Respect In Gaming
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share
 

 (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Tennessee

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:34 am

So I don't have enough of my music loaded at the moment for me to be satisfied. But ironically the majority of stuff I have loaded in is all kinds of 90's music. So be prepared for some very strange flash backs if you happen to tune into the radio within the next two days before I have more stuff uploaded. It's kinda like taking a step into a time machine almost. It's even kinda freaking me out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Posts : 1451
Join date : 2010-11-11
Age : 47
Location : St.Louis, USA

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:02 am

*hums Red Hawt Chili Peppers*

_________________
(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Rigbycrazies2
CHRIS SCHWEN / GUILD CO-LEADER- CRAZIES of KORRIBAN <-CoK-> (dark) CRAZIES of the REPUBLIC <-CoR-> (light)
Back to top Go down
KnightOfMercury

KnightOfMercury

Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-11-25
Age : 37
Location : Sevierville, TN

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Yes...after much testing and logging and relogging into vent, the channel should be sounding great. Be wary though, Jedin has very addictive music.
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Posts : 365
Join date : 2010-11-13
Location : Phoenix, AZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:58 am

Hopefully I'm not duplicating work here. I did a quick search and didn't find this on The RiG forums yet. This could also be posted as a sticky in the Help Forum, if desired.

I do not take credit for this. It has been re-posted so many times on so many forums I have no idea who originally came up with it.

Vent Normalization
Ventrilo Normalization makes everyone's voice have the same volume to you. In essence, you won't blow your ear's out or have difficulty hearing people. These settings will do this automatically so that you don't have to mess with the individual user volumes. And it works on the fly, so if someone fades in or out, you don't have to drop what you're doing to compensate.


Here's how:

- Go to Setup

- Enable Direct Sound

- Select the SFX Button

- Select Compressor and click Add.

- Under Compressor Properties use the following settings

- Gain = Adjust for how loud you want people to be. (I use 15)

- Attack = 0.01

- Release = Around 500

- Threshold = Around -30

- Ratio = 100

- Pre delay = 4.0

_________________
Aww, so cute!
Wait. Is that... Basement Cat? What a Face
Back to top Go down
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Tennessee

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:41 am

Thanks Aldemarran. I was actually planning on posting this on the first page but you beat me to it!

Though I'm not sure, normalizing may slightly affect the quality of the music on the radio channels for those curious about such things. But believe me when I say that normalizing vent saves alot of headache when speaking with other vent members. It does get quite annoying having to individually select people and adjust their volume. And some days they'll be louder than others. Normalization takes care of all that easily.
Back to top Go down
Aohh

Aohh

Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-11-18

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aohh Soleil Noir
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: N/A

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:09 pm

I still did not have the time nor the chance to install vent and join you.
I will do tonight.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Posts : 1159
Join date : 2010-11-15
Age : 30
Location : Geneva, Switzerland

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:43 pm

I have been on the server a couple of times and enjoyed the music.

_________________


When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-12-19
Age : 36
Location : Germany - Bavaria

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aylin Reeves
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: ARES

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:13 pm

I'd love to join you guys on vent! Just need the Password hehe Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.aresproject.de
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Tennessee

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:43 am

Sorry I've been offline for a few days dealing with some computer stuffz. Gah! I've never seen you online Grome!

I've been hoping to run across someone. I'm still messing around with my Virtual Audio cable so the only way I can talk in vent when the radio is on is with vent chat. Hopefully I'll have that all fixed soon enough!

I've responded to my little backup of PM's I had guys. Sorry for the delay.
Back to top Go down
Aylin

Aylin

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-12-19
Age : 36
Location : Germany - Bavaria

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aylin Reeves
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: ARES

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:21 am

JedinWaiting wrote:
Sorry I've been offline for a few days dealing with some computer stuffz. Gah! I've never seen you online Grome!

I've been hoping to run across someone. I'm still messing around with my Virtual Audio cable so the only way I can talk in vent when the radio is on is with vent chat. Hopefully I'll have that all fixed soon enough!

I've responded to my little backup of PM's I had guys. Sorry for the delay.

No worries! Ty for the password Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.aresproject.de
Coldhart

Coldhart

Posts : 363
Join date : 2010-11-14
Age : 46
Location : St. Louis (Illinois side)

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:14 pm

Heya Jedin, you figure out how to run mulitple channels yet?

If you have to have your system plugged into the mic so you don't pick up air and background noise, I would assume that you could only run one channel at a time with one pc at a time...meaning for the different channels you would have to have one pc for each channel. Not sure exactly cuz I haven't tried but I do know a lot about how vent works.

If that's the case, then maybe others can help with the other channels, i.e. you run one channel, Schwen runs another channel and so on. For best sound quality I would think you would have to have an outside system plugged to your server pc...Go from the headphone jack on the PC with your music and plugged directly to the mic input on the PC with your vent so no background noise, and then leave the vent setting on voice activated. Of course this may require two pc's just for this one vent radio channel plus the PC you're playing the game on = 3 PC's >.< Or...dunno if this will work...take the audio line out from headphones and plug it into the mic all on the same PC. Will that work? Then you only need one PC for your music and vent. I don't have an audio cable to check this otherwise I would. And I don't edit and mix music and try stuff like this, so there may even be some software to help with all this, not sure.

It wouldn't take much of a hard drive tho. I mean even a simple playlist with 100 songs would play 5 to 6 hours on average...based off most songs being roughly 3 minutes long. You could even pre-record announcements and some form of talk and add it into your playlist at certain points so it plays those announcements and radio talk in order just like it was another song. And then change your announcements or radio talk on a daily basis to fit your needs.

TBH I'm not sure if you can have multiple vent windows up on one PC at the same time. And even if you could, not sure if you could configure it to allow the different music inputs into different vent windows at once for the different channels.

And I know you or someone else mentioned maybe even having something playing real low in the lobby. You won't be able to do this. A lot of times when more than one mic is keyed at once, everything gets distorted. It might be ok for some people and others may just hear noise when they key up. Vents wierd like that some times. I think it has a lot to do with everyone's bandwidth and if they're playing a game and trying to talk and also have the low music coming in on the same channel, it may be too much if they have a slower speed inet connection.

And if you're going to get multiple channels going, I would say instead of a day/night thing, do different music style, i.e. one channel be "Rock", another be "Alternative", another be "80'S Glam Bands" and so on. That way people can listen to what style they like.



Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
vlak

vlak

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-11-12
Age : 50
Location : Portland, OR

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:59 am

Too bad you didn't reply to my pm man...we could put up a shoutcast for ya.



Great way to grab the horns though! Smile


Vlak
Back to top Go down
http://myveterans.org
Mongo

Mongo

Posts : 165
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 54
Location : Astoria Oregon U.S.A.

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:46 pm

still lookin for a password lol
Back to top Go down
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Tennessee

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:49 am

I'm sorry guys. I kinda dropped the ball. I haven't really run into anyone on Vent and it didn't seem like anyone was really using it so I just kinda stopped logging in for a little while (well that and I've been playing Oblivion alot again!). Anywho!! I'll be updating my playlist for a few hours tomorrow since I'm off work and I'll have the channel back up and running again.
Mongo wrote:
still lookin for a password lol

I'm SO sorry Mongo. Not sure what happened...according to my sent messages I sent you the password! Maybe it didn't go through or something. I'm going to resend it for you right away! Sorry again about the delay!

Coldhart ...well there's alot of responses to you lol. First of all there IS a way to run more than one version of vent. I can do that right now. And there IS a way for me to have one running without interfering with my voice chat in the other window. The only way I know how to do this though is with a Virtual Audio Cable. Much of what you were saying with the whole "increased music quality" advice you were giving can be done with a Virtual Audio Cable all while allowing me to run it on a single PC. However it's been SO long since I've done it that I'm having some slight difficulties setting it up properly.....and I'm just really lazy and haven't put enough work into it to get it working properly! But I appreciate the advice regardless : )

Vlak I appreciate ya telling me about the shoutcast! And I probably will end up running it as well. I'm not so keen on making people register and create accounts to tune into the radio though. It just seems like it's a tad bit easier to just log on to vent and be done with it >.< Like I said though I'll probably look more into this once I have everything Vent side finished up.


Coldhart wrote:
If that's the case, then maybe others can help with the other channels, i.e. you run one channel, Schwen runs another channel and so on.
And if you're going to get multiple channels going, I would say instead of a day/night thing, do different music style, i.e. one channel be "Rock", another be "Alternative", another be "80'S Glam Bands" and so on. That way people can listen to what style they like.

Ya I'd be glad to see some other members with their own playlists! I'd even give them channel creating rights to allow them to make and name their own radio channels. I had said before that I'd allow anyone the opportunity to stream through vent. However I'm not sure if I want channels that play NOTHING but certain musical styles. While I'm sure some people would disagree but I personally enjoy listening to all sorts of music, and I love being introduced to new bands or musical styles I've never heard of before. Even though I'll probably fail I'd like to think once I have all of my music uploaded into my playlists I might be able to allow other RIG members to experience musical styles that they may enjoy but have never been introduced to before! I think I may have said something about this in my original vent post....but I could be wrong >.< I should have though if I didn't!!! I try to have a wide range of stuff in my channels...that way if something that's being played is disliked by a RIG members that's tuning in, it may be possible for them to enjoy the next track or two because there's such a different musical style between songs; rather than simply having nothing but one musical style playing 24/7.
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Posts : 165
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 54
Location : Astoria Oregon U.S.A.

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:09 am

JedinWaiting wrote:
I'm sorry guys. I kinda dropped the ball. I haven't really run into anyone on Vent and it didn't seem like anyone was really using it so I just kinda stopped logging in for a little while (well that and I've been playing Oblivion alot again!). Anywho!! I'll be updating my playlist for a few hours tomorrow since I'm off work and I'll have the channel back up and running again.
Mongo wrote:
still lookin for a password lol

I'm SO sorry Mongo. Not sure what happened...according to my sent messages I sent you the password! Maybe it didn't go through or something. I'm going to resend it for you right away! Sorry again about the delay!

Coldhart ...well there's alot of responses to you lol. First of all there IS a way to run more than one version of vent. I can do that right now. And there IS a way for me to have one running without interfering with my voice chat in the other window. The only way I know how to do this though is with a Virtual Audio Cable. Much of what you were saying with the whole "increased music quality" advice you were giving can be done with a Virtual Audio Cable all while allowing me to run it on a single PC. However it's been SO long since I've done it that I'm having some slight difficulties setting it up properly.....and I'm just really lazy and haven't put enough work into it to get it working properly! But I appreciate the advice regardless : )

Vlak I appreciate ya telling me about the shoutcast! And I probably will end up running it as well. I'm not so keen on making people register and create accounts to tune into the radio though. It just seems like it's a tad bit easier to just log on to vent and be done with it >.< Like I said though I'll probably look more into this once I have everything Vent side finished up.


Coldhart wrote:
If that's the case, then maybe others can help with the other channels, i.e. you run one channel, Schwen runs another channel and so on.
And if you're going to get multiple channels going, I would say instead of a day/night thing, do different music style, i.e. one channel be "Rock", another be "Alternative", another be "80'S Glam Bands" and so on. That way people can listen to what style they like.

Ya I'd be glad to see some other members with their own playlists! I'd even give them channel creating rights to allow them to make and name their own radio channels. I had said before that I'd allow anyone the opportunity to stream through vent. However I'm not sure if I want channels that play NOTHING but certain musical styles. While I'm sure some people would disagree but I personally enjoy listening to all sorts of music, and I love being introduced to new bands or musical styles I've never heard of before. Even though I'll probably fail I'd like to think once I have all of my music uploaded into my playlists I might be able to allow other RIG members to experience musical styles that they may enjoy but have never been introduced to before! I think I may have said something about this in my original vent post....but I could be wrong >.< I should have though if I didn't!!! I try to have a wide range of stuff in my channels...that way if something that's being played is disliked by a RIG members that's tuning in, it may be possible for them to enjoy the next track or two because there's such a different musical style between songs; rather than simply having nothing but one musical style playing 24/7.
No need to apologize, i just didnt see the lil private message thingy lol, all my fault
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

Posts : 363
Join date : 2010-11-14
Age : 46
Location : St. Louis (Illinois side)

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:24 pm

JedinWaiting wrote:
Ya I'd be glad to see some other members with their own playlists! I'd even give them channel creating rights to allow them to make and name their own radio channels. I had said before that I'd allow anyone the opportunity to stream through vent. However I'm not sure if I want channels that play NOTHING but certain musical styles. While I'm sure some people would disagree but I personally enjoy listening to all sorts of music, and I love being introduced to new bands or musical styles I've never heard of before. Even though I'll probably fail I'd like to think once I have all of my music uploaded into my playlists I might be able to allow other RIG members to experience musical styles that they may enjoy but have never been introduced to before! I think I may have said something about this in my original vent post....but I could be wrong >.< I should have though if I didn't!!! I try to have a wide range of stuff in my channels...that way if something that's being played is disliked by a RIG members that's tuning in, it may be possible for them to enjoy the next track or two because there's such a different musical style between songs; rather than simply having nothing but one musical style playing 24/7.

I hear ya. I would rather hear all sorts of music too. I was just thinking for those who don't like certain styles tho. But I guess if there's more than one channel then they can just switch channels lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Tennessee

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:47 pm

Well hopefully once I get finished uploading some music when I get back from the movies I'll have a large portion of new tunes for peeps to tune into! We'll see : ) I'll try to make sure the radio is on more often than not again now that I'm seeing some more peeps interested : P
Back to top Go down
vlak

vlak

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-11-12
Age : 50
Location : Portland, OR

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:53 pm

JedinWaiting wrote:


Vlak I appreciate ya telling me about the shoutcast! And I probably will end up running it as well. I'm not so keen on making people register and create accounts to tune into the radio though. It just seems like it's a tad bit easier to just log on to vent and be done with it >.< Like I said though I'll probably look more into this once I have everything Vent side finished up.


The example i had you look at was behind a login. It would not have to be, and it's a much more effective way to do this.

I would be happy to host it for RIG Radio. Just let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://myveterans.org
Rafel Xavian

Rafel Xavian

Posts : 43
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 32
Location : Savonlinna, Finland

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Rafel Xavian
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Sanctus Amicitia

(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Still looking for a password here as well =)
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Sanctus_Amicitia
Sponsored content




(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB   (VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
(VENTRILO) RIG RADIO AND SOCIAL HUB
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Howard Stern Radio Interview - Nikki Sixx
» Howard Stern Interviews Pastor James David Manning (radio Interview)
» Who Borrowed social security we paid in?
» Reynard City on the radio!
» Howard Stern Interviews Charlie Murphy (Eddie Murphy's brother - radio)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The R.I.G. :: The OSC - Events and Suggestions-
Jump to:  
This site is in not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd.
and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd.
You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or „deep link‟ to any image, video or sound clip directly.Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com