The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Mystery or Truth the better option?

Go down 
+3
HDubNZ
Godric_Barbarosa
Darka
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

Is Mystery or Truth the better option? Empty
PostSubject: Is Mystery or Truth the better option?   Is Mystery or Truth the better option? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:23 am

Star Wars is something special.
Over the years we have followed the fate of our favourite characters, our favourite locations. In this time we have always had many questions, and some of them are pretty big.
In recent years, one of the biggest has to have been the Revan Question.

We got a glimpse, and its nothing new. Since the start the devs have stated we will find out about what happened to our favourite characters from the KOTOR series. Which brilliantly and left its ending open with an unfinished feel to it.
The Revan Question has been on the minds of many, something that KOTOR II handled well adding more to it but never finalising the answer and leaving the player in a sense of wonder to his fate.

Sometimes i think a little mystery is the better way to go about handling something like this, its one of those burning questions like the Yoda species that should be left just at that, a mystery.

Answering the question brings it to an end, its final. And for the most part there is disappointment that comes with it, as many are not satisfied with the outcome or how it got to it, making the truth less powerful then the mystery was.

The hints for Revan are flashed all over the site, the aurabesh writing on Drumond Kaas, to the Deceived trailer, where the choice of the mask brought a flutter to hearts across the galaxy when the crashed ships door slid open, and the saber flicked on, and you saw the mask...
Being such a beloved character and the attachment created by Bioware has left people wanting an answer, but i feel answering it will do more harm to the figure that is Revan, rather then coming out with something that makes it final.

Do you need the question to be answered? Or prefer more insight as to what went on but nothing final, keeping the Revan Question going?

Is Mystery or Truth the better option when it comes to these things?

Smile
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Is Mystery or Truth the better option?   Is Mystery or Truth the better option? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:59 pm

I'd like to see it answered but I want be upset if they leave it open. Hey, they can always tease it a little longer with expansions. I would disagree with one of your initials premises. I don't think there was a Revan Question until KOTOR II. I don't think KOTOR I ever mentioned him leaving after he saves the republic. If this was mentioned in a comic I was unaware of it because I have never read any of the comics (before Threat of Peace and Blood of the Empire).
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Is Mystery or Truth the better option?   Is Mystery or Truth the better option? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm doing fine thanks since KOTOR. I mean, I was Revan in that game...I am currently running a rental speeder place at Mos Eisley. Y'know the Sith didn't have a pension plan so I needed a back stop.

And I totally did Bastila. A lot.
Back to top Go down
Mannic

Mannic

PostSubject: Re: Is Mystery or Truth the better option?   Is Mystery or Truth the better option? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:08 pm

I definitely get what you're saying, Darka. It's kind of like the series "Lost." To me, that series was at its most entertaining when wierd, unexplained things were happening on the island and you sat there turning over the possibiilities in your brain but weren't given any answers. The ending was doomed to be unsatisfylng to many watchers since everyone, by that time, had formed their "pet" theories as to what the island was.

I could see the same dynamic playing out with Revan. He's most fascinating in his mysteriousness. Answer all the questions and that mystique might just vanish, and you're left with a fraction of the player base satisfied, and another contingent who doesn't like the answers.

Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Is Mystery or Truth the better option?   Is Mystery or Truth the better option? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:11 pm

HDubNZ wrote:
And I totally did Bastila. A lot.
We all did, mate... we all did.
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: Is Mystery or Truth the better option?   Is Mystery or Truth the better option? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:10 pm

She wasnt one of those jedi they kept to herself
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Is Mystery or Truth the better option?   Is Mystery or Truth the better option? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Darka wrote:

Laughing

At least she wasn't Carth...

Back to top Go down
Yunie

Yunie

PostSubject: Re: Is Mystery or Truth the better option?   Is Mystery or Truth the better option? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:16 pm

azarhal wrote:
Darka wrote:

Laughing

Carth was nice Sad Shame the female Revan romances weren't as well done as the male one though (imo).

And on topic, no I really don't need to know what happened to Revan, although I'm guessing I will anyway, possibly via an raiding instance. I'm hopping it will be just more information about Revan's story and not the definite answer to that question though.
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Is Mystery or Truth the better option?   Is Mystery or Truth the better option? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:37 am

Yunie wrote:
azarhal wrote:
Darka wrote:

Laughing

Carth was nice Sad Shame the female Revan romances weren't as well done as the male one though (imo).

And on topic, no I really don't need to know what happened to Revan, although I'm guessing I will anyway, possibly via an raiding instance. I'm hopping it will be just more information about Revan's story and not the definite answer to that question though.

Seriously, you all did? She told me I was the only one!!!..../heartbreak
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Mystery or Truth the better option?   Is Mystery or Truth the better option? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Mystery or Truth the better option?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: General Discussion - Talk about anything SW:TOR-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com