AuthorMessage
Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Wilburt
Class: Bounty Hunter
Guild:

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:23 pm

I wanted to know if anyone knew any good sites with star wars lore pertaining to SWTOR's time period.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:26 pm

You can try the SWToR book, "Fatal Alliance". Its ok, and basically goes over just about every playable class. I really liked that part of it. The end was kind of abrupt, but the plot was nice! It really introduces you to planets like Dromund Kaas, Corucsant, etc...

Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Wookiepedia.

Pretty much covers it all mate Smile

Star wars lore Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:27 pm

That too Ty, rofl!!!

Thx for the UK help! Smile

azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:30 pm

The only star wars lore website I know (and use) is Wookieepedia.

Also there isn't that much information about the game time period, that's why BioWare selected it as when the game happen. You can still find all the lore released by BioWare for the game on Wookieepedia. Also BioWare got an official timeline that explain a few things on the official website.

You can start with this page, 3,681 BBY is the year the Sith Empire came back. 28 years before the Sacking of Coruscant and the Treaty, the game start a few years after the Treaty was signed.

edit: I wasn't fast enough. Crying or Very sad

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:32 pm

actually i was on Wookieepedia yesterday and read the whole story line to "The Force Unleashed 2". i liked it lol, and i was like, if they have the story on the internet why buy the game?
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:36 pm

And if you haven't played KoTOR (1, but also 2) yet that is definitely worth a shot. It won't give you all that much background information but still some, and will get you in the mindset - and most of all you will have fun Smile

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:35 am

AH YEAH!

Darn Gromey, I forgot all about KOTAR 1,2! I need to play those 2 again early next year. That way, its all fresh in my noggin' for TOR-launch!

Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:08 pm

lol i went online to search for KOTOR 1&2 and there are no copies within 100 miles of where i live so i guess I'm going to have to check amazon.com lol
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:18 pm

They had it at Best Buy in a "Star Wars bundle" deal. I think it was KOTAR 1,2, Republic Commando (aweful), and that strategy SW game...

I'll look for it next time i'm there (i'm there all the time looking for music), and let you know what the name is...

Hope that helps Fett' Smile

Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:24 am

oh yea man thanks bro, ill look for it, and looking for music? Frostwire FTW? its not "stealing" music. It's more like indulging in something someone else is doing lol
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:31 am

Hehe, I need to be careful in that. I own a Dj company, if ASCAP caught me without " purchase proof" I can get in BIG trouble. Sad..Thus, the best buy trips Sad

Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:35 am

you own a DJ company, now that is sick, yea i could see how frostwire is a nono lol but i love best buy anyways so i would go to best buy anytime because i'm a computer junkie lol
Back to top Go down
Lednik

Lednik

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:19 am

Okay, probably this isn't the right place to express my frustration, but still. Its boiling in me for decades Smile
In one of the SW episodes (which one it was?) we saw a whole regiment of stormtroopers, the supposed-to-be the most fearsome fighting force in the Galactic, being destroyed by a group of 1 meter high hairy panda-like creatures. Armed with light sticks and stones.
George Lukas, sir, what were you smoking?!

...sorry for the offtopic...
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:22 am

Fett_Fan27 wrote:
lol i went online to search for KOTOR 1&2 and there are no copies within 100 miles of where i live so i guess I'm going to have to check amazon.com lol

Might I suggest you download Steam and buy it online as a digital download?
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:25 am

Lednik wrote:
Okay, probably this isn't the right place to express my frustration, but still. Its boiling in me for decades Smile
In one of the SW episodes (which one it was?) we saw a whole regiment of stormtroopers, the supposed-to-be the most fearsome fighting force in the Galactic, being destroyed by a group of 1 meter high hairy panda-like creatures. Armed with light sticks and stones.

It's okay, I kinda got a bit pissed off by that too at age 12...it was supposed to be on Kashykk and they were supposed to fight Wookies but it changed for whatever reason.

Let's not forget that he also brought us...Jarjar Binks...but were it not for Him there would be none of this. I mean hey, Nature gave us the platypus, Justin Bieber and the designated hitter, so everyone has their faults!
Back to top Go down
Mannic

Mannic

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Lednik wrote:

My theory is that RotJ was when Lucas figured out that if you insert things into the movie that are specifically marketable to kids, you sell lots and lots of merchandise. SW always made more money off merchandizing that off the movies themselves, and GL started to plan for it rather than just making the movie and hoping people would want a toy X-Wing. And what's more marketable to little kids than a friggin Star Wars Teddy Bear?

And by the time he got around to making the prequels, this attitude had infested every part of the movie-making process. Children became the target-market rather than just another part of a larger market. The prequels really do have the feel of a non-animated Pixar flick, only without the charm.

Back to top Go down
Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:16 am

Lednik wrote:

it was Return of the Jedi and George Lucas is actually a pretty horrible director, did u know he wanted to make Han Solo an alien like Guido? (Green alien that has a head kind of like an ant eater) but they did have the tech or funding to do it, but could u imagine if Han Solo was an alien? so George Lucas does a good job when he doesn't get exactly what he wants.

and so in return of the Jedi he got what he wanted and it was horrible. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:28 am

EP VI and EP I were one and the same to me. They did exactly what Mannic said. They went for the $$$, vice the story/content. How can you go from the dark masterpiece of "Empire Strikes Back", to little "Fuzzball-Viet Cong" wiping out and entire leeeeegion of the Emperor's own?? Its just puzzling.

My only reason is...Power corrupts....and...Absolute (Unliiiiiimited) Power...corrupts absolutely...

*No Viet-Cong were hurt in the making of this post*

Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:52 am

Schwendo wrote:
EP VI and EP I were one and the same to me. They did exactly what Mannic said. They went for the $$$, vice the story/content. How can you go from the dark masterpiece of "Empire Strikes Back", to little "Fuzzball-Viet Cong" wiping out and entire leeeeegion of the Emperor's own?? Its just puzzling.

My only reason is...Power corrupts....and...Absolute (Unliiiiiimited) Power...corrupts absolutely...

*No Viet-Cong were hurt in the making of this post*

LAWLS!

P.S> Say what you will. I liked the ewoks. They were the comic relief, like R2 and 3PO which has been a constant in the whole Star Wars saga. That is until the inception of jar jar...
Back to top Go down
Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:19 am

jar jar was a horrible character and played hardly any role in the story... he wasn't even funny lol
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:27 am

/baths in the Jar Jar hatred!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Take that Selven!!!! hahaha Very Happy

Star wars lore Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:34 am

Ty-Odi wrote:
/baths in the Jar Jar hatred!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Take that Selven!!!! hahaha Very Happy
lol
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:35 am

Mesaa Hated jar jar....great...now i'm friggen (<--Selvan profanity filter activated) talking like him!

I almost instantly hated him....that voice was soooooo annoying!

Star wars lore 340951 Star wars lore 340951 Star wars lore 340951 Star wars lore 340951 Star wars lore 340951 Star wars lore 340951 Star wars lore 340951 Star wars lore 340951 Star wars lore 340951

Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:37 am

i dont get whats so funny about talking like a four year old with a voice as soothing as the sound of a dying cat.

its just proof that George Lucas cant be allowed to get exactly what he wants lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Star wars lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star wars lore   Star wars lore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star wars lore
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next