Respect In Gaming

HomeRegisterLog in

Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xanetos

Xanetos

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xanetos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Eternal Vigilance

Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) Empty
PostSubject: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:24 am

Faction: Galactic Republic | Server Region: North America (w/ international community) | Alignment: Gray/Mixed (not neutral) | All play-styles welcome | Roleplay friendly, not required. | Seeking all Republic classes. | Server Type: We are leaning towards selection of a PvP-RP server if given the opportunity.]

Eternal Vigilance was voted the top Republic guild in a March '09 poll; voters included 579 community members from the official forum.
Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=19818

Eternal Vigilance
http://www.evcitadel.com / EVRpedia (Roleplay Databank) / Xfire Listing
A Helpful Guide to Finding a Guild / "Find Your Ideal Guild" Quiz

Guild Recruitment Video

"An intelligent Sith would sooner die by the hands of the Jedi than risk encountering an agent of Eternal Vigilance."

Greetings, wanderer!

We have been watching you. The eternally vigilant know that you seek an organization to call home – you too feel the yearning to play a role in the coming struggle. I must remain discrete, however, my superiors have authorized me to answer your questions... to an extent.

[b]What is Eternal Vigilance?

I can tell you that we are citizens of the Republic. Our loyalty to the Galactic Republic stands firm. Recent events, however, have caused us to lose faith in the standing government's methods. We believe it is time to step forth and accomplish that which the Republic and its Jedi protectors are too reticent to do. The Sith must be stopped at all costs. If the restrictive Jedi Code will not allow the Jedi to act in a manner that is commensurate to the threat, we shall. Take that to mean what you will, but one patriot to another? We don't believe the dark side exists. It is a figment of a fearful imagination, invented for simpletons that cannot distinguish inherently bad intentions. One must utilize all methods at his disposal. It is our wish to protect the lives of the men and women of the Republic, and we care little for the myths that so distract the very group that this Republic depended upon for its protection.

OOC: Eternal Vigilance is a Republic guild with a predominantly 'gray' alignment. We possess strong opinions about the Jedi Order's failure to act, and our theme reflects this. We will do “everything" necessary to protect the Republic; this includes playing in the dark when the situation demands it. Despite appearances, we do not label ourselves a roleplaying guild. We simply believe that it increases immersion; you do not need to be a roleplayer to want to belong to a guild that seeks to blend into the game! In reality, we cater to all play-styles – casual to hardcore, PvE to PvP, crafters, roleplayers and so forth. The guild aims to be well-rounded and competitive in all arenas, supportive of all of its members and their various pursuits. We think versatility increases the fun factor.

Why have you sought me out?

Because, my friend, your head is not muddled with notions of appeasement like the dawdling politicians on Coruscant, nor obstinate righteousness like the Jedi Order. If a thief held your neighbor at knifepoint, would you hesitate to strike him down? A treacherous Empire holds a blade to the Republic's throat! – will you act? Of course you will. We seek to renew the front lines with strategically minded individuals such as you. The very fate of the galaxy depends upon every man's decision to play his cards wisely. We offer you an avenue to take the fight to the Sith alongside men and women who share your belief that the Republic is worth saving.

OOC: At the core, a guild is a collection of like-minded players who share a common belief in the same basic values. This is often the first test that so many guilds fail – you cannot progress unless you've a plan to perpetuate these values, to attract members that place equal importance in them. For years, we have operated under this belief – and for years, we have reaped the benefits. So it is no wonder that when aspiring recruits ask us what we seek in new members, we shout it from the rooftops: MATURITY! Let there be no mistaking it. Maturity is the foundation by which we judge all applicants.

We seek others that wish to help us carry the torch of a gaming community that has built its reputation on the values of respect, maturity, and teamwork. We are a group of people that know how to create a fun environment for ourselves and the people around us, and who did something about it.

I'm in – where do I sign?

Easy there! In due time you shall proudly consider yourself among the eternally vigilant. You must prove yourself first.

OOC: If we've piqued your interest, we welcome you to stop by and spend some time with our community. I think you'll be impressed by the level of activity on our forums, and the degree to which we've organized ourselves. Our charter is the product of many restless nights spent debating the finer points of guild mechanics. We think it's something to be proud of.

Our application process is designed to identify individuals that don't share our ideals. If you don't pass it, it simply means we don't think you're destined to walk down the same path we have chosen. As mentioned before, we think it's vital to maintaining cohesion that we only invite like-minded players. Click on the 'Apply' link on our website for a description of the process to petition for membership, and give it your best shot. We look forward to having you as a valuable member of our community.

Background Story
In orbit of the planet Munto Codru in the Codru system, near Pakuuni in the Outer Rim Territories, is located the secret base of operations of the secret order known as Eternal Vigilance. On board the space station, known to those who are aware of its existence as the "Aeternum", are the meeting halls of this most illustrious order.

The founding of Eternal Vigilance is shrouded in mystery, and it is known fully only to...
[read more]

--

Member Testimonials

“Eternal Vigilance is, hands down, the best guild I have ever been a part of. It's friendly and welcoming, it's active, it plans group events to increase community cohesiveness. It's fantastic. Plus, it's very welcoming to girls; there are at least 3 female members in the guild, counting myself. After being the only girl in some guilds, this is nice."
-Capella

“For any potential readers who are curiously reading this post is for you. Not long ago I was in your shoes, anxiously tracking the game which gradually led me to look for a guild. I have been a guild master/ officer/ and member of various guilds throughout my lifetime, and judging from my experience Eternal Vigilance has the necessary components to stay here for the long term and be extremely successful within TOR…Although I am new to EV the sense of loyalty, friendship, organization, maturity, and intelligence is quite amazing and is something that must truly be experienced first hand."
-PerfectBlue

“After a few days' worth of browsing guild sites and forums, Eternal Vigilance definitely stood out among the bunch as more than a gaming guild, but a community in the deepest sense of the word. I didn't know much about its history at the time, but seeing that it had survived for 4 years(!), I understood that there was definitely something they were doing right - they had some sort of formula that kept their clock ticking (as it still does) longer than the rest. I introduced myself on their forum and soon afterwards I discovered what they accomplished that very few other guilds can boast to have done."
-Atronar Selevas

“I'm a fairly new member to EV, in fact my application to the guild was just accepted earlier last night. But I have been within the community for about two weeks or so and have thoroughly enjoyed my time spent there. And what was really nice is that there weren't any people within the guild that were disrespectful or anything along those lines. And unfortunately throughout most of the guilds that I have been throughout my time spent in MMO's I expected there to be a few people like that. But I was wrong, everyone in EV are really great people and are pretty easy to get along with. They are all well informed on many topics whether it be about gaming, computers, society, or really anything in general. So from a new member to interested applicants and others throughout the SWTOR forums, you should really check out EV. They have strong pillars of respect, gratitude, helpfulness, quality and much more that the guild was built on and is one of the reasons that it is still around to this day. But that's just what I have noticed throughout my short time spent within the community known as EV."
-Slithius Karun

“I've now been in EV for some time and I must say it's been one of the best choices I've ever made when it comes to a guild.

"The best guild I was ever in until now was Couer de Lion in EverQuest. Since then, I have been through a multitude of guilds of all types. EV has them all beat. Whether you're looking for organization, friendliness, maturity (regardless of age), community, or something else, EV will have it."
-Graygan.
Back to top Go down
http://evcitadel.com
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:07 am

Welcome to you Xanetos and Eternal Vigilance!

Hope we can see a little more of you soon Smile

Good to have you!

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:37 am

Good to see EV turn up here Smile
Back to top Go down
Xanetos

Xanetos

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:18 pm

Thanks Massively (nice Gandhi quote Smile) and Darka; it is a pleasure to be around.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Hello Xanetos and welcome to you and your guild.

Xanetos

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks Azar Smile

What is your avatar and where is it from? Looks like an evil Eor from Winnie the Pooh. haha
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:59 pm

It's a Eeyore Cylon, a friend made it for me a few years ago on a BSG board, because the other board members were always calling me an Eeryore and/or a Cylon.

Xanetos

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Oh i see, interesting Smile.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Xanetos wrote:
Thanks Massively (nice Gandhi quote Smile) and Darka; it is a pleasure to be around.
Thanks, I picked it up because I think it reflects very well what this community stands for. You can call me Grome by the way Wink

Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Welcome to the boards guys! Smile

Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Xanetos

Xanetos

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Haha, my bad - for some reason i didn't notice Grome as your name Embarassed . I see, good reasoning.

Thanks Ty-odi Smile
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:22 am

Is Khper still with EV?
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:57 am

Heya guys, welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Galeg Helross

Galeg Helross

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Thank you for the welcome everyone.

Darka wrote:
Is Khper still with EV?

You mean Kahpnar? He's still around, but has had to step back and take a less active role in the guild.
Back to top Go down
http://evcitadel.com/home/index.php
Ste'vahn Torne

Ste'vahn Torne

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! Eternal Vigilance is looking forward to getting involved around here.
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Galeg Helross wrote:

Darka wrote:
Is Khper still with EV?

You mean Kahpnar? He's still around, but has had to step back and take a less active role in the guild.

bah i couldnt remember how to spell it Smile
Back to top Go down
Galeg Helross

Galeg Helross

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:47 pm

Darka wrote:
Galeg Helross wrote:

Darka wrote:
Is Khper still with EV?

bah i couldnt remember how to spell it Smile

That's okay. He got so tired of having people refering to him as "Kaph" that he has changed his name to Tyress now! Laughing

Last edited by Galeg Helross on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://evcitadel.com/home/index.php
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Hi and welcome Galeg and Ste'vahn!

Great to have you guys here!

Back to top Go down
Ste'vahn Torne

Ste'vahn Torne

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:45 am

Grome wrote:
Hi and welcome Galeg and Ste'vahn!

Great to have you guys here!

Thanks! Good to be here. Hopefully I will have some time in the next couple of weeks to check out all the threads around here.
Back to top Go down
Xanetos

Xanetos

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:15 am

This embargo that has been removed has allowed for a lot of new reveals. We are pretty excited.
Back to top Go down
Xanetos

Xanetos

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:13 pm

EV wishes everyone a Merry Christmas!

Have a great holiday weekend.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Thanks, back at you all!

Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:02 pm

thanks

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Welcome to the Eternal Vigilant!

X! nice guild post!

I love the "testimonials" Smile

Xanetos

Xanetos

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:25 am

Schwendo wrote:
Welcome to the Eternal Vigilant!

X! nice guild post!

I love the "testimonials" Smile

Thanks, they are fun. We have some great members, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)   Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eternal Vigilance - An International, "Gray" Republic Guild (All Play-styles)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next