The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who shall provide structure & initiative?

Go down 
+3
Schwendo
KDS - Prometeu
Grome
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

Who shall provide structure & initiative? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who shall provide structure & initiative?   Who shall provide structure & initiative? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:02 am

Lol, well, least we know the words that get each of us in a karate stance then Smile

I know this is why we're here and not that the discussion between us would have been any different anywhere else, but I gotta say it anyway: Thanks for keeping the discussion respectful dispite dissenting opinion, Grome. Way cool of you, and a testament to why you're here Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Who shall provide structure & initiative?   Who shall provide structure & initiative? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:32 am

I see is both ways as far as organizing In-Game events. I think the RiG could have some "RiG hosted" events. But that most likely will involve coordiation through various RiG affiliated guilds (the Crazies for example) to help with organizing. Which takes us full-circle...hehe...my head hurts..(prolly for the 14 day old son...vice the topic) Wink
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Who shall provide structure & initiative?   Who shall provide structure & initiative? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:31 am

Variable wrote:
Lol, well, least we know the words that get each of us in a karate stance then Smile

I know this is why we're here and not that the discussion between us would have been any different anywhere else, but I gotta say it anyway: Thanks for keeping the discussion respectful dispite dissenting opinion, Grome. Way cool of you, and a testament to why you're here Smile
Thanks and right back at you! Wink
I'm happy we got to find the common ground in the end Smile

Just to summarize at this point... what we are saying is this here, right?:
Events will have organizers (assuming: in most cases guilds) who will see what the community thinks and give them the opportunity to give suggestions and feedback. Then they proceed to the organizing part. Internal organization is completely up to them. Maybe we can provide a subforum for their internal organization and planning, in case the organizer group is not guild-based.
The organizing group may then need to get together with other guild leaders, or whoever else. Moderators will be set in place for the forums. They can be contacted in case there are difficulties coordinating the communication between the participating parties (their only task in all of this).

On top of this, the moderators will obviously keep an eye on their forums and the calendar so it's up to them to resolve any (probably unlikely) situation of this kind: Events too close to each other, events too similar to each other -> maybe see how to make it into a single one.

Alright, that is what I see agreed at this point - correct me if I am wrong.
If that is indeed it, I will probably edit the first post to avoid further confusion by new participants in this discussion.
Back to top Go down
KDS - Prometeu

PostSubject: Re: Who shall provide structure & initiative?   Who shall provide structure & initiative? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:21 pm

Nice read so far Smile

I've been running server wide events, along side other officers in KDS, both on AoC and WAR in the last 2 years. How good or bad they turned out I'll let other ppl speak about Smile

Events usually mean a lot of ppl doing something.

Events that involve 10-20 players can be set-up by a forum and lead by a non-guild supported player.

But big events can be set-up by the forums but is hard to be lead by a non-guild supported player.

Reasons:

- Big events - need a lot of ppl and most of those ppl will be part of some guilds
- Big events - need tested leaders which have proven them selfs to some extent in the past
- Leaders in order to succeed need followers - their guildies most often. Is much easier to run an event when you have a core of players that you know you can count on and they can serve as example for the others.

yours,
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Who shall provide structure & initiative?   Who shall provide structure & initiative? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:36 am

Grome wrote:
Just to summarize at this point... what we are saying is this here, right?:
Events will have organizers (assuming: in most cases guilds) who will see what the community thinks and give them the opportunity to give suggestions and feedback. Then they proceed to the organizing part. Internal organization is completely up to them. Maybe we can provide a subforum for their internal organization and planning, in case the organizer group is not guild-based.
The organizing group may then need to get together with other guild leaders, or whoever else. Moderators will be set in place for the forums. They can be contacted in case there are difficulties coordinating the communication between the participating parties (their only task in all of this).

On top of this, the moderators will obviously keep an eye on their forums and the calendar so it's up to them to resolve any (probably unlikely) situation of this kind: Events too close to each other, events too similar to each other -> maybe see how to make it into a single one.

Alright, that is what I see agreed at this point - correct me if I am wrong.
If that is indeed it, I will probably edit the first post to avoid further confusion by new participants in this discussion.

Looks correct to me Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Who shall provide structure & initiative?   Who shall provide structure & initiative? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:26 am

Yay!! I come back after the weekend and all is well in Camelot!

Alls well that "Schw'ends" well Wink
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: Who shall provide structure & initiative?   Who shall provide structure & initiative? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 12:37 pm

Perhaps the best I can offer here is a delineation of the types of idea proposals we'll see. Maybe this will help provide a path forward with getting back into our "karate stances". Very Happy

I see three types of idea proposals coming at The RiG:
  • A Completed Idea: This will come with a set of rules, rewards, leaders, and maybe even times. (I think we can all agree that the work here for The RiG community to do is advertisement.)
  • An Idea with a Challenge: This comes as a complete idea, but with some problem the obvious leader needs solved before (s)he can execute the idea.
  • A Genesis Idea: This is an unfocused idea with much work to be done to figure out how to carry it off. The source for the idea may not be willing to run it. (Clearly this needs the most support from The RiG community.)

This structure should cover ideas beyond just "events". For instance, someone might have an idea for a guild and want some help laying it out, figuring out game mechanics that support the structural idea I have, etc...

I suspect that when viewed this way we all see what support or "facilitation" we want The RiG to provide. "The Genesis Idea" is (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) the one that really needs discussion here.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Who shall provide structure & initiative?   Who shall provide structure & initiative? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:14 pm

Well for me, I think you guys pretty much have this one well constructed Smile

I would never wish anyone to interfere with guild run events, they are in house, and the RiG would merely be an advertising platform for those events. (Unless expressed need for assistance in any area, etc, but only if expressed requirement)

Those other times we will see someone who has an idea for a PVP event, or just a random fun event night, but has never run an event before, and may require some thoughts, ideas and help to run them, and that is were we as a community would come in, and offer such help and advice were we can.

I think we all know how tought it can be sometimes to get a server wide event up and running, especially if you are new to doing so, and from that point of view, i would hope that all of us with experience in doing these will be there to offer a helping hand Smile But that should be the limit for us, unless someone asks for more.

I think we will have certain people who will naturally come to the fore for events anyways, they always do, those people who do so, will likely become natural co-ordinators/helpers which ever you may wish to call them, and will always be there to help bring a crowd to an event, help someone structure it and so on, offer the odd bit of advice etc, in fact, even as someone who has run a number of events such as this, I know I would still run the idea by you guys before making it official, mostly as I respect all your opinions, i may of course not always take your advice, but i will at least listen too it, and i hope the same would go the other way.

So to summerise.

For Events I think the RiG is mostly a HUB, a place for events to be displayed, and discussed, dates etc confirmed and a place for those other guilds and individuals to see whats going on, and turn up too if they fancy it.

If and when we have actual event co-ordinators at some point, i mostly see their role not as over lords of the event calender, but more an event helper, someone you can go too if your unsure on dates, to make sure things don't conflict, to help spread the word, both on here, in game, and also on the main boards as well.

We will also no doubt end up working alongside other community sites, I have been approached by a couple already, and I see the co-ordinators as be involved to some degree with those as well, these kind of positions are not for the faint hearted, hehe, I can see them being a lot of work. Smile But i think they will be there to help more than anything, certainly not to take over Smile

At least thats my 2p Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Who shall provide structure & initiative?   Who shall provide structure & initiative? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Sums it all up pretty well I think. Smile
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Who shall provide structure & initiative?   Who shall provide structure & initiative? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:33 am

I agree 100% as well Ty/Selv/Ald'/Grome/Vari'...

Sry for the absence all weekend...work calleth Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who shall provide structure & initiative?   Who shall provide structure & initiative? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who shall provide structure & initiative?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: The OSC - Events and Suggestions-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com