The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Choose your crew skills.

Go down 
+8
HDubNZ
Aldemarran
Godric_Barbarosa
Brando Calrissian
Garbon
Grome
Kai-Sun
Lanius
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

Choose your crew skills. Empty
PostSubject: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Hey guys.
What are your favorite crew skills from the ones we know so far?
If you had to choose today your 3 skills, which ones would you chose? You can try to guess the missing ones.

Gathering Skills include:

* Bioanalysis – the practice of collecting genetic material from creatures and plants
* Scavenging – the art of recovering useful materials and parts from old or damaged technology
* Slicing – a skill in accessing secured computer systems and lockboxes to acquire valuable data and rare schematics
* 1 Missing

Crafting Skills include:

* Armormech – the ability to work with hard metals and electronic shielding to construct all types of personal armor
* Artifice – the delicate work of constructing Jedi and Sith artifacts
* Biochem – the engineering of performance-enhancing chemical serums and biological implants
* Armstech - Players who choose Armstech as their crafting skill will be able to create a wide range of blaster pistols, blaster rifles, sniper rifles, and assault cannons
* 2 Missing

Mission Skills include:

* Diplomacy – the art of conducting and managing negotiations
* Treasure Hunting – the ability to track down and recover valuable items by investigating a series of clues
* 2 Missing

If I had to choose today (playing an Imperial Agent) I would go for the Biochem + Bioanalysis for the implants and serums. I'm sure that will be very handy, I always loved to be an alchemist in MMOs.
For the 3rd skill I'm not sure... Slicing seems very usefull because that will allow you to open locked stuff while questing, but I'm thinking of getting a misson skill, that seems like easy credits. :\

Last edited by Lanius on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:31 pm

I personally feel I can't decide until we know the full lists, but holy crap am I super excited about this!
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
I personally feel I can't decide until we know the full lists, but holy crap am I super excited about this!
Same for me!

If I had to choose between the ones we know about now, I'd probably go this way:

(Smuggler, if I make him DPS)
Slicing, Armstech, Treasure hunting
Back to top Go down
Garbon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Garbon
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:06 pm

I'm going to be a SI, so I'd choose Artifice and Splicing, since that is supposed to let you get schematics from computers. I'll have to wait for the others to be revealed to decide on my last one.
Back to top Go down
Brando Calrissian

Brando Calrissian

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:20 pm

Trooper-tank here so I would most likely go with Armormech, Scavenging and treasure hunting for the creds Smile
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:32 pm

I think Treasure Hunting will really be good for the ones who just want the credits Smile

I'm eager to see the remaining missions.
Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Grome wrote:
I think Treasure Hunting will really be good for the ones who just want the credits Smile

I'm eager to see the remaining missions.
Ye, missions will be easy mode for getting credits. (and loot and alignment and etc...) ^^
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Lanius wrote:
Ye, missions will be easy mode for getting credits. (and loot and alignment and etc...) ^^
However I figure since they want people to feel crafting to be rewarding, crafting (and gathering?) will make more money if you get into it.
Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Grome wrote:
Lanius wrote:
However I figure since they want people to feel crafting to be rewarding, crafting (and gathering?) will make more money if you get into it.
Yup. And it will be more reliable. If you want an item, craft it. The missions will give you extremely random loot I hope.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Lanius wrote:
Yup. And it will be more reliable. If you want an item, craft it. The missions will give you extremely random loot I hope.
The thing with unreliable things is, they can also sprout something pretty amazing at times Smile
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:18 pm

My main will be a Consular so Artifice is quite intriguing. But I've always found the BioChem/Alchemy is an easy money maker so that is tempting too. Maybe BioChem on my smuggler. I haven't really been that into crafting in the past so the mission skills would probably be a good choice for me, as well. Treasure hunting for money and I don't know what else. I don't know that I will need/care for the light/darkside points of diplomacy but it would be good for RP reasons. Really the field is wide open for me right now. I'll have to see more before I truly decide.
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:16 am

My first will be an Imperial Agent, and I've always liked the Alchemist type professions. Therefore I can virtually guarantee that he will be Bio Analysis / BioChem / Something that promotes those two. I probably will invest the time to be very good at it. I'll see how things go before I make a final decision on #3 though.
Back to top Go down
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:44 am

It will depend on my final choice of first class. I tend to craft sympathetic to what I am playing.

I really like the choices available though.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:25 pm

My first character will have 1 gathering, 1 crafting and 1 missions skills.

Not sure yet which ones, but we don't have all the information yet, so I'm waiting before committing myself.
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Qint B'san
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Crafting plays such a big role in my enjoyment of a mmo, so I will have to think this over carefully. Of course I want to master all of them... lol, but I'm limited to 3 so... hmm. I agree that alchemy tends to make money AND is actually quite useful across professions. But good armor and weapons is very appealing too, depending on your class. I'm probably going to do something like Azarhal and take one from each category.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:18 am

Man, they nailed it on the crafting! I can't wait to see how it pans out IG! Thx for posting this Lanius!
Back to top Go down
TheJW

TheJW

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Undecided
Guild: Sons of Ziost

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:19 am

Being an Agent, I would have to have Slicing.
Not sure about the crafting because it isn't complete. For now I will go with Armstech.
And Diplomacy. For when an epic face-punch, as seen in the Cinematic Design video, is not an option.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sonsofziost.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Choose your crew skills.   Choose your crew skills. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Choose your crew skills.
Page 1 of 1