Respect In Gaming

HomeRegisterLog in

Gelotri: An Introduction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gelotri

Gelotri: An Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:25 am

Just joined and want to say hello. I redirected from SWTOR forums. I think what you are starting here is a very worthwhile endeavor. I am a long-time MMO'er and remember the early days of SWG when it was a community of friendly and helpful folks. It made such an impact on me that I have used it as the measuring stick for every game I have played since.

About me:
I am a father of eight children (who are also gamers) and grandfather to 6.5 grandchildren (who will hopefully game with me at some point). I write fantasy novels for a living and though not a New York Times best seller, I do quite well.

I spend a great deal of time researching for my books and gaming. I feel the best way to do well at something is to immerse yourself in it.
I ram a successful guild in SWG for 5 years and hope to do the same in TOR. I do look forward to interacting with everyone and having a great time doing so.

If I can ever be of any assistance, please dont hesitate to ask.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:28 am

Gelotri wrote:
Just joined and want to say hello. I redirected from SWTOR forums. I think what you are starting here is a very worthwhile endeavor. I am a long-time MMO'er and remember the early days of SWG when it was a community of friendly and helpful folks. It made such an impact on me that I have used it as the measuring stick for every game I have played since.

About me:
I am a father of eight children (who are also gamers) and grandfather to 6.5 grandchildren (who will hopefully game with me at some point). I write fantasy novels for a living and though not a New York Times best seller, I do quite well.

I spend a great deal of time researching for my books and gaming. I feel the best way to do well at something is to immerse yourself in it.
I ram a successful guild in SWG for 5 years and hope to do the same in TOR. I do look forward to interacting with everyone and having a great time doing so.

Welcome to the community, glad to have you.

Just don't tear my stories apart in the community creation section Razz I'm an aspiring writer, though I'm still working on it.
Back to top Go down
archifikos

archifikos

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Gelotri wrote:

About me:

Welcome!

It's great that you're a writer... I will definitely seek your help if I decide to post any RP stories. Fortunately, my English is good enough so you won't have to be a Google translator Wink I will start writing after the game is actually launched, as I'll have a better view on the lore and overall feel I'll have to strive for. That is, if it's OK with you of course!

Back to top Go down
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Welcome! If you are planning on starting a Guild... I'll definitely be keeping my eye on it should I start looking to join one. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:34 pm

Welcome to the boards Smile

And I look forward to reading some of your work Smile (I am a big time reader, hehe, so you shoud let me know some of your stuff, and I will take a look!!)

Gelotri: An Introduction Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
UK

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Thats the truth all Ty likes to do is read, read, and read some more Smile lol
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:40 pm

Welcome Gel'!

I also run a guild in SWG for the last 7+ years. Its bleak now, due to server population, but the heydays were something I truly hope will be replicated in TOR!

Kids and Grandkids! Wow, you've been BUSY! My wife and I are expecting our son in just a few days!

Gelotri is "Gel-in like Magellan(A Portugese explorer, hehe)"

Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Gelotri wrote:

About me:
I am a father of eight children (who are also gamers) and grandfather to 6.5 grandchildren

I'm wondering, is it a Yoda? I mean the half one?

Gelotri: An Introduction Sig12
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:13 pm

Selven wrote:
Gelotri wrote:

About me:
I am a father of eight children (who are also gamers) and grandfather to 6.5 grandchildren

lol!
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:27 pm

( Gelotri: An Introduction 44873 ): MMMmmmm, me...the .05 one....I am....

Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Schwendo wrote:
( Gelotri: An Introduction 44873 ): MMMmmmm, me...the .05 one....I am....

Indeed!

/runs off to find some more (goofy) smilies

Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Haha! I actually like the "smiles" you have farao <Schw-Im-Ho-Tep!

Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Haha! I actually like the "smiles" you have farao <Schw-Im-Ho-Tep!

lol Now there's one I never would have expected to see on this forum!

Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Hey Selv',

There could be, an um, Ancient Egyptian Jedi.....like...Jedi Master Annu-Horus Sky-Pyramid-Walker...(Forrest): It's a household name

Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Laughing

mkay!

Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:

And I look forward to reading some of your work Smile (I am a big time reader, hehe, so you shoud let me know some of your stuff, and I will take a look!!)

Seconded! I'm glad to see so many people taking an interest in the RiG. Apparently we're a diverse bunch. I love you
Back to top Go down
Gelotri

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:27 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Gelotri wrote:

About me:

Welcome to the community, glad to have you.

Just don't tear my stories apart in the community creation section Razz I'm an aspiring writer, though I'm still working on it.

Dont worry about me being a critic. I am the last one one to criticize. I have to pay to have my books edited. The publishers editors try to take to many liberties and it somehow loses the intent when that happens. I did fire my last editor though.

Creativity and unique thinking is the cornerstone to genious
Back to top Go down
Gelotri

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:35 pm

archifikos wrote:
Gelotri wrote:

About me:

Welcome!

It's great that you're a writer... I will definitely seek your help if I decide to post any RP stories. Fortunately, my English is good enough so you won't have to be a Google translator Wink I will start writing after the game is actually launched, as I'll have a better view on the lore and overall feel I'll have to strive for. That is, if it's OK with you of course!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Just reading the forums here, this is just the place to be for me. A lot of creative minds and good-natured folks. Down-to-earth is a good term. I look forward to participating in some of your RP stories.

Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm

Ah well, good criticism or just what you liked and didn't help a great deal, and I'm one who can take advice.

But besides that, we're glad to have you, hope we'll be a lot of fun for you!

Back to top Go down
Gelotri

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:

Well, if you are interested, Barnes & Noble and Borders tend to carry some occasionally. Also Amazon.

First novel: Dream Paladin
Author M.Dennis
Site: Dream Paladin

The second in the series is currently being read by a test reader group

Also started a Wizards series and it is in the editing phase.
Back to top Go down
Gelotri

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:51 pm

Selven wrote:
Gelotri wrote:

About me:

Now that made me spill my coffee. Wife came in to see if I was ok. Guess laughing that loud peaked her curiosity.

Daughter has one in the oven.
Back to top Go down
Gelotri

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Welcome Gel'!

I also run a guild in SWG for the last 7+ years. Its bleak now, due to server population, but the heydays were something I truly hope will be replicated in TOR!

Kids and Grandkids! Wow, you've been BUSY! My wife and I are expecting our son in just a few days!

Gelotri is "Gel-in like Magellan(A Portugese explorer, hehe)"

My Guild was Ranger Corps. We probably played together at some point as there were several large guilds as you may remember that often hung out together.

I finally gave up on SWG. Always thought I would be there until they turned the lights out. I just couldnt wrap my head around zombies in a SW universe. Seems all developers do these days is add zombies as so-called content. What is the industries facination with zombies these days? Some orginal thought would go a long way.

Edit: Almost forgot...Gelotri uses a "soft g" as in golf.

Last edited by Gelotri on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Gelotri wrote:
Selven wrote:
Gelotri wrote:

About me:

Now that made me spill my coffee. Wife came in to see if I was ok. Guess laughing that loud peaked her curiosity.

Daughter has one in the oven.

I'm sorry I made you spill your coffee, but on the flip side, very happy I made your wife move!
(Gotta go polish that /Force pull )

*mumbles something about having a Yoda instead of the usual Christmas turkey this year*

Gelotri: An Introduction 16668

Back to top Go down
ShavedEwok

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Hello Gelotri!

Just dropping by to say hi and welcome. Smile

Cheers

SE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gelotri: An Introduction   Gelotri: An Introduction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gelotri: An Introduction
Page 1 of 1