The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested?

Go down 
+21
CRR_Kathy
TheJW
Mongo
Lanius
Redriot
Aylin
Stryklone
Vhayl Una
Dresgar
Abslom-dak
HDubNZ
Horeon
Mannic
Schwendo
Mli
Kai-Sun
Grome
Godric_Barbarosa
Lednik
Xaxus
Darka
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CRR_Kathy

CRR_Kathy

The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested?   The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Community is important, definitely. But for me, slightly more important is that there be a variety of things to do to hold my interest. I've played WoW on and and off for several years now, and I know it's popular to say that it's the people that keeps bringing me back, but sometimes it's the people that drive me away. What keeps me there? Some other silly thing drags me back and I have fun playing with that aspect of the game.

I feel optimistic that TOR will offer a variety of activities that will keep me interested for a long time -- end game, crew skills, space combat, warzones, and hopefully achievements.
Back to top Go down
http://www.corellianrun.com
Jester

Jester

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Jester
Class: Trooper
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested?   The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:11 am

Going to have to hop on the community bandwagon here ^^

Other then that i will come down to howmuch my character will actualy be MY character,customisation is kind of a big deal to me Smile
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Qint B'san
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested?   The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:41 am

It's hard for me to pinpoint what I want. "I'll know it when I see it"... lol. Community is important, interesting objectives (good story, quests, goals, what have you.) A decent crafting system, a varied environment, active support to making the game a "living" entity. The game needs to make me feel like I'm contributing in some way and I'd prefer to not be a grind-fest. I want to enjoy all parts of the game: leveling up, crafting, pvp, end game, etc. Is that too much to ask for?
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested?   The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Jester wrote:
Going to have to hop on the community bandwagon here ^^

Other then that i will come down to howmuch my character will actualy be MY character,customisation is kind of a big deal to me Smile

Have to agree with you on the character thing. I (probably) get too attached to my characters, but I need to feel my character. Yeah, community first. That's gonna keep me logging in for a looong time.

Allthough I have to admit, some days solo play with chat turned off is delightful! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rafel Xavian

Rafel Xavian

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Rafel Xavian
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Sanctus Amicitia

PostSubject: Re: The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested?   The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Ooh! Awsome topic!

For me it's always been the community that keeps me there and ends up dragging me back if I manage to get some time off. Heck I always considered WoW to be somewhat of an arcade game after years of EQ but it was the people I played with that kept me going.

Besides that it'd like the game to provide some form of longevity in terms of story even with endgame. Just new places to raid wouldn't be enough. More story and more reason to roleplay. Also I'd like to see BW enforcing and supporting RP on the RP-realms. Alternate ways to spend time perhaps.. an interesting crafting system could keep me occupied when there's no one to RP with.
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Sanctus_Amicitia
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested?   The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Longevity of TOR: What is going to keep you interested?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: General Discussion - Talk about anything SW:TOR-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com