Respect In Gaming

HomeRegisterLog in

Monthly Subscriptions and Digital Downloads Confirmed!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CRR_Kathy

CRR_Kathy

Monthly Subscriptions and Digital Downloads Confirmed! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Subscriptions and Digital Downloads Confirmed!   Monthly Subscriptions and Digital Downloads Confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:41 pm

I like the idea of a monthly subscription because that is the model I am comfortable with, having played several MMOs with fees. It will be interesting to see if they tweak that model a bit, offering a couple different levels to try and get people who are new to MMOs to play.

Back to top Go down
http://www.corellianrun.com
Velaxi
Just Married
Velaxi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Velaxi
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Subscriptions and Digital Downloads Confirmed!   Monthly Subscriptions and Digital Downloads Confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:49 pm

I do imagine that at some point they will follow the rest of the industry and go into some MTAs, but I would expect that they will also follow the example of *the big one* and keep it limited to cosmetic items.
EA has already started a game (lol@NFSWorld) based entirely on the MTA model.
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Subscriptions and Digital Downloads Confirmed!   Monthly Subscriptions and Digital Downloads Confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Velaxi wrote:
I do imagine that at some point they will follow the rest of the industry and go into some MTAs, but I would expect that they will also follow the example of *the big one* and keep it limited to cosmetic items.
EA has already started a game (lol@NFSWorld) based entirely on the MTA model.

Could be and hopefully so. However, LoTRO and DDO both list their Top 10 moneymakers as all non-cosmetic, including extra storage/inventory slots but also including short-term buff boosts and permanent stat/level increases.

Another part of Mr. Brown's talk mentioned 20% of EA's bucks comes from digital revenue. Granted, that includes DLC and digital download alongside microtransactions.

Just like before Mr. Brown's bit they ain't saying details yet. Wink

Good car salesmen try to tell all the wonderful features first and the price last.
Back to top Go down
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Subscriptions and Digital Downloads Confirmed!   Monthly Subscriptions and Digital Downloads Confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:51 am

I'm glad to see that subscription is confirmed for many reasons. Mainly I think a subscription method provides a predictable and steady income for EA/Bioware to continue to work on the game and constantly give us great updates/content and quick patches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Subscriptions and Digital Downloads Confirmed!   Monthly Subscriptions and Digital Downloads Confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monthly Subscriptions and Digital Downloads Confirmed!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2