The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What class do you plan on rolling first?

Go down 
+49
Rayviin
Brando Calrissian
Zooball
Draxx
Natheless
Tal Soren
JedinWaiting
HDubNZ
Pyara_Raga
Coldhart
Xaxus
Dharnell
lordmarvelpl
Jester
Mythicrose
Crebain
Mli
DeaconX
Xavier
The *Pew*gilists
Velaxi
Godric_Barbarosa
Stryklone
Lanius
Aldemarran
Grome
Redriot
Buddhist
ShavedEwok
Zephrus
Schwendo
WesleyP.
MorgonKara
Razhah
Gamewiz
azarhal
Lednik
Ty-Odi
Zepour
Selven
Finiffa
archifikos
Narevek
Sylrah
Havenae
Variable
Lugaidh
Hairicane
Kai-Sun
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Just a hint Schwendo, the blue for the CoR and what you used for the Sentinel color really doesn't read very well, might change to a different color maybe.

I've got my characters down, just trying to get a little backstory written or at least in my head worked out. Maybe I should post what I have in the RP section to get some help or critique.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Why don't you just copy/paste your bio's along with your builds? It would be a "full tour" of Kai's toons....A, kind of, one stop shopping..if you will..

I'll post mine, for much hilarity...Smile...if you don't mind, of course. I don't want to "hork" your idea, Kai...

Or, we could always just post the bio's in the "behind the player" section of the "introduce yourself" Topic?
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:12 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Why don't you just copy/paste your bio's along with your builds? It would be a "full tour" of Kai's toons....A, kind of, one stop shopping..if you will..

I'll post mine, for much hilarity...Smile...if you don't mind, of course. I don't want to "hork" your idea, Kai...

Or, we could always just post the bio's in the "behind the player" section of the "introduce yourself" Topic?

Maybe in the RP section or something, I'm not too sure.

I don't have full bio's yet, mostly just the ideas written down that I wanted to include, like my Trooper having been married to a Jedi (who is one with the Force now...) I know my characters personalities and such though, those probably wouldn't be too hard to describe. Could be fun to involve other people mixed into our stories, so we have something to bounce ideas off of.

I find my Trooper is a good bit harder to write because of not really knowing the military ranks etc in this game.

Stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:21 pm

RP section sounds best for detailed character information.

I usually just start with a very basic background and fill in the blanks through RP in game. Usually settling on stuff my character knows. Though I have kept journal type threads on forums, sometimes bringing more background information up slowly as time passes.

My character don't usually tell total strangers their life story, and often not even close friends.

Just letting it come when it comes brings me the greatest joy from it as well, though sometimes I havean idea and just look for an excuse to RP it out.

Can't really tell much for my characters yet, the more specific class info can help shape them. Though for my Twi'lek smuggler idea (species not set in stone) I was leaning to a very Vette like background before Vette was announced, so I may have to rethink that, just so I don't look like a mindless copycat.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:28 pm

The only reason I bring up my Trooper is due to his age, he's been around for a while and has seen most (if not all) of the war, so I kinda feel like I need to add some bits to him.

Am looking forward to some light RP with my characters from time to time, hoping I can be a good RP'er for everyone when I do.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Gotcha Kai / Sylly,

I have my initial bio's ready for my main 2 toons....Of course, as time goes one, I'll update the bio's concurrent with the game info...

Rockin!

Back to top Go down
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:00 am

I know I said consular sage but the inquisitor intirgues me as well. I think I'll try them both from the start and see which one I like better. That is if they don't pull an Aion and prevent you from going cross-faction on the same server. I sincerely hope not, I hated that.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:07 am

Lugaidh wrote:
I know I said consular sage but the inquisitor intirgues me as well. I think I'll try them both from the start and see which one I like better. That is if they don't pull an Aion and prevent you from going cross-faction on the same server. I sincerely hope not, I hated that.

Agreed. There's no good reason for doing that in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:09 am

Selven wrote:
Lugaidh wrote:

I can think of a few reasons, but none of them really deal breaking or something that would mess with how the game would play out.

I hope it doesn't happen either. I've been on pvp servers like that, and I feel that it mostly weakens the community.
Back to top Go down
Sylrah

Sylrah

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:17 am

Kai-Sun wrote:
Selven wrote:
Lugaidh wrote:

I can think of a few reasons, but none of them really deal breaking or something that would mess with how the game would play out.

I hope it doesn't happen either. I've been on pvp servers like that, and I feel that it mostly weakens the community.

Every reason anyone has ever given has been kicked to the center of the planet within seconds.
And reasons have been given to allow it which have been fully untouched.

Same with cross faction communication.

Take ten friends that want to party with and against eachother in every possible combination of faction configuration, you're not going to have enough servers if they want to even only play 5v5 or 10 on one side. You only need one server if everyone can make characters of both factions there.

They want us to experience story, so why not let us experience them all without having to switch servers?

Just look at our community, we're a lot more likely to fail if we have to do it on multiple servers, which will divide us a lot more than may already be the case. If we can play on a single server our community will be able to affect both factions at the same time with the utmost efficiency.
Back to top Go down
ShavedEwok

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Atm I'm set on rolling an Imperial Agent as my first.

Main reason being it seems to offer a somewhat unique aspect of the Star Wars universe not really seen before.

Apart from the potentially intriguing story, I also find the IA interesting from a gameplay perspective. Add to that the fact that it may be one of the least "intended-to-play" classes of the bunch (at least according to many polls) and I'm hooked.

On the Republic side, I think the first class I'll try is the Jedi Knight.

Still, with each new reveal (class info, class trailer etc) I find myself thinking "wow, this class seems awesome"... so who knows what I'll end up starting with in the end? Razz

Eventually, I'll most likely play all of the classes on both sides, they all just seem too interesting in their own ways to miss out on.

Cheers

SE
Back to top Go down
Buddhist

Buddhist

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Right now it's looking like Jedi Sentinel. Dual wield and robes. I don't like picturing Force-wielders in a lot of armour, and I get to use Jar-Kai, so it's a win-win.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:49 pm

I guess another question down the line might be...

"Which class update was your favorite?" hehe
Back to top Go down
Redriot

Redriot

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Draven
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:27 pm

Read my sig.. Twisted Evil My third toon maybe a agent or Iq..Im not good with being good guys in game feel What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 45250 Nevermind xD lol!
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:14 pm

I have been back and forth a lot.

I was always very intrigued by the Smuggler with his "dirty" tactics. I kind of like strategy as opposed to just charging in.

Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor are very appealing as well.

To be honest, all the classes are sounding very very interesting, they did a good job (though obviously lightsaber wielders will still make up half of the players at the very least).

It's gonna depend on the information we're gonna get when getting closer to release. I'm gonna make my choice then.

I have no real preference for either Republic or Empire.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:20 pm

ShavedEwok wrote:
Apart from the potentially intriguing story, I also find the IA interesting from a gameplay perspective. Add to that the fact that it may be one of the least "intended-to-play" classes of the bunch (at least according to many polls) and I'm hooked.

That's why I could consider staying away from the Force user classes. It's just somehow cooler to be one of 100 than to be one of 500.
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:30 am

Imperial Agent: Operative
  • I'm looking forward to this class on nearly all levels.
  • The idea of a Secret Agent always has a certain appeal.
  • The hyper-prepared yet willing and able to adapt, precise, and extremely competent feel of the class appeals strongly.
  • The fact that it has little to no representation in the SW lore will leave Bioware maximum creative freedom.
  • Hybrid classes with maximum flexibility in role and ability to serve as many of the group's needs as possible is my preferred group role.
  • I like group play and I prefer Healer over Tank for being "in demand" for groups.
  • I prefer Personal Honor to Self-Righteousness, and find the "evil faction" players to have a higher average maturity level. (Yes, I've played both Horde and Alliance in WoW. I knew a person who put it this way, "There are an equal number of pleasant, mature players in the Horde and the Alliance. There are just way more Alliance players." I expect this to be true of TOR.

Republic Trooper: Vanguard
  • They've kicked the cool factor on Storm Troopers way up in recent years.
  • I want to learn to tank, and ranged tanking sounds better than melee tanking.
  • I've got this personality idea in my head for a guy with a knack for combat who likes to get paid to play with blasters and explosives. And if he can be a hero in the eyes of the girls when he's on leave, so much the better...
  • Most of my friends want to play Jedi (Yeah yeah, good guy faction lovers every one of them... mumble... grumble... grouch... Laughing )

Sith Warrior: Undecided
Because who doesn't think flying 30 feet through the air in heavy armor to plant a lightsaber in their opponent's face isn't COOL!
Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:00 pm

I'm playing an IA Operative first.
I really thought that the class was amazing when I first saw it... even more when I learned that it could heal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Yup yup,

Lewg, Like I said "brother" we got too much of the same shizz in common!!

Who cares about the "cross faction" stuff, you can put your alt in my guild any time!

I am almost set on the Sith Inquisitor-Assasin for my main launch toon. Can't lay off the Maul(tm) build!

We're also having a "light" Republic guild...I have to go Jedi Knight-Sentinel (ala Buddhist!)...the "dual wield" is too good to be true!!

I think as time goes by, I'll prolly try every single template...so many sound awesome..

Like Shaved and Alde said, IA sounds bad ass....so does Smuggler...so many things....ala the "low blow" and shooting from cover...great stuff!
Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
I guess another question down the line might be...

"Which class update was your favorite?" hehe

My favorite was the IA update for obvious reasons... I was waiting for it for a long time. I just love to know new things about my class to be. : D
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:42 pm

I hear ya Lani',

It looks like a blast...That video of the IA "sniping" that Jedi=priceless!
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:52 pm

A character decent with a range weapon is always my first one in MMOs. That gives me a chance to see if the new unfamiliar target actually got hurt when I hit it -- and if not then I already have a head start on running away.

After that maybe a sneaky type.

But my crystal ball definitely foresees a Jedi somewhere in my future; too kindhearted to do justice running a bad guy for an extended time.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Stryklone wrote:
A character decent with a range weapon is always my first one in MMOs. That gives me a chance to see if the new unfamiliar target actually got hurt when I hit it -- and if not then I already have a head start on running away.

Haha... that's lovely Laughing
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:25 pm

My first character will definitely be a consular. The lightly armored warrior sage is one of my favorite archetypes. Alec Guiness's Old Ben is the quintessential Jedi to me. Additionally, I love the description of their story.

Now my problem is Sage or Shadow. I love acrobatic lightsaber combat which would lead me toward shadow but a Jedi using stealth to backstab someone seems very un-jedi like. Also the knight will be all about the lightsaber. As long as the Sage using the balance tree can do some decent lightsaber combat I will be a Sage.

First alt will be a Scoundrel Smuggler. Again the story sounds awesome and a ton of fun to RP.

Next would be an Imperial Agent because...you guessed it... story again. I really must be Bioware's target audience.

I will definitely be an alt-aholic in this game.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:07 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
My first character will definitely be a consular. The lightly armored warrior sage is one of my favorite archetypes. Alec Guiness's Old Ben is the quintessential Jedi to me. Additionally, I love the description of their story.

Now my problem is Sage or Shadow. I love acrobatic lightsaber combat which would lead me toward shadow but a Jedi using stealth to backstab someone seems very un-jedi like. Also the knight will be all about the lightsaber. As long as the Sage using the balance tree can do some decent lightsaber combat I will be a Sage.

First alt will be a Scoundrel Smuggler. Again the story sounds awesome and a ton of fun to RP.

Next would be an Imperial Agent because...you guessed it... story again. I really must be Bioware's target audience.

I will definitely be an alt-aholic in this game.

Are you my twin or something? You want to play the same classes as me. What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 368635
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What class do you plan on rolling first?   What class do you plan on rolling first? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What class do you plan on rolling first?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next