AuthorMessage
Darth_Malefic

Darth_Malefic

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

Greetings from Austin, TX! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:36 am

Hello everyone. A personal thank you to the creators of R.I.G. and the growing community for like-minded gamers. I posted the message below in the thread on the TOR site, but thought I would share my thoughts here as well. Again, thank you for creating a mature community for the casual or serious gamer.

"I applaud the efforts of those who will participate in the "Old School" style community, and I would participate fully.

I have played various MMO's, none more than WoW, and among the many issues that I have with the game is the lack of a cohesive, self-policed community. The endless barrage of chatter, one-upsmanship, profane and base commentary, etc in the General Chat or Trade channels had me constantly using the ignore channel.

The interactive nature of an MMO allows individuals to hide behind a ficticious, anonymous character. Continued immersion in this alter ego desensitizes the individual to the human element of the other players. Thus you see the abusive and disrespectful behavior.

Understand, I am not prudish, but the deplorable behavior exhibited in game (no matter which server!) finally made me give up WoW.

I have no illusions that this can be prevented by the simple charter proposed here, but if enough like minded individuals band together, then the majority can mitigate the disrespectful behavior of the minority.

At any rate, I look forward to the release of the game and an enjoyable PvP/PvE experience."
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:42 am

Welcome DM!!

Hope you have fun in the RiG forums!! There's a ton of great people in here. Feel free to let me know if you need anything at all!

Austin City Limits!

*Sings: "Deep in the Heart of Texas"*

Brando Calrissian

Brando Calrissian

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 3:14 am

Welcome Aboard!
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 3:25 am

Welcome to the community, DM. TX in the house! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 3:37 am

Welcome Malefic!

Considering your location, here is my first question to you...

Do you work for Bioware Austin? Rolling Eyes ... ... Daniel, is that you?!

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:20 pm

Welcome Darth_Malefic.

Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:49 pm

Welcome to the boards mate! Smile

Greetings from Austin, TX! Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:06 am

WOOT! Another Texanian!

Welcome Darth! The green cookie line starts to the left.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:32 am

Great, so we have "Vikings", "Incas", and now "Cowboys" oh my!

This is like a warped "Wizard of Oz" lol

Greetings from Austin, TX! 551238 <(chhht): Follow the RiG brick road...chhht...(chhht)

Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:43 am

It's almost sounds like you're talking about the Village People Schwen... Laughing

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:04 am

*sings*

"RiG for-ums...to-day....RiG for-ums to-day-ey..."

Redriot

Redriot

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Draven
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:12 am

Darth_Malefic wrote:
Hello everyone. A personal thank you to the creators of R.I.G. and the growing community for like-minded gamers. I posted the message below in the thread on the TOR site, but thought I would share my thoughts here as well. Again, thank you for creating a mature community for the casual or serious gamer.

"I applaud the efforts of those who will participate in the "Old School" style community, and I would participate fully.

I have played various MMO's, none more than WoW, and among the many issues that I have with the game is the lack of a cohesive, self-policed community. The endless barrage of chatter, one-upsmanship, profane and base commentary, etc in the General Chat or Trade channels had me constantly using the ignore channel.

The interactive nature of an MMO allows individuals to hide behind a ficticious, anonymous character. Continued immersion in this alter ego desensitizes the individual to the human element of the other players. Thus you see the abusive and disrespectful behavior.

Understand, I am not prudish, but the deplorable behavior exhibited in game (no matter which server!) finally made me give up WoW.

I have no illusions that this can be prevented by the simple charter proposed here, but if enough like minded individuals band together, then the majority can mitigate the disrespectful behavior of the minority.

At any rate, I look forward to the release of the game and an enjoyable PvP/PvE experience."
Welcome mate to the family,,(Sings- Alllll my exes lives in Texas.. And Texas is the place that I lovvveeee tooo beee.. Very Happy ) Love some George Strait.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:28 am

Welcome back Red!!!

Git er' done!!!

*rides off into the sunset with "The Duke","Clint Eastwood (circa Spagetti Westerns)", and "Yul Brenner (circa Robot Cowboy offa' "Westworld")*

Now Dem's some Cowboys!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Austin, TX!   Greetings from Austin, TX! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Austin, TX!
Page 1 of 1