AuthorMessage
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Friday Update - Dec 10th - Empty
PostSubject: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:10 pm

Rebirth of the Sith Empire

A new timeline entry, narrated by the sexy Master Gnost-Dural.

Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Ty-Odie = Odile Vaiken?

YOU HAVE BEEN UNMASKED SIR!!!

Awesome update, I really love the detail we're getting about the Sith so we know a lot of about them, since we already know (well...a better idea overall) of how the Order works and the Republic.

Odile is now my Imp agents hero! lol
Back to top Go down
Velaxi
Just Married
Velaxi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Velaxi
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:53 pm

<--- is sexier than Gnost-Durhal.
That is all.
Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xavier Dragen
Guild: Zero³

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:49 pm

The timeline videos are getting a little stale for me actually and I'm a lore nut. We haven't had a new planet in two months, we still have 4 class ac updates left, we still have a holonet tab to be opened, we still have more game systems to reveal. There is only so much time left.

I was really hoping for a new planet today. So, I'm a little disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Velaxi
Just Married
Velaxi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Well, ~13 more fridays until we approach the window for game launch, and you listed 7-ish things... so... yeah.
Expect the bigger ones closer to launch time, I would presume.
Back to top Go down
Dresgar

Dresgar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dres Gar
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Xavier wrote:
There is only so much time left.

There is plenty of time until the mid 2012 launch date.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:26 pm

He is not sexy...

Yes, there is only up to 28 Friday updates left but they don't have to restrict themselves to Fridays or amount if they want to get out more information. Least of all I think people should worry about BW being able to get out the info "in time"...

When You Argue With Idiots
They Drag You Down To Their Level
And Beat You With Experience
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Dresgar wrote:
Xavier wrote:
There is only so much time left.

There is plenty of time until the mid 2012 launch date.

Haha! Dont Jinx us Dre'! /noogie

azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:18 pm

Grome wrote:
He is not sexy...

K'mon, he's a Jedi and a Kel'dor and voiced by Lance Henriksen.

Grome wrote:
Yes, there is only up to 28 Friday updates left but they don't have to restrict themselves to Fridays or amount if they want to get out more information. Least of all I think people should worry about BW being able to get out the info "in time"...

They already said that the timeline have nothing to do with the game release. I'm pretty sure we won't have all the game information on the official website before the game is released either. So they can switch planets/fan friday/timelines/inhabitants/biographies with more "important" information...

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:47 pm

azarhal wrote:
They already said that the timeline have nothing to do with the game release. I'm pretty sure we won't have all the game information on the official website before the game is released either. So they can switch planets/fan friday/timelines/inhabitants/biographies with more "important" information...

Agreed. They have already said somethings will be web stuff will be released after the game is launched and there are several timeline slots left. Likewise I think inhabitants and biographies will continue to be updated after launch.

As far as planets go, I don't know how many more there are but I doubt many. Geonosis is one that always gets mentioned but I'm guessing that one is going to be saved for an expansion. Personally I'd like bigger, more diverse planets over lots of planets.
Back to top Go down
Aohh

Aohh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aohh Soleil Noir
Guild: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:52 pm

I already voiced my disappointment on the official forums, and negativity is not allowed here, so let's continue talking about Velaxi's sexiness.
Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
As far as planets go, I don't know how many more there are but I doubt many. Geonosis is one that always gets mentioned but I'm guessing that one is going to be saved for an expansion. Personally I'd like bigger, more diverse planets over lots of planets.

If you believe Dan Erickson, there are more planets to come. He said, "we have many more planets on the way." That was after Nar Shadaa. To me, many more > two. I can't imagine Geonosis not being one of them. One of the major NPCs in the game, Mandalore is based on Geonosis. Also, can you think of a better place for Arena combat than the Arenas of Geonosis? Based on all of the material about Geonosis already available on the site, it makes very little sense to me not to include it.

By the way, I'm a huge exploration fan. So, next to the class AC updates, the planets are my favorite. I was really looking forward to one this week, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Xavier wrote:
Godric_Barbarosa wrote:

If you believe Dan Erickson, there are more planets to come. He said, "we have many more planets on the way." That was after Nar Shadaa. To me, many more > two. I can't imagine Geonosis not being one of them. One of the major NPCs in the game, Mandalore is based on Geonosis. Also, can you think of a better place for Arena combat than the Arenas of Geonosis? Based on all of the material about Geonosis already available on the site, it makes very little sense to me not to include it.

By the way, I'm a huge exploration fan. So, next to the class AC updates, the planets are my favorite. I was really looking forward to one this week, that's all.

I'm not going to dig around for the quote, but I thought at one point that they said they would not have arenas at launch, but they were open to putting it in later. This is what leads me to believe Geonosis would be put off, although it would be an obvious planet for the Empire which doesn't have control of too many planets at this point.

I'm an exploration guy to and thats why I want planets with more diversity. I know that they are kind of resrticted by the lore here but I find planets that are just deserts or just ice to be a little boring. I want planets with mountains and deserts and jungles and ice. Alderaan looked to be a great planet for this, but now that it is mainly a PvP hub, I don't know if we'll get to explore too much of it.
Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:36 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
Xavier wrote:
Godric_Barbarosa wrote:

I'm not going to dig around for the quote, but I thought at one point that they said they would not have arenas at launch, but they were open to putting it in later. This is what leads me to believe Geonosis would be put off, although it would be an obvious planet for the Empire which doesn't have control of too many planets at this point.

I'm an exploration guy to and thats why I want planets with more diversity. I know that they are kind of resrticted by the lore here but I find planets that are just deserts or just ice to be a little boring. I want planets with mountains and deserts and jungles and ice. Alderaan looked to be a great planet for this, but now that it is mainly a PvP hub, I don't know if we'll get to explore too much of it.

I hadn't seen the Arena quote, I'll have to keep my eye out for that. However, Geonosis I think provides for some interesting exploration beyond just the deserts. Their cities, hive like structures, carved into the natural rock would be very cool. Also, beneath the surface of the planet is a maze of caverns and tunnels. With BioWare's penchant for multi-tiered planets in this game (Coruscant, Nar Shadaa, Korriban to a lesser extent with the tombs) I would think Geonosis would be right up their alley.

But, that's just my opinion and it's no more or less correct than yours. If it doesn't appeal to you...well I suppose that's ok too. Very Happy

Also, I seem to remember hearing that Alderaan is one of the larger planets. It's much more than just a battleground. You've got House Antillies, House Organa, House Trask, and one other one that I'm forgetting. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the exploration on Alderaan.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:45 pm

I think the more planets the better. Only bad aspect, from my expeience in the "ultimate sanbox" (SWG). Planets like Rori (pre-2006 Restuss content) has absolutely nothing to offer aside from player cities, which, even then were sparse...

Then again, with the story-arc, they will prolly include each planet in the story....At least I hope...

azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:31 pm

I love the planets updates as well, but I think we won't know all of them until after the game launch (or open beta leaks happen). I remember Sean saying that the holonet of the official website was a "subset" of the game internal holonet or something like that and I also feel like the official website is actually in "beta" as well...

Back to the planets, because I love the planets. Smile

Some people call me crazy when I say there's going to be something like 34 planets in the game, but I believe the game will have that many, although it doesn't mean they will have all a lots to offer in term of content and some might be fleshed out in expansion later.

I do know that way back in 2008, they was 4 planets mentioned in a interview (or was it the official announcement?). Only one on that list is on the website so far: Alderraan. The others were Agamar, Dathomir and Utapau. Then there's the creating world blog that mention that KoTOR 1 & 2 worlds need to be included for story reason and answering questions. Of that list we only have Korriban, Nar Shaddaa, Taris and Tatooine announced, most of the others are mentioned (hinted at) on the official website as well. Then there's all the other planets/moons they hinted at like Geonosis, Yavin 4 and Bothawui.

These are part of the game lore, I'm pretty sure we will get to see these in the game...

Although, they will need to rework the planet page, because right now it's not really user friendly. Sometimes I wonder if TOR wont have too much content.

Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:56 am

I could see this game have many more planets as well. 20 at least is what I expect.

Indeed, maybe they won't release all the info until launch. We knew it about the timelines but possibly other things too: biographies and inhabitants of course, but maybe even planets. Don't know...

Anyway, if you can show me some revealing pictures of him I could make my mind up, Az.

Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:57 pm

I liked the update.
We can't really expect them to release new interviews and big reveals every week.
IMO, there's not much to reveal anyway. We have the classes, we have loads of planets, we have class abilities, we have some gameplay and pvp info... The only stuff I see missing is some crew skills and maybe some planets. That's why it's so hard for me to wait for this game, I know everything that would make me want to play it... now just let me play! : (
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:08 pm

And what's with this Naga Sadow?

Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Grome wrote:

People love Sadow from some reason.

So as soon as they saw a Sith Lord with a armor that look like a recolored version of his vantage suit they claim he's Sadow. Despite the fact that an early timeline entry had him in his vantage suit as an evil spirit on Yavin 4 at odds with the current Sith Emperor.

Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:57 pm

azarhal wrote:
Grome wrote:

People love Sadow from some reason.

So as soon as they saw a Sith Lord with a armor that look like a recolored version of his vantage suit they claim he's Sadow. Despite the fact that an early timeline entry had him in his vantage suit as an evil spirit on Yavin 4 at odds with the current Sith Emperor.

I'm not a big lore nut, but Darthhater had someone thinking the symbol on the robes of red cloaked figure were those that matched Ludo Kressh's.

Seems to be a trend with Bioware updates, more questions then answers. Which is fine with me Razz
Back to top Go down
Velaxi
Just Married
Velaxi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:28 am

Well of course... backstories are supposed to answer questions and raise 2 more for every answer... gawsh!
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:01 am

Kai-Sun wrote:
I'm not a big lore nut, but Darthhater had someone thinking the symbol on the robes of red cloaked figure were those that matched Ludo Kressh's.

Seems to be a trend with Bioware updates, more questions then answers. Which is fine with me Razz

Kressh is already linked to the Emperor, because of Blood of the Empire (Exal Kressh). So I would said more hints...

I'm betting on Kressh the Younger having something to do with our Emperor.

Aohh

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Aohh Soleil Noir
Guild: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 7:52 pm

azarhal wrote:
I'm betting on Kressh the Younger having something to do with our Emperor.
I share this thought. However I will not be surprised if the revealed Emperor has no links with the Kressh at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update - Dec 10th -   Friday Update - Dec 10th - I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday Update - Dec 10th -
Page 1 of 1