Respect In Gaming

HomeRegisterLog in

Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gamewiz

Gamewiz

Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed Empty
PostSubject: Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed   Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:17 pm

Well... maybe. It's a blog about some articles that haven't been released yet apparently. Here's the TOR forum link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=232036

And the link to the blog: http://wdsd.wordpress.com/2010/11/30/gamestar-magazine-skeptical-about-swtor/

Basically, according to this guy, the writer said he played a Twilek Jedi Consular. So at least that's something new even though this writer was more on the negative side of reporting things. His whole section on how he thinks there is no world PvP shows that he doesn't know much about the game. Devs have said about ten times now that there will be open-world PvP.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed   Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:49 pm

It's like last year.

Embargo until magazines get released. We should get lots of Jedi stuff toward the end of the week.

/off to read blog.

edit -Comments -

hmm. Started reading the blog and already some "lies". Only one guy finished the "make your lightsaber" quest on Tython. Nobody finished the quest lines on Tython in 6 hours, all the players were "devported" to Coruscant for a flashpoint instance. That's for the WinterShow case in London, where I'm sure the Germans ladies played.

I'm pretty sure I saw droids and land mobs on Tython screenshots, not just flesh raiders and they didn't mention the Twi'lek settlers.

Super easy lowbies content. The Ladies should play more MMOs.

The "no open-pvp" comments. WTH...Damion pretty much goes against it with his weird comment about PVP chat channel on planets in the official forum. Totally useless if you only have instanced PvP.

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed   Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 6:11 pm

I think we will see Twi'lek Jedi Consulars named Shrek the moment TOR servers come online.
Back to top Go down
Yunie

Yunie

PostSubject: Re: Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed   Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 6:48 pm

There are at least 3 different interviews/videos where open PvP is clearly hinted on by the devs with affirmations like "There will be "Open World PvP" in terms of meeting members of other factions on planets as Tatooine being able to decide if you want to attack them or not". Plus other inconsistencies already mentioned. Still, I'm not expecting SWTOR to please everyone and the game is still being tested, so too early to draw definitive conclusions.

Zepour wrote:
I think we will see Twi'lek Jedi Consulars named Shrek the moment TOR servers come online.

I can live with Shrek, more worried about VaderX, Anakon, obiwon and stuff like that :p
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed   Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:49 am

New CM to the rescue (he's pretty handy don't you think): linky

Quote :
There are some inaccuracies in the initial reporting here, which could have happened for any number of reasons - but in the interest of calming speculation, there are a couple of things we wanted to address.

First, regarding PvP, so far we've been focusing on the instanced Warzones in our initial reveals, but that is not the only form of player vs player gameplay in The Old Republic. We'll have more to announce in time.

Second, regarding the Flesh Raiders, and mobs in general. In the build shown at the press event, we told the assembled press that one particular Flesh Raider model was being repeated in that build, but that the final game would have a variety of Flesh Raider models. In fact, you got a sneak peek at concept art for those models in last week's Studio Insider.

In addition, there are a number of different creatures, droids and enemies of various types on Tython (and on every world you'll be adventuring on). They're all over the world.

Third and finally, remember that this was a preview event focused on early gameplay. As Game Testing progresses, and as we conduct more press events, the continuing development of the game is going to be highlighted; changes are inevitable.

archifikos

PostSubject: Re: Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed   Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks for the link Azarhal, good to see Bioware being more chatty Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed 958440

It would also seem the Twi'lek was a fat green male... They said it looked like Shrek Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed 931814

To be honest - I don't really see how it is possible to review an MMO. They change so much over the course of the game, it's not like a single player game where you can have a somewhat clear vision of the game within a few hours of gameplay.

Sure, the devs could give the reviewers a variety of content to try - a max level raid, a starter planet, a warzone - but still the reviewer would have only a fragmented view of the game.

Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed   Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:08 pm

archifikos wrote:
To be honest - I don't really see how it is possible to review an MMO. They change so much over the course of the game, it's not like a single player game where you can have a somewhat clear vision of the game within a few hours of gameplay.

Sure, the devs could give the reviewers a variety of content to try - a max level raid, a starter planet, a warzone - but still the reviewer would have only a fragmented view of the game.

Agreed.
The only thing I'm looking for when reading these "Previews" is new stuff like combination species/class and abilities. Most part is just the player opinion. :\
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed   Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Aye, definitely nothing to QQ about in the articles before one gets to play for themselves, despite all the b*tching and moaning about them. Some people seem to just want to hate everything , I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed   Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
Aye, definitely nothing to QQ about in the articles before one gets to play for themselves, despite all the b*tching and moaning about them. Some people seem to just want to hate everything , I don't get it.

I think people are mostly QQing about the incompetence of the previewer...the Germans are doing it too in their forums.

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed   Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:20 am

Silly silliy pre/reviewers, did they even care to acquire some knowledge about the game they are just about to try?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed   Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twilek Jedi Consular confirmed
Page 1 of 1