AuthorMessage
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

So you really want to leave WoW? Empty
PostSubject: So you really want to leave WoW?   So you really want to leave WoW? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:02 pm

I never played WoW, but now I know why it got the worst community around. It start by Blizzard itself crying when people try to cancel their accounts.

See this example.

Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: So you really want to leave WoW?   So you really want to leave WoW? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Ooh don't get me started...I still get those infernal, 'your account details' have recently been altered mails, at least 1 a day, and I cancelled my account months and months ago. I have asked for it be deleted completely to stop these mails a half dozen times but still I get them......blizzard suck when it comes to things like this.

So you really want to leave WoW? Tyodisig1copygj8er6
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Baelyrn

Baelyrn

PostSubject: Re: So you really want to leave WoW?   So you really want to leave WoW? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:48 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Ooh don't get me started...I still get those infernal, 'your account details' have recently been altered mails, at least 1 a day, and I cancelled my account months and months ago. I have asked for it be deleted completely to stop these mails a half dozen times but still I get them......blizzard suck when it comes to things like this.

I believe those are just normal phishing scams, and have nothing to do with Blizzard. I used to get those from Aion and I've never even played the game.

As for the picture in the original post, I don't get what's so weird about that. Of course they will do anything to keep the players in the game and seems like a perfectly appropriate message.
Back to top Go down
Lednik

Lednik

PostSubject: Re: So you really want to leave WoW?   So you really want to leave WoW? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:

I suspect most of those mails were scam actually. I received at least dozen of them. They appeared to be from Blizzard but when i looked into the details the sender was some random mail like sdhgsjhds@hotmail.com. Somebody was trying to steal your account.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: So you really want to leave WoW?   So you really want to leave WoW? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:36 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:

You know, like the others said, probably scam. I get lots of Blizzard and WoW emails, despite never owning a Blizzard account or one of their games in my entire life.

Baelyrn wrote:
As for the picture in the original post, I don't get what's so weird about that. Of course they will do anything to keep the players in the game and seems like a perfectly appropriate message.

I don't.

The message sound like a drogue dealer telling his client that he should continue, because drogues make him feel good. Here, they are trying to make the customer feel guilty about leaving. In real life, when it happen between real people, it's called emotional abuse...

Quince

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Qint B'san
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: So you really want to leave WoW?   So you really want to leave WoW? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:12 pm

I agree, those emails were probably phishing attempts. I actually managed to get my WoW account hacked about a year ago. What an absolute nightmare. I finally got it all straightened out (after weeks) and then quit the game... lol. Originally I was only going to take a break, but my break is more of a hiatus now or a permanent separation. As to the original letter, yeah they can be pushy, but business is business. They're trying to keep people. As I understand it, WoW lost about 30% of it's subscribers during the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. They're still enormously successful, but that has to hurt the wallet.
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: So you really want to leave WoW?   So you really want to leave WoW? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:35 pm

Quince wrote:
As I understand it, WoW lost about 30% of it's subscribers during the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.

I did not know that, but I can not say I am surprised, a lot of silly (class balance) decisions, among with other stuff came with WotLK.
Back to top Go down
Aurabesh

Aurabesh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aurabesh
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: So you really want to leave WoW?   So you really want to leave WoW? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Yup, getting those Fishy males, ahem, phishing mails aswell...but i guess i am a Wow-aholic and i will go and have a looksy at Cata anyway.
Why? i really still like to play the game with a few close friends : /
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

PostSubject: Re: So you really want to leave WoW?   So you really want to leave WoW? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:47 pm

didnt buy cata, not going to even bother
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: So you really want to leave WoW?   So you really want to leave WoW? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:24 pm

LOL well, they've definitely changed that since I quit. Sounds more like QQ instead of being pushy.

As for the e-mails, yeah I still get em all the time. It's gotten to the point that I don't even care anymore if it might actualy be from Blizzard. I just delete em all without even looking at them.

And what's really messed up is that I belong to the "Blizzard Fan Club" wich is actually for Dairy Queen (A pretty good fast food and ice cream place). I don't know how many damn coupons I've missed cuz I thought it was the gaming company Blizzard at first glance >.<

I should sue!!! Blizzard (the gameing company) now owes me a liftime supply of blizzards from DQ! Yay, ice cream!
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: So you really want to leave WoW?   So you really want to leave WoW? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:31 am

My WoW account always gets those notices sent to my email
Wait i dont have a WoW account.....

Its not too bad IMO, the ass kissing write up at the end isnt needed, but i do think companies like to hear feed back on why customers are quitting, it gives them focus and feedback so its good on that aspect
Back to top Go down
TheJW

TheJW

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Undecided
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Sons of Ziost

PostSubject: Re: So you really want to leave WoW?   So you really want to leave WoW? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:44 pm

Haha. I never got that message when I quit but that was a very long time ago. I do get occasional emails, but they are actually from Blizzard trying to get me back. They really ramp up the sales pitch when expansions come out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sonsofziost.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So you really want to leave WoW?   So you really want to leave WoW? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So you really want to leave WoW?
Page 1 of 1