The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone get the lucky number?

Go down 
+12
Stryklone
Dretch
Grome
Godric_Barbarosa
Variable
Narevek
Schwendo
Lanius
Ty-Odi
azarhal
Kai-Sun
Gamewiz
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Anyone get the lucky number? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 3:42 pm

In case you didn't see it on the forums, but there was a buzz going around that a wave of beta invites went out. http://swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=229773

Stephen Reid confirmed in that thread that invites had gone out. Anyone in our group get a lucky number? Obviously, do NOT go into details (breaking NDA), but you are allowed to say whether or not you got it.

Unfortunately, I didn't win the lottery.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:05 pm

I didn't either, but I'm not sure I'd want to play beta personally.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:

I was wondering the same thing myself. I'm not sure if I want to play "beta" anyway. The last few beta I was in, were not exactly "fun".
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:

Not me... I'd kill to get into this beta.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Well if any of you get one and don't want it, wing it over lol.

I am UK based so not a cat in hells chance of me getting one just yet Sad

Crap as it is, hey ho! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 7:13 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Well if any of you get one and don't want it, wing it over lol.

I am UK based so not a cat in hells chance of me getting one just yet Sad

Crap as it is, hey ho! Smile

Some of this new invites went to UK people. (or so they say)
You will probably get an invite before I do. I bet that this tests are for English speaking countries only.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 7:19 pm

No dice on the "Scw'invite"....unhappy....it makes me...
Back to top Go down
Narevek

Narevek

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:32 am

No happy email for me...

but that's ok, I've already had my fun testing it. I'll let it be someone else's turn now, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://eclipse-guild.com
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:36 am

None for me. I don't really want one, but if given the chance, I don't think I could stay away.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:12 pm

You know, I'm wondering if there is some screening going on with the "game testing". The survey was some type of screening, so it's possible there is screening to gather the "email" from BioWare side as well (for various stuff).

Which is good, because BioWare want to see specific results out of these testing phases and not some random FPS player sending them hate letters because the combat isn't real-time.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:34 pm

I understand where Kai is coming from. I would love to play this game and help the devs make it better. On the other hand I don't want to spoil any of the story for myself. I'd be hard pressed to turn them down but I doubt one will come my way because my computer is so old. I'm going to get a new one once they announce a release date and system recommendations.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
I understand where Kai is coming from. I would love to play this game and help the devs make it better. On the other hand I don't want to spoil any of the story for myself. I'd be hard pressed to turn them down but I doubt one will come my way because my computer is so old. I'm going to get a new one once they announce a release date and system recommendations.

Yea, I have a real strong desire to test the Jedi Knight to make it stellar when it launches, to make sure it's done right as a tank.

However, I just really don't want the spoilers, I want to experience the game with my friends with it being fresh for me instead of being a big spoiler warning label.

Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:19 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
However, I just really don't want the spoilers, I want to experience the game with my friends with it being fresh for me instead of being a big spoiler warning label.

Anyone get the lucky number? 16

I'm mostly scared of open beta. That's about when I'll stop visiting the official forum.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:45 pm

azarhal wrote:
I'm mostly scared of open beta. That's about when I'll stop visiting the official forum.
They will probably not allow spoilers just in any forum come that time. Or/and add a spoiler tool for the forums.
Back to top Go down
Dretch

Dretch

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:51 pm

I was stiffed as well. No invite for me yet. I would like to beta test this. I was in Warhamers beta tests. They didn't listen to anyone in my opinion. We know how that turned out. Anyway I would like a shot at it. It seems to me the Devs actually listen to the community based on the official forums.
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Too busy to be in any MMO right now and wouldn't be able to give testing justice. Luckily my time should free up better around Spring. Now, if only there is a good game to play in Spring ...
Back to top Go down
MorgonKara
Shot First
MorgonKara

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Nope, I didn't get the email. Anyone get the lucky number? 285378
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Lots of QQ on the official forum because people haven't received their emails yet (the one who were told they were selected).

Anyone get the lucky number? 25260
Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 3:10 pm

A friend of mine just found out yesterday that he got the email and filled out the survey... lucky bastard.
Back to top Go down
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Not I... but I'm not sad about it. I don't want to spoil what awaits me in game when it does release!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:55 pm

Yeah, to be honest, I would rather "jump in" at launch. I would then be with all my fellow guild friends, PLUS the new friends from RiG. (Anti-Schw-ipation increasing..can't wait!) Wink
Back to top Go down
Mannic

Mannic

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Considering BW's proviso that you may not be invited back from one stage to the next, I'm not sure it's really that bad of a thing to be excluded from early testing. You might end up being grateful if you get an invite to a later stage when the game is more complete, while people who were in the earlier, less completed stages find themselves on the outside looking in.

I feel bad for the people who got the survey e-mail, filled it out, got a message that they had been accepted and would be receiving their invitation on Monday, and still haven't received their invites. That's gotta be ten times worse than not getting one at all.

It's like being stood-up by the really, really hot girl who finally said she'd go out with you only to leave you high and dry at the restaurant.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Mannic wrote:
Considering BW's proviso that you may not be invited back from one stage to the next, I'm not sure it's really that bad of a thing to be excluded from early testing. You might end up being grateful if you get an invite to a later stage when the game is more complete, while people who were in the earlier, less completed stages find themselves on the outside looking in.

"May not" being the operative words. The general thinking is that if you provide lots of quality feedback you are more likely to get additional testing time. If you use your testing slot as just a chance to play the game early for free then, yeah, you won't get asked again later, and rightfully so.
Back to top Go down
Ivyrane

Ivyrane

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:48 pm

Lanius wrote:

Some of this new invites went to UK people. (or so they say)

I can confirm one cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Ivyrane wrote:
I can confirm one cheers Very Happy

Anyone get the lucky number? 260410
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get the lucky number?   Anyone get the lucky number? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone get the lucky number?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: General Discussion - Talk about anything SW:TOR-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com