AuthorMessage
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Friday Update - 26th Nov - Empty
PostSubject: Friday Update - 26th Nov -   Friday Update - 26th Nov - I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:22 pm

We got new inhabitants. That flash page kill my browser every time. Sad

Also, it was confirmed that BioWare use a 3rd party agency to send betaGame Testing invites (and surveys): Magid. Check your spam.

Edit:

I forgot, avoid the official forum...QQ have already started over the update.

Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - 26th Nov -   Friday Update - 26th Nov - I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:54 pm

Eh, not all updates are equal, think this was the least exciting for me, but it's nothing to QQ about.

Smile

*edit: especially since it's thanksgiving week, I'd rather them have a day or two off with family then get an update, so this was nice for that.

Last edited by Kai-Sun on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Natheless

Natheless

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - 26th Nov -   Friday Update - 26th Nov - I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks for the info azarhal (it was early today!). I usually avoid the official forums as much as possible these days. Nothing there that isn't instantly repeated across a dozen other sites with far less arm-chair nit-picking.

I did read that thread yesterday though (or the night before?), it piqued my curiosity. Amusing that the original repeating of what was in the email stated that it was a *possibility* that by completing the survey that you'd get into testing (didn't say if it was just the yes/no - you passed or whether you'd be put into a further draw); and now it's "Whoo-hoo, I'm in testing and get to play for the next month!"
The dev posting even repeats it: "If you are selected for testing..." <minus the underlining of course>

...something tells me that there's going to be a further s-storm on Monday when people aren't getting their much awaited invite-to-download after winding themselves up about it all weekend (and probably telling all their friends)

Flash site indeed; I wait for a couple of hours to catch up on another site, or watch the videos on Youtube. At least my pc isn't locking up that way.

Am I one of the only ones who didn't even sign up for the beta testing?
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - 26th Nov -   Friday Update - 26th Nov - I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:33 pm

azarhal wrote:
Also, it was confirmed that BioWare use a 3rd party agency to send betaGame Testing invites (and surveys): Magid. Check your spam.
Is it that mail saying "It's just cool!"? It's from EnlargePenis.Hi15@yahoo.com....

At least the whiners are not always the majority Smile A lot of people just telling the whiners to shut up and realize Bioware owes us nothing

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - 26th Nov -   Friday Update - 26th Nov - I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 3:21 pm

Natheless wrote:
Thanks for the info azarhal (it was early today!). I usually avoid the official forums as much as possible these days. Nothing there that isn't instantly repeated across a dozen other sites with far less arm-chair nit-picking.

My pleasure, I usually check Darthhater before the official website on Friday myself.

Quote :
...something tells me that there's going to be a further s-storm on Monday when people aren't getting their much awaited invite-to-download after winding themselves up about it all weekend (and probably telling all their friends)

Bring the anti-QQ armor...Sometimes I feel like the SWTOR forum is filled with spoiled 5 years old.

For reference, the "spoiled child syndrome" is defined as:
Quote :
The syndrome is characterized by "excessive, self-centered, and immature behavior". It includes lack of consideration for other people, recurrent temper tantrums, an inability to handle the delay of gratification, demands for having one's own way, obstructiveness, and manipulation.

Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - 26th Nov -   Friday Update - 26th Nov - I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Interesting tidbit from Darth Hater.

Sith Pureblood page mentions "Repelled the Rakata..."

Hrm, interesting
Back to top Go down
Natheless

Natheless

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - 26th Nov -   Friday Update - 26th Nov - I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 3:39 pm

Grome wrote:
azarhal wrote:
Is it that mail saying "It's just cool!"? It's from EnlargePenis.Hi15@yahoo.com....

fact- they both occur over the internet
fact- both involve email
fact- both are dealing with e-peens (how some view testing)
conclusion - same email. And when your inbox gets flooded with even further spam; QQ about how the dev on the SWTOR forums told you to answer the email. Razz
(and yes, I agree that there are at least people saying that nothing's owed; which I both agree and disagree with, but we'll just move past that.) <I've worked in marketing before; I have opinions.>

azarhal wrote:

Bring the anti-QQ armor...

or... we could just ignore the whole thing and stay here on these forums. It's much more fun here anyways.
Love the definition!

Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - 26th Nov -   Friday Update - 26th Nov - I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 7:16 pm

I love the new screenshots. The graphics are getting better and better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aurabesh

Aurabesh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aurabesh

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - 26th Nov -   Friday Update - 26th Nov - I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:06 pm

I did sign up for Beta testing...when i still had a pc to do it on Razz
And i still enjoy the updates every friday...for me its more of an indication devellopment hasnt come to a full stop now Beta is running (which alot of games do unfortunately)
New inhabitants = a more lively environment = more fun to explore Smile

I will wait for Darth Hater and/or SWTOR Station for the update news.
The TOR forums are becomming more and more like the WoW forums...also a forum i evaded like the plague Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - 26th Nov -   Friday Update - 26th Nov - I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday Update - 26th Nov -
Page 1 of 1