all members stick to that.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi newcomers! Good to have more familiar "nicks" over Smile

Keep 'em coming!
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Selven wrote:

Keep 'em coming!

Selven,

Is there any way in which people can be auto accepted onto the boards? rather than one of us having to accept them? (My Phone has not stopped going off what with PMs on the main boards, and the fact I am still subsribed to a number of threads on here, hehe, not that I mind when I am awake, but is a nuisance when I am trying to sleep, haha Smile
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Selven wrote:

Keep 'em coming!

Selven,

Is there any way in which people can be auto accepted onto the boards? rather than one of us having to accept them? (My Phone has not stopped going off what with PMs on the main boards, and the fact I am still subsribed to a number of threads on here, hehe, not that I mind when I am awake, but is a nuisance when I am trying to sleep, haha Smile

Also, I can't get it to stop sending me messages about replies, when I have it turned off in my preferences. It's not bad now, but with more people it's going to be a problem
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Selven wrote:

Keep 'em coming!

Selven,

lol Sleep is overrated *nods and cackles uncontrollably*

Ahem ...let me get back to that accepting issue.

Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) Sig12
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:
Selven wrote:

Keep 'em coming!

Selven,

Also, I can't get it to stop sending me messages about replies, when I have it turned off in my preferences. It's not bad now, but with more people it's going to be a problem

click the 'Stop watching this thread' button on the bottom right of the page. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)   Well let me be the 1st to say hello :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well let me be the 1st to say hello :)
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: Hello & Welcome :) :: Members Area - A Chance to say hi, and introduce yourselves-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com