AuthorMessage
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Qint B'san
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Name of Toon Empty
PostSubject: Name of Toon   Name of Toon I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:38 pm

I'm surprised to see how many people have already decided what their toon name will be when SW:TOR comes out. They've picked their name, race, allegiance, job already so they can hit the ground running. Me, I know allegiance and maybe job, but race is still up in the air and as for name... hmm. I'm semi tempted to call myself Quince, but I have never repeated a toon's name across all the MMO's I've played, at least with the names I remember:

FF XI: Arahaar, Chloe and two others that I don't remember any more, basically AH alts
WoW - Alliance: Barbarosa, Quandry, Quirky, Quaich, Quixotic, Quiddity, a couple other "Q" names
Age of Conan: Quince and a couple of other "Q" alts
WoW - Horde: Dragmar, Neocalf, a bunch of other alts including two level 80's who's names ellude me
Aion - I forget
SWG - Nigs Q'tal, Giada, Fastbuck Freddie, Qid Charlemagne
Fallen Earth - I forget
Lord of the Rings Online - Findalaladour, Glaxorin plus some other alts including SusieToeTag... Laughing

I'm actually leaning toward repeat Quince but it also feels awkward. Guess I have a bit of time to resolve this though.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Name of Toon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of Toon   Name of Toon I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:19 pm

Most people who already got names, do so because of role-playing reasons...

I usually pick a name when I look at the the character creation screen from a pool of names I created for others games (online or single player) or variation of them. Sometimes I also use the name generator, keep something I like and tweak it a little.

azarhal was actually the name of my first character to finish Baldur's Gate 2. I made a lot of variation of that name since 1999. I'm kind of moving away from this name though.

I also have a Fredibald in DDO (it come from my LoTRO trial a few years ago, when I was trying to make a good Hobbit name).

Gloriana and Mezian were used in Guild Wars and I like them a lot and I think they make nice RP names.

Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Name of Toon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of Toon   Name of Toon I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Well Ty-Odi or some variance there off has been my gamer name since......well.....a LOOOOOONG....long time ago, lol, and I always use it, it helps people who I have played with in the past find me and so on, and you would be amazed how often I get a /tell from someone who says - hey are you the Ty-Odi from xxxxxx Game., on xxxxxx Server?

Its just nice to have that from people as I have met so many awesome people in games over the years and thank fully other than some Forum trolls who I have fallen out with over various reasons I have never needed to avoid anyone so never really saw a point in not using the same name?

I have done slight variances of it, like I mentioned to fit other games slightly better, but it has always been as close or the same if possible. As for my Alts? Well they are more names to fit the game, but my main is like I said always Ty-Odi in some form Smile

Name of Toon Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Name of Toon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of Toon   Name of Toon I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 6:43 pm

I usually have a list of names I like to use or be known by, but I generally don't use them unless I think it fits the class (No PinkBunnyOfDoom as a sith or anything...)

I also never tend to really reuse names.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Name of Toon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of Toon   Name of Toon I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 6:49 pm

I picked mine Q off my SWG toons, plus a lil' "homage" to Mazi...

I thought it would be funny to have the ancestor of Schwendo IG as a Jedi...

Conversely, I thought up a hybrid name off of what Mazi wrote down on his "family tree" that his mom gave me...

Sponsored content

Name of Toon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name of Toon   Name of Toon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name of Toon
Page 1 of 1